PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Quarantine A City

Novenus Julius
03-12-2006, 18:15
I've been looking around for days on how to quarantine a city. You see, my city got plagued and I need a solution ASAP. Victoria tells me to quarantine it, but she doesn't tell me how to do it.

Antagonist
03-12-2006, 18:20
Quarantining a city isn't a special feature or process, it just means keeping all units, characters and agents that were inside the city inside and not letting anything else in. If you don't, you run the risk of a larger epidemic as anyone who comes into contact with an infected character or unit could pick up the plague. Just leave them in the plague city for a few turns, it should wear off.

Antagonist

P.S. Welcome to the Org!

Novenus Julius
03-12-2006, 18:25
Ahhhh, it was so easy. Thank you for the help and the warm welcome. One more thing, though. I went to the avatar section, but I do not know how to add them as my avatar.

Antagonist
03-12-2006, 18:29
You mean an avatar here on the forums? Just got to the Edit Avatar option on the User Control Panel (CP) It shows a drop down list of different "categories" of avatar (more categories become available as you keep posting AFAIK) Pick the list you want, then select one of the pictures and click "Save Changes" then that should become your avatar.

Hope that helps,

Antagonist

Novenus Julius
03-12-2006, 19:46
It did help, but I don't see any for Roman soldiers,which is what I wanted.
Thanks again,
-Novenus Julius-

Avicenna
03-12-2006, 19:57
Welcome to the .org, Novenus! I think you can keep the infected in the province, just don't let them into other provinces (apart from the hated enemy's, of course!)

The Roman generals require at least 500 posts for some of them. Some require 1000 posts to use.

Ciaran
03-13-2006, 13:20
As an addition: Characters keep the plague longer than the city population, so you waant to pull them out of the city, to prevent an infection circle (the character infects the city, but when he´s clean again he gets infected by the population again and so on). Just place him outside the city.

Diurpaneus
03-13-2006, 13:59
When the cities are about to revolt due to the large numbers of people within, I infect them with plague by taking a unit belonging to a city with plague into their walls...therefore i avoid an iminnent rebel war to get the city back :laugh4:

Novenus Julius
03-14-2006, 00:15
The plague is no longer in the city. Thanks to everyone for all the help.

Papewaio
03-14-2006, 01:27
Biological warfare... you make diplomats/spies in a plague city amd send them to the enemies cities.