PDA

View Full Version : Open a mod forum for MTW2

PROMETHEUS
03-15-2006, 00:23
May be is time to open it and move there some thrads that at the moment are scattered between the actual mod forum and the actual MTW2 forum....

econ21
03-15-2006, 00:44
I'd welcome any views on this. To an outsider, it seems a little early but if people make a case, I'll take it the man upstairs. :bow:

Epistolary Richard
03-15-2006, 01:29
As far as I'm aware there are only a couple of MTW2 threads on the RTW mod forums. Until there's something actually to mod all you can really do is talk about the history and that has a happier home on the main MTW2 forum.

So, I also say it's a little early forr a separate forum. But I'd be happy to move your RTW2 thread over to this forum if you want them all in one place.

Orda Khan
03-15-2006, 15:46
Agreed, it is too early yet as any forthcoming mods are in early research stage. Maybe sticky them here is a better idea?

........Orda

Epistolary Richard
03-16-2006, 01:41
I'm not the MTW2 moderator so it's not my decision - but an active research thread is probably going to bump up on a pretty regular basis.

econ21
03-16-2006, 09:11
Yes, I'd rather let the level of new content or user interest bump up the threads rather than sticky them. Stickying mod threads might either mean prioritising some rather empty threads or the potentially invidious task of favouring mods that seem to have more content.

Voigtkampf
03-17-2006, 13:12
Indeed, when there is something to mod, we will easily add a new dedicated sub-forum for MTW2.

=E.T=
03-17-2006, 19:05
Noob opinion...

mtw2 as sub-folder in MTW?

;)

Geoffrey S
03-17-2006, 19:17
Fair and all, but it could be useful. Some mods, definitely EB, began some time before RTW was released, presumably compiling a large catalogue of all the units, buildings and suchlike things they could want to include. If there's one thing forums would be ideal for it's that kind of thing, since it doesn't require knowledge of gamemechanics straight away.

But it's probably too early for that right now, I'd wait until a little more information has sneaked out of CA headquarters.

Voigtkampf
03-18-2006, 16:28
Yes, EB began some while before Rome came out, but there had been a critical mass of fans that wanted to change certain information they found to be incorrectly presented in Rome (considering the historical accuracy). At the current state, we don’t have enough information nor the critical mass to launch such a campaign. We don’t even know these specifics of the game engine and will there be any tools to import/export models.

But, if someone wants to start a thread on his/their mod, they are welcome to do so, and when in time such thread becomes too large to accommodate all the information, we can easily create sub-forums for them. As Rome Total War 2 mod thread, for instance.