PDA

View Full Version : The AI is really stupid

The Spartan (Returns)
03-19-2006, 05:01
i won 5 clear battles with Spartan Hoplites (sometimes the enemy kills only 7 troops!) against Urban Cohorts! the AI retreats the Urban Cohort after 6 seconds and throws pillas again (before they retreat i have killed like 7 Urban Cohorts) sometimes they throw pilas while fighting! then i win never losing less than 50! but if im the Romans using the Urban Cohorts, i throw pilas, charge, and fight. never retreating. i win but i lose at least 33 men. this is really weird. (no upgrades, no advantages, no height advantages. Map: Grassy Flatland) p.s. the Roman AI do that alot. 1.5 patch

Severous
03-19-2006, 09:27
Hi The Spartan

Which difficulty are you playing at ?

Are there any Generals around ? What are their ratings ?

On easy setting with powerful generals the AI is toast. Switch it around and play on hard without a general and it gets a deal tougher.

The Spartan (Returns)
03-19-2006, 17:50
normal difficulty. this is custom battle so there is no command rating.

professorspatula
03-19-2006, 17:56
Yes, the AI is stupid.

Not as stupid as it was, but stupid all the same. It's far too rigid and restricted and struggles to adapt, let alone plan any sneaky tactics.

Fingers crossed for MTW2 and a more advanced AI foe.

The Spartan (Returns)
03-19-2006, 19:47
Yes, the AI is stupid.

Not as stupid as it was, but stupid all the same. It's far too rigid and restricted and struggles to adapt, let alone plan any sneaky tactics.

Fingers crossed for MTW2 and a more advanced AI foe.

i will. by the way nice mod! :2thumbsup: