PDA

View Full Version : Are there any night battles?

The Spartan (Returns)
03-19-2006, 22:56
ive never seen a night battle pic yet. i hope they still have night battles.

Catiline
03-19-2006, 23:31
Wouldn't bother me if they didn't, they're a daft idea anyway

Joshwa
03-20-2006, 02:26
Yeah, i dont think they ever really happened except by accident occasionally

Ludens
03-20-2006, 21:53
I wouldn't mind if they were in the game, but it is rather low on my priority list.

Cesare diBorja
03-20-2006, 22:12
study your history. not all things happened by day. ever.

econ21
03-21-2006, 00:06
I suspect that historically night battles were most often attempts to attack a camp or even city undercover of nightfall. Or alternatively, sides may deploy under cover of darkness in order to attack at first light. Both sides agreeing to form up and fight a pitched battle in darkness, BI style, sounds rather bizarre. I'd like to see night battles be either ambushes or maybe the first few minutes of the battle, with dawn then rising as time goes by.

Martok
03-21-2006, 01:46
I wouldn't mind if they were in the game, but it is rather low on my priority list.

I suspect that historically night battles were most often attempts to attack a camp or even city undercover of nightfall. Or alternatively, sides may deploy under cover of darkness in order to attack at first light. Both sides agreeing to form up and fight a pitched battle in darkness, BI style, sounds rather bizarre. I'd like to see night battles be either ambushes or maybe the first few minutes of the battle, with dawn then rising as time goes by.

I have to agree with both of you here. I certainly won't claim night battles aren't a neat idea, but I do think they're a somewhat overrated feature, especially in their current implementation. It would make far more sense if nighttime operations was another type of "ambush" attack, as opposed to a standard battle.

Either way, though, I could certainly live without them. I'd prefer CA spend their time working on more relevant aspects of the game.

Dutch_guy
03-21-2006, 18:58
My guess is that they'll include night battles like they did in BI.

I can't think of reason why they wouldn't, I mean M2TW will use a modified version of the Rome engine, meaning Night battles will probably be easy enough to add - or carry over to the game.

:balloon2:

Weebeast
03-22-2006, 06:50
I'd like to see night battles be either ambushes or maybe the first few minutes of the battle, with dawn then rising as time goes by.
or the sky is turning orange when the battle drags on