PDA

View Full Version : Conquer the without ever leaving your homelands

Telys
03-20-2006, 03:52
I never realized that it is possible to win the game without having to actually occupy enemy territory. All that has to be done is overwhelm your enemy forces into surrender(Protectorate), this is much easier to do if you have a good amount of moneyso you can bribe them or offer them confiscated lands. Once annexed all their territories count as yours, and trust me, most any faction will surrender eventually with persistence and/or money.

Alexanderofmacedon
03-20-2006, 04:33
Welcome to the forums Telys The Conqueror!

I have never gotten a country to be my protectorate, which seems odd, because I've been playing for a long, long time. This could be a good strategy for a while to gain lots of land without actually gaining land. Then you can send huge armies out without actually defending you settlements.

That's a good idea though!:idea2:

Telys
03-20-2006, 05:14
certain factions are easier to subdue than others. for example gaul is relatively easy to obtain a surrender than britannia. when trying to force the surrender you only want to take 2 or three of there settlements and then send as many units as you can into one province then continously demand they become your protectorate in exchange for money(generally arouund 10,000 to 20,000 denarii, depending on faction) and/or the settlements you just took from them. this may take some time before they fold, but eventually they will, except for the romans and if the faction has already become someone elses protectorate.