PDA

View Full Version : BI messed up my game

Telys
03-20-2006, 04:34
I had bought BI and installed the game. Played a few campaigns and then went back to rtw, but now the game runs slower and clompletely shuts of when i reach the year 70 bc, and the gane does not end until like 70 ad or something like that. I had uninstall BI just to play rtw with no problems. Is it my computer or the game causing this?

Just A Girl
03-26-2006, 21:39
I had bought BI and installed the game. Played a few campaigns and then went back to rtw, but now the game runs slower and clompletely shuts of when i reach the year 70 bc, and the gane does not end until like 70 ad or something like that. I had uninstall BI just to play rtw with no problems. Is it my computer or the game causing this?

you may want to install RTW twice..
Once a clean install of rtw.

And once as BI.

That way they both should work fine.

Its likelye that registry entrys from bi have remained since the uninstall.
And now the game is using dll's and vsd's that were optimized for bi.

Just a theory.

Telys
03-26-2006, 23:40
Yea thats what I did so I could play a clean game of total war, but I'm still curious as to why I have trouble playing BI. I tried installing BI again the otherday it ran pretty slow, I dont know, maybe it"s my computer. Need new hardware or something.

PseRamesses
03-29-2006, 08:52
Yea thats what I did so I could play a clean game of total war, but I'm still curious as to why I have trouble playing BI. I tried installing BI again the otherday it ran pretty slow, I dont know, maybe it"s my computer. Need new hardware or something.
You might want to check out what other tasks your PC is performing while playing BI. Set it to prioritize RTW.

Goofball
03-30-2006, 23:34
You might want to check out what other tasks your PC is performing while playing BI. Set it to prioritize RTW.

How do you do that? Prioritize, I mean.

Proletariat
03-30-2006, 23:41
Goofball, I think what he meant was to hit CTRL ALT DEL while R:TW is running, then right click on Rome and you'll see in the menu an option to 'set priority.' Set it to high, and the game will run a bit smoother. I know that's what alot of folks who played EB had to do to get the game to run decently.

PseRamesses
03-31-2006, 12:31
Goofball, I think what he meant was to hit CTRL ALT DEL while R:TW is running, then right click on Rome and you'll see in the menu an option to 'set priority.' Set it to high, and the game will run a bit smoother. I know that's what alot of folks who played EB had to do to get the game to run decently.
Thx, man. Sorry, Goofball for not being more clear.