PDA

View Full Version : RTR bug?

Avicenna
03-27-2006, 08:28
I was playing the RTR 6 gold Roman campaign and I fought a massive battle with the Macedonians with three family members on my side. I didn't get any heroic death thing on the battlefield, and the character card of one dead member was still coloured (normally when dead it turns black and white?). Anyway, when I exit the battle (heroic victory) I find out that one member is dead. When I checked the family tree it said he died peacefully. He was a bribed rebel general, by the way.

Same happens to my ERE characters in the BI campaign. I send them to their deaths and it says they all died peacefully.. In RTR the heroic death thing works properly, apart from this strange anomaly. Any ideas as to what happened?

Catiline
03-27-2006, 08:41
ooops, moved to wrong place...

stabularasa
03-27-2006, 12:42
I was playing the RTR 6 gold Roman campaign and I fought a massive battle with the Macedonians with three family members on my side. I didn't get any heroic death thing on the battlefield, and the character card of one dead member was still coloured (normally when dead it turns black and white?). Anyway, when I exit the battle (heroic victory) I find out that one member is dead. When I checked the family tree it said he died peacefully. He was a bribed rebel general, by the way.

Same happens to my ERE characters in the BI campaign. I send them to their deaths and it says they all died peacefully.. In RTR the heroic death thing works properly, apart from this strange anomaly. Any ideas as to what happened?

I downloaded and started up the RTR 6 Gold mod last week. It's the most fun I've had playing Rome all year. Brilliant.

Anyway, your question:

RTR6Gold is loaded on top of RTW 1.2. If you have two generals in a battle, one will be the commanding general and the other will be a normal unit.

In RTW 1.2 the hardcoded feature of your secondary general being greyed out immediately if he dies in battle was not added yet, so you still have to pause the battle and find the secondary general if you want to see if he's still around.

There are many other features that I miss from RTW1.6 while playing RTR. We'll just have to sit around and patiently wait for RTR 7.

As for your secondary generals dying in battle and being recorded as "died peacefully", that's a bug that has been there forever.

Teleklos Archelaou
03-27-2006, 17:38
Yeah, as stab said, it's a vanilla problem. Only the leader of the group can get a 'died in battle' notice - all others who die during it get the 'died peacefully' note.

Malrubius
03-28-2006, 12:37
For the same reasons, only the commanding generals get traits from fighting in battles. The other generals in the stack may make good heavy cav and can gain chevrons of experience, but they won't get any command stars or other traits from fighting.