PDA

View Full Version : Not Our Beer!

Vladimir
03-28-2006, 15:31
When reading this I thought of those who didn't think Muslim terrorists would sell drugs to finance their operations because it was "against their religion." Not only did these particular nutjobs want to posion the beer but also hamburgers at soccer (football) games. I think the hooligans have a new outlet for their rage.

http://intelligence-summit.blogspot.com/2006/03/al-qaeda-tested-poison-beer-burger.html

English assassin
03-28-2006, 16:52
These people obviously don't know very much about life in Britain since

(1) Burgers sold on street stalls are already toxic. Actually poisoning them would probably kill the germs and make the burger healthier

(2) no beer has been sold in football matches for about 20 years.

master of the puppets
03-28-2006, 17:03
(2) no beer has been sold in football matches for about 20 years.
~:mecry:

seriously though i doubt you can really just label them idiots who will be easily thwarted, they will be back later and possibly wiser once this scheme goes bottom up. (note; could not read link as i'm in school and they blocked it:shrug:)

English assassin
03-28-2006, 18:15
Oh, no, don't get me wrong, they are idiots but that doesn't make them harmless. After all the nazis were mostly idiots and look at the trouble they caused.

Tribesman
03-28-2006, 18:43
Lets see how this one turns out .
Last year it was crazy terrorists who were going to poison everyones door handles , that turned out to be a complete load of bollox didn't it .

Taffy_is_a_Taff
03-28-2006, 18:58
Last year it was crazy terrorists who were going to poison everyones door handles , that turned out to be a complete load of bollox didn't it .

I don't know, how are your hands?

GoreBag
03-28-2006, 20:59
Here in America, they sell beer at most Football games.

Debatable.

Moros
03-28-2006, 22:19
Here in America, they sell beer at most Football games. Poor Europeans, Soccer and no Beer. :2thumbsup:
soccer and no beer?
silly English. Thank god I live in te number one beer country!

To alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
-Homer

Al Khalifah
03-28-2006, 23:40
There's a very good reason why English people are not supposed to drink at football matches - because it often turns them into uncontrollable maniacs who riot and cause trouble.

Of course, the Argentines, Brazilians, Italians, Turks.... do not need alcohol to cause trouble at football matches and they frequently do riot and cause trouble and damage - but they're not England so it doesn't count (See 'England is the cause of all the World's problems and must be forever blamed for all trouble in the past and have all current trouble brought to the fore even if minor compared to that of other nations' - the PC Brigade, FIFA, UEFA et al)

Slyspy
03-29-2006, 01:11
Its true. So what our brave boys do is get tanked up before the game and try and smuggle cans into the stadium. Although the real nasties are banned anyway, so they carry on drinking in the pub and try and scrag a few away fans as they make their way to the train station. Lovely people!

I do think that the bad reputation of English fans abroad are rather exaggerated though.

Krypta
03-29-2006, 02:24
Debatable.

HEH.

Louis VI the Fat
03-29-2006, 03:48
I do think that the bad reputation of English fans abroad are rather exaggerated though. Debatable.

Ironside
03-29-2006, 09:13
There's a very good reason why English people are not supposed to drink at football matches - because it often turns them into uncontrollable maniacs who riot and cause trouble.

Of course, the Argentines, Brazilians, Italians, Turks.... do not need alcohol to cause trouble at football matches and they frequently do riot and cause trouble and damage - but they're not England so it doesn't count

And that defends the British how?

I mean since when is an actuall riot a good thing? :inquisitive:

Jubilation T Cornpone
03-29-2006, 13:35

I mean since when is an actuall riot a good thing? :inquisitive:

Hmmm, good question. Might be better directing that one at the French!

Incongruous
03-31-2006, 08:38
Oh yeah us Brits are the worst, Satans spawn can't outmatch us. Wonder when Fifa are going to force that into the Bible?:dizzy2:

Al Khalifah
03-31-2006, 09:21

I mean since when is an actuall riot a good thing?
It's not so much a defence, just a statement that generally, English fans whether at home or abroad are subjected to much harsher retaliation than others - based purely on a past perception that is now largely outdated.

In Rome, Middlesbrough fans were attacked by a notorious (as in not a one off) group of known (as in the police know who these people are) bunch of hooligans called the Ultras wielding weapons - including an axe. There were several hospitalisations but fortunately not fatalities. UEFA did not so much as bat an eyelid, as if this incident had not occured. Can you imagine the fallout if this had been English fans?

Point in fact, last night, ONE Middlesbrough fan was causing trouble - so the Swiss police decided to surround the enclosure with riot police wielding firearms. This of course, in spite of the fact that several of the Basel fans were throwing flares into the Middlesbrough section of the crowd.

England are paying for a past legacy when it comes to football fans, in the same way that English people seem to be expected to be forever apologetic for being the greatest empire the world has ever known. The world needs to cut England some slack and learn to forgive in the same way we have forgiven Germany and Japan.

Louis VI the Fat
03-31-2006, 12:21
Me thinks the bad rep of English football hooligans is neither unjustified nor exageratted.

But, just like when speaking about ethnic minorities or crime rates, one always regrets not having added the usual disclaimer: the behaviour of a few tens of thousands of course doesn't discredit millions of English footy fans, let alone discredit a nation of sixty million.

Even more importantly: English hooliganism does get singled out unfairly. When compared objectively to other European countries, they only averagely misbehave. The Spanish crowds are notorious for their racism, the Italians for their fascist tendencies, the Turks for their aggresiveness. The Germans and Dutch for taking the violence outside of the stadiums, by their making appointments between groups of fans to just battle each other on neutral ground.

Kralizec
03-31-2006, 12:22
Meh, our hooligans will own those German pansies anyday ~;)

Scurvy
03-31-2006, 12:51
at least the bad press about our hooligans covers up the bad press about our football team :2thumbsup:

Fragony
03-31-2006, 13:32
Here in America, they sell beer at most Football games. Poor Europeans, Soccer and no Beer. :2thumbsup:

Europeans + soccer + beer is a very dangerous combination, and after reading this I understand that europeans + beer + muslims is even worse. Let's tackle this problem at it's roots, let's ban beer, Ich bin Laden.

Vladimir
03-31-2006, 14:06
Europeans + soccer + beer is a very dangerous combination, and after reading this I understand that europeans + beer + muslims is even worse. Let's tackle this problem at it's roots, let's ban beer, Ich bin Laden.

Why do you hate (beer) freedom?

GoreBag
04-01-2006, 08:39
Ich bin Laden.

Please tell me this is a popular expression.

Moros
04-01-2006, 14:10

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
:fainting: