PDA

View Full Version : money cheat

solypsist
11-08-2000, 13:38
so here's my results on campaign play and the use of the moneu cheat:

1. play Normal setting game, use money cheat. I build up really fast, big armies etc. Opposition also builds quickly, large armies, too (average battle size is 5000-11,000 troops). Using spies, I see that the enemy daimyos have Legendary Farmland and Fortresses in most provinces.
2. play Normal setting, don't use money cheat. I build very slowly, often going broke for months at a time. Using spies, I notice enemy is slow to build also; many provinces don't even have land improvements. Enemy army sizes are much lower, mostly Ashigaru and Archers, average battle size is 500-1100 men. No evidence of defecit spending (playing v1.12).
3. So it is my theory that is you use the money cheat, it sets the budgets of EVERYONE accordingly, ratehr than the assumed result of adjusting just your coffers.

Magraev
11-08-2000, 14:39
I don't think so. I've played several campaigns with and without that particular cheat and the ai develops about the same methinks.

The Black Ship
11-08-2000, 18:19
Well, since I only use the money cheat if I'm gatting "horded" I can't say for sure if you're right. Doesn't seem right though, cuz once I cheat I can catch up to the AI in about 10-12 seasons.

Lone
11-10-2000, 12:32
I have no problems with the money cheat. The computer do not have as much advancements as me. Maybe you are building too slowly ?

Since we are on the topic of cheats, any of you able to get the unlimited army life cheat working ?

The Black Ship
11-10-2000, 14:14
Believe thats just for the demo game (prototype army cheat that is) http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif