PDA

View Full Version : baktria

Avicenna
04-01-2006, 10:16
Maybe this has been said before but I can't bother to read the whole forum sorry.

I've just played Baktria, and 2/3 members have Roman portraits. The recruitment/conscription buildings have overlapping text, and everything said in battle is originally for the RTW romans eg. "Roman has conquered." Also, the music goes funny before the loading screen appears. This is only before battles, not after.

Simmons
04-01-2006, 11:15
Maybe this has been said before but I can't bother to read the whole forum sorry.

I've just played Baktria, and 2/3 members have Roman portraits. The recruitment/conscription buildings have overlapping text, and everything said in battle is originally for the RTW romans eg. "Roman has conquered." Also, the music goes funny before the loading screen appears. This is only before battles, not after.
I don't know anything about your music issue's but most of the rest is due to the culture swap from memory Baktria is actually using the Brutii faction slot the Seleukids use the Julii faction slot and Armenia use the Scipii faction slot at the same time the Romani use the seleucid faction slot and have greek portraits and greek speeches.

As for the text issues nothing can really be done about it there is a thread about it somewhere.

Oh and a simple search along the lines of "greek portraits" would take all of 30 seconds at best next time its a hangin

:hanged:

:wink2:

O'ETAIPOS
04-01-2006, 17:35
All this portrait, speaches etc problems will be gone in new version.

Overlapping thext in recruitment scroll is consequence of many buildings needed to build a unit and I do not think it could be repaired.

Avicenna
04-02-2006, 04:27
So would this mean that Pahlava is SPQR slot? Because I share a map with them as well for some strange reason.

pezhetairoi
04-02-2006, 06:58
no, at the start of the game you, seleukeia, hayasdan and pahlav share the same map info. This is because originally all of you were vassal states of the Seleukids, if I'm not wrong.

Simmons
04-02-2006, 11:09
no, at the start of the game you, seleukeia, hayasdan and pahlav share the same map info. This is because originally all of you were vassal states of the Seleukids, if I'm not wrong.
Pahlav uses the original parthia slot the Seleukids share map info with hayasdan and Baktria those 3 use the Roman slots

Avicenna
04-02-2006, 17:21
Oh and why are there different rebel icons for the Seleukids+vassals and the rest? The Seleukids+vassals can see the original rebel trident.

Also, why are there 2 rebel options for diplomacy, one trident and one purple eagle?

My Armenians seem to get lots of spear carriers as well. I gave the faction leader's to my heir (the general) and he immediately got another the next turn. I married off my daughter to someone, and the moment I click his information scroll I get a new message: surprise surprise, a spear carrier! Needless to say, I have a very experienced guard for my heir after only 4 battles, with the spear carrier, heroic savior and sword bearer (which I got within the first year!)

Teleklos Archelaou
04-02-2006, 19:00
The different icons are showing up for different factions (if you play as different ones) because we have some new user interfaces. But they aren't all new yet. They will eventually all be changed from the old trident one (the eleutheroi icon) to the new one.

Elthore
04-03-2006, 00:46
I believe your music problem is related to the high priority shortcut. If you're playing music outside of RTW that is.
You can edit the link and remove the high priority suffix