PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question(It's in the title!)

aleh
04-05-2006, 12:52
Alright, sorry about this guys. But I seem to have no, and I mean no luck whatsoever installing EB.

Anyway, I've installed the game.
I've dowloaded the 1.2 patch.I've downloaded the EB(full game).

From here on out, I've no idea what to do, so if anyone can give me specific instructions I'd greatly appreciate it.

the_handsome_viking
04-05-2006, 14:05
You should try the technical help subforum.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=127

The_White_Knight
04-05-2006, 15:55
Alright, sorry about this guys. But I seem to have no, and I mean no luck whatsoever installing EB.

Anyway, I've installed the game.
I've dowloaded the 1.2 patch.I've downloaded the EB(full game).

From here on out, I've no idea what to do, so if anyone can give me specific instructions I'd greatly appreciate it.

I think EB comes with an .exe, so simply clicking the icon will install EB onto your game.

Lord Winter
04-05-2006, 16:11
1. open my computer
2. go to local disk C:
3:go to program files
4: click on activision
5:click on Rome Total War
6: double click the icon named 1.2 patch (or something like that)
7. Install 1.2 by follow derections which will show up when you click the 1.2 icon
8.click on the EB icon
9. Follow instructions that show up
10.Install EB patches (use same method as in 8,9)
11. Play

aleh
04-06-2006, 09:17
Thanks a lot. The problem was apparently with the patch file I was trying to use. The one I got from the EB website doesn't work, at least not for me, so I got one from Activision's website, and it works. And yes, EB works fine now. So thanks a lot for all the help. But I've got another question.

EB's ridiculously slow on my computer, and I don't think it should be, since earlier in the day I've played RTW(regular game) and it was working quite fine, campaign map and battles and all. But now, EB's slow. The one with the campaign map is almost ridiculous. During the turn, it's pretty ok. But when I click the End Turn button it takes. And I'm not kidding, literally 15-20 mins at least for the end turn sequence to end and for the next turn to start. Don't wanna seem whiny, but if you could help me with this as well, I'd really appreciate it.

Oh, and there were no other 'huge' programs running. Thanks ina dvance.

Baldrick
04-06-2006, 10:22
If you've installed V .74 you should have the option to install a shortcut which will run the app in a higher priority, this just tells your PC to stick it at the top of the list of things to do.

the shortcut goes along the lines :

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\cmd.exe /C "start /ABOVENORMAL RomeTW.exe %1 %2 %3 %4 %5" -nm -show_err

Foot
04-06-2006, 11:59
EB's ridiculously slow on my computer, and I don't think it should be, since earlier in the day I've played RTW(regular game) and it was working quite fine, campaign map and battles and all. But now, EB's slow. The one with the campaign map is almost ridiculous. During the turn, it's pretty ok. But when I click the End Turn button it takes. And I'm not kidding, literally 15-20 mins at least for the end turn sequence to end and for the next turn to start. Don't wanna seem whiny, but if you could help me with this as well, I'd really appreciate it.

Oh, and there were no other 'huge' programs running. Thanks ina dvance.

I also had a very slow turn sequence, but I could not figure out what the hell it was. My CPU, 2.16GHz, seemed capable enough so I thought it might have been the RAM so I upgraded from 512mb to 1024mb, but that seemed to do absolutely nothing! I gave up and played M&B instead. However, for reasons other than EB, shortly after I decided to upgrade my GFX from the literally ageing 5200 to the middle-weight 6600 256mb. I hadn't expected any difference when playing EB, but when I started a campaign the turns now finished in 30secs rather than 6mins.

I would say that the problem for you is graphics. Try turning the campaign map down to a lower resolution. If there is a difference in speed then you'll need to upgrade your GFX.

Foot