PDA

View Full Version : The Offical "Meanest thing anyone has ever done to you thread"

Ice
04-08-2006, 00:18
Well, I just found out a very good friend has been lieing to my face for a while. I suspected this, and even begged them to tell me the truth. They swore to God they weren't lying. Now I find out they are. I mean what the hell.

Any interesting stories to share?

Strike For The South
04-08-2006, 00:20
stabbed

Ice
04-08-2006, 01:01
stabbed

Are you joking or being serious?

Kraxis
04-08-2006, 01:48
Had a girl keep me at that horrible distance of just short of a relationship, yet not far enough away to let me have closure for a lengthy while. That's torture!

Pretty small stuff, I know.

SwordsMaster
04-08-2006, 01:54
Well, I just found out a very good friend has been lieing to my face for a while. I suspected this, and even begged them to tell me the truth. They swore to God they weren't lying. Now I find out they are. I mean what the hell.

Any interesting stories to share?

A lesson to be learned: Everybody lies.

Had a girl keep me at that horrible distance of just short of a relationship, yet not far enough away to let me have closure for a lengthy while. That's torture!

Yeah. Been there. Pretty bad. I needed a week of fever and 4 days of solid alcoholism to get over it. Only one of them was intentional. What was your cure?

Meanest thing... One of my best friends' gf flirting with me. Seriously. And they've been together for a long time, and he is a really good friend, and I couldn't do that to him. On the other hand she is hot and I get drunk with my friends. So I'm glad there are 4000 miles between my mate and his gf and my handsome body.

Strike For The South
04-08-2006, 02:16
Are you joking or being serious?

Shaka_Khan
04-08-2006, 02:50
Ouch. I thought I went through worst times until I read what SFTS said. I guess people will always be hurt over the worse things in their life even if it's not much of a big deal. I know someone who went to her mom and said, "my husband farted! He is weird." She never met anyone who did any more worse before that. :tomato2:

Kraxis
04-08-2006, 02:55
Yeah. Been there. Pretty bad. I needed a week of fever and 4 days of solid alcoholism to get over it. Only one of them was intentional. What was your cure?
Well, I was so lucky that I was going to be an exchangestudent for a year. That gave me the distance I needed, and fortunately enough girls to distract me, and eventually letting me get feelings for another girl.

If that hadn't happened I would likely have been held at that point for another year or so (I still felt a whole lot for her when I got back home, but at least I wouldn't have to spend every day with her anymore)...

Divinus Arma
04-08-2006, 05:53
I would argue that there are many people here who will not answer this thread because of the emotional damage that may have been caused. Many times, the "meanest thing" ever done to us are perpetrated by our own families. I have my own share of personal tragedy and have no intent on sharing it with others.

It's a good concept for a thread, but it fails to recognize the pain that may be caused by that situation. Would you expect the victim of domestic violence or rape to post her tragedy herein? How about the situation of one of our greatest Org members who's brother was murdered not too long ago? He sought us for support, but should that event be listed in this thread of tragedy? Clearly, that event was certainly the "meanest thing" that was ever done to him; a stolen life of a loved one.

Good intentions, very bad implications. I'm not trying to be a downer just for the sake of it, and I hope you understand.

Ice
04-08-2006, 06:01
I would argue that there are many people here who will not answer this thread because of the emotional damage that may have been caused. Many times, the "meanest thing" ever done to us are perpetrated by our own families. I have my own share of personal tragedy and have no intent on sharing it with others.

It's a good concept for a thread, but it fails to recognize the pain that may be caused by that situation. Would you expect the victim of domestic violence or rape to post her tragedy herein? How about the situation of one of our greatest Org members who's brother was murdered not too long ago? He sought us for support, but should that event be listed in this thread of tragedy? Clearly, that event was certainly the "meanest thing" that was ever done to him; a stolen life of a loved one.

Good intentions, very bad implications. I'm not trying to be a downer just for the sake of it, and I hope you understand.

Yeah, your right. I was just angry at the moment.

Divinus Arma
04-08-2006, 06:05
Yeah, your right. I was just angry at the moment.

Maybe you could ask a moderator to merge this with the Pity Party thread if you so choose. :bow: Seems like it would fit in well there.

Faust|
04-08-2006, 06:29
Hm, stalking me for 9 months, across two cities, perhaps?

Ice
04-08-2006, 07:28
Hmm, no longer pissed anymore. Kinda cool though. I found out my friend wasn't lying and while doing this I stumbled onto huge conspiracy in the works. This is nuts!

Mods Please Close this thread, it was opened out of anger, anger which I do not have anymore.