PDA

View Full Version : Named Legions

DimeBagHo
04-10-2006, 17:23
I am in the process of adding named legions to XGM, but I was also contemplating the possibility of using the mechanism to have named Sacred Bands for the Greek Cities. In game the names show up as [Legio] [number] [name], but I can't find anywhere in the text files to change the [Legio] part (or the number for that matter).

Does anyone know how to change this, or is it hard-coded?

Lusted
04-10-2006, 17:27
There was some work done on this before, and no one could find it referenced anywhere, it does appear to be hardcoded.

DimeBagHo
04-10-2006, 20:18
Thanks Lusted. I couldn't find it anywhere. Not even in the executable.

LestaT
05-11-2006, 11:40
Thanks Lusted. I couldn't find it anywhere. Not even in the executable.

I have this form of Name Legion since RTW 1.2 and now for RTW 1.5. Not sure if this is what you're looking for , but who knows. The link to the thread is here (http://forums.rometotalrealism.org/index.php?showtopic=19744) at the RTR forum.

cunctator
05-11-2006, 14:10
Are you using CAs system that came with BI or do you have simply one unit for each region specific legion name?

Stuie
05-11-2006, 14:43
Are you using CAs system that came with BI or do you have simply one unit for each region specific legion name?

LestaT is using unique units in each region - not the CA/BI stuff.

LestaT
05-14-2006, 02:43
LestaT is using unique units in each region - not the CA/BI stuff.

Yes. It's more like the AOR system which RTR mod uses. Since I haven't finish re-doing my previous mod to work with RTW 1.5 I am not really sure how it will go with the numbering legion sytem as in the new feature of RTW 1.5 or BI 1.6

Hope it didn't cause too much problem. :laugh4: