PDA

View Full Version : heraldry and titles

Cousin Zoidfarb
04-10-2006, 21:58
i think it would give the game a lot of depth if giving a general a title also gives him a pennant with the coat of arms of the title. Example giving a general the title of king of Bohemia will give him a red pennant with a white lion, ie the coat of arms of bohemia. this will also make the rebels more interesting since they won't be just gray. also it will identify who is whom and where on the field.

Servius
04-11-2006, 00:11
CA's graphics engine seems up to it. If MTW2 uses MTW's title-granting system (which I hope and pray it does) then the player could grant the governorship to a unit, bestowing Loyalty, command starts, etc. to the unit's leader. The game could paste the coat of arms on all the men of that unit, though the unit's flag should still be that of their nation probably, to help maintain order on the battlefield.

How could would it be for a unit of Royal Knights all decked out in the heraldry of their provincial lord? I think that would be quite cool.

spmetla
04-11-2006, 08:41
I'd love to lavish titles on my noblemen and women. It'd be interesting if the loyalty bonus also lowered with distance from the soveriegn.

For example, I'm the HRE I give so and so the title of duke of Saxony but make it more proportional to the loyalty bonus the title gave so it reflects on the power that position gives. Then if I were to send a diplomat to remove him from office he might decide to reject it maintain his title and rebel. When I'm farther south campaigning in Italy he'll act more indepedent and be less loyal but if I head up to Saxony (assuming no civil war broke out) then his loyalty would return to normal but whoever I have in my italian cities would then start becoming more disloyal.
Would help keep some empires from expanding too quickly. And I realize this exists to an extant in MTW and RTW already but would like it expanded upon. I'd rather there be a cause to revolts then just lots of them that don't make sense.

lar
04-11-2006, 10:30
there should always have to be someomone sitting on the throne at home or something similar. so if you decide to personally as the king go campaigning you have to choose a prince or perhaps a general to act in his stead.

Trajanus
04-11-2006, 13:10
This would inhibit expansion largely if you needed a Prince to cover the throne if your King went on an expedition. And has been in no other TW so I don't think they will put this in.

Also with an original starting setup of 225 turns, not having a son for a while would stop your conquest of the map.

Divinus Arma
04-12-2006, 02:56
The original idea is very good. I don't see why not. CA plans on making armor improvements viewable on the battle map. There should be no reason that title cannot be viewed in the same category.

DukeofSerbia
04-13-2006, 19:20
The original idea is very good. I don't see why not. CA plans on making armor improvements viewable on the battle map. There should be no reason that title cannot be viewed in the same category.

But how much strong graphic cards we will need if that would implement? Not to mention RAM...

Taurus
04-17-2006, 11:13
I'd love for there to be a title system such as this, it would add much more depth to the game, especially if you where the one who decides which of your generals receives these titles etc.

lar
04-17-2006, 12:14
and the ability to force select a general of a stack, so you could choose a lower command but higher loyalty general but this may cause loyalty drop in generals who were originally above him.

ShadesWolf
05-06-2006, 18:15
Interesting idea.

Lets assume 100 provinces, this would give us 100 unique coat of arms.
any army raised in that province could have the nations flag as well as his lords flag.

That would be a very nice touch.

I expect it would be very complicated to program :book:

Orda Khan
05-06-2006, 22:25
I just want my Mongols to have a proper Tuq standard

.....Orda

BHCWarman88
05-07-2006, 02:11
Extacly what I would like to see in a TW game,more in-depth style of the Title System..

Zalmoxis
05-07-2006, 05:55
I want to see depth in generals, I like that in RTW, but it has to be more, a lot more! And that's why this should be added.

Joshwa
05-07-2006, 14:26
I like the coat of arms idea! The way I see it, the arms would appear on the flag and shield of the guy with the title, kinda half and half with the country flag. Could incorporate it so that armies led by the lord ALL had the coat of arms, apart from other lords

x-dANGEr
05-08-2006, 15:39
Very interesting idea. Sure, it will add a lot of depth to the game, but is it worth the the dozens of hours it needs to be implemented?