PDA

View Full Version : need some help in RTW

julli
04-15-2006, 08:50
hi guys. i'm javier from singapore. i recently started to play RTW. 1) i read that u guys can should other factions. like gauls n other stuff. but during my game selection, i could only choose roman faction. y is that so??? 2) i started using julli this faction, i'm having trouble fight the Gauls. their army like swordman n calvary r quite strong. even my legions r no match. my legion's spear can't spear d swordman's armour. its quite frustrating. 3) y do my think's public order decrease so easily??? i've build most of the building. 4) how to destroy gauls building when u've ocupy their settlement???? 4) i can't go to other places coz need some permission, if i conquer the whole roman empire n become the senetor, do i still need to get permission??? thanks alot

Darren_Shan
04-15-2006, 09:18
u can only paly other factions once u won with a roman faction

btw.. u like the game?

Taurus
04-15-2006, 13:54
Hello julli, first off welcome to the .org :bow:

1) i read that u guys can should other factions. like gauls n other stuff. but during my game selection, i could only choose roman faction. y is that so???

To unlock the other playable factions in the game you need to first complete the campaign with any of the Roman factions.
However, you can change a file in the RTW folder to unlock all of the factions from the start, even the meant to be unplayable ones. To do this simply:
1. Go to you C:/Program Files/Activision/Rome Total War/Data/World/Maps/Campaign/Imperial Campaign (default path) and then open the descr_strat file in notepad or any other text editor program.
2. Upon opening this file it should look like this...

; Custom campaign script generated by Romans Campaign Map Editor

campaign imperial_campaign
playable
romans_julii
romans_brutii
romans_scipii
end
unlockable
egypt
seleucid
carthage
parthia
gauls
germans
britons
greek_cities
end
nonplayable
romans_senate
macedon
pontus
armenia
dacia
numidia
scythia
spain
thrace
slave
end

You should now change it to this...

; Custom campaign script generated by Romans Campaign Map Editor

campaign imperial_campaign
playable
romans_julii
romans_brutii
romans_scipii
egypt
seleucid
carthage
parthia
gauls
germans
britons
greek_cities
romans_senate
macedon
pontus
armenia
dacia
numidia
scythia
spain
thrace
end
unlockable

end
nonplayable

slave
end

...and your done. Just start up RTW and your away. :knight:

Unfortunatly I can't help you with your other problems regarding the actual campaign because it's been so long since I have played the campaign that my helpful information would be rendered virtually useless by the more experienced campaigners of the .org

Hope this helped,
- Toro ~:cheers:

Telys
04-15-2006, 21:57
2) i started using julli this faction, i'm having trouble fight the Gauls. their army like swordman n calvary r quite strong. even my legions r no match. my legion's spear can't spear d swordman's armour. its quite frustrating. 3) y do my think's public order decrease so easily??? i've build most of the building. 4) how to destroy gauls building when u've ocupy their settlement???? 4) i can't go to other places coz need some permission, if i conquer the whole roman empire n become the senetor, do i still need to get permission??? thanks alot
Since your first questioned was answered I'll try and answer your other questions as best as I possibly can. 2) I usually go for the hammer and anvil tactic on stronger infantry, occupy your enemies infantry while you bring your calvary behind the enemy line and charge straight into their backs. You may also want to refer to one the battle guides in the forum. 3) Your public order problem could for a number of reasons, if you're not exterminating large populations of newly conquered settlement they are more likely to revolt, if the governor is horrible public order will decrease, some settlements require a large garrison to maintain order while others do not and in some cases when you take a settlement from an enemy the population prefer a smaller garrison. 4) when you select a settlement the building tabs will appear on the bottom of the screen, right click on the building you want to destroy, a building scroll will pop up and in the lower left hand of the scroll there will be two circles choose the one that says destroy when you put your cursor over it. Certain buildings can not be destroyed ie farms, walls, roads, and possibly a few more. 4) Im guessing should be 5) When the senate is gone you can go anywhere you please with no consequences other than the response of the faction to whoms land you are tresspassing on.

Napoleon Blownapart
04-17-2006, 02:09
Also, there's a little .exe file that adds the stuff to your descr_strat file if you don't feel comfortable editing it yourself.

http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=672