PDA

View Full Version : What can you tell me about "Ranch Rescue"

scooter_the_shooter
04-18-2006, 13:06
What can you tell me about "Ranch Rescue". From what I hear they are like the minute men but more hard core IE they go after the illegals instead of just report them? They sound like a good thing to me, but I do not know much about them any info would be appreciated. I heard a bunch rumors about them (snatching illegals and beating them):embarassed: which doesn't sound very good. I want to know if they are true or not.

And after we get some info about them let's debate wether they are a good thing or not.

sorry for the grammar

Ser Clegane
04-18-2006, 13:24
Judging by their website (at least by the first quick looks at it) they are a real "charming" bunch of people.

E.g., on their news site an article about the killing of a drug smuggler - of unknown(!) nationality -is commented with:
"Border agent sends criminal alien mexican drug smuggler to well-deserved Eternal Celestial Dirt Nap"

One of the first "quotes" on their "People" page:

They started the war when they started shooting at us
Unfortunately there is not context given for that particular quote (which might actually make it appear less militant), however, the fact that this statement is chosen for this page already gives a nice hint about the attitude of "Ranch Rescue".

When I see terms like "Operation Maverick Dragon" I also get the strange feeling that the hunt for illegal aliens becomes an end in itself for some of these people.

Personally I thinks it's quite sad if the situation in the border area became serious enough that a bunch of people apparently felt that is was necessary to form a militia like "Ranch Rescue" :no:

Redleg
04-18-2006, 13:39
Well here is their Web site

http://www.ranchrescue.com/

Seems to be a militia group.

Major Robert Dump
04-18-2006, 13:40
I thought it was about keeping salad dressing made from scratch.

Redleg
04-18-2006, 13:42
Personally I thinks it's quite sad if the situation in the border area became serious enough that a bunch of people apparently felt that is was necessary to form a militia like "Ranch Rescue" :no:

True indeed - the corruption along the border is terrible. (On both sides of the border, not just the Mexican side)

The governments of both nations have failed to probably handle the issues of the border.

scooter_the_shooter
04-18-2006, 17:55
Well do you guys think they are a good thing or bad?

If they start gunning down a family trying to cross the border, or beating people to death. They need shut down!

But if they want to take a few pot shots at drug dealers and MS13 members crossing the border go ahead.

Does any one agree with me on this?

Ser Clegane
04-18-2006, 17:59
But if they want to take a few pot shots at drug dealers

Disclaimer: The following reply assumes the literal meaning of "pot shot"

I would have a serious problem with a group of people taking "pot shots" at what they might assume to be drug dealers.
Their website suggests that these guys are rather gung-ho and I wouldn't entrust them with the decision about who might be a "criminal alien Mexican drug smuggler" (and I'd like to point out again that they apparently made up the fact that he was Mexican) and who might be a rather harmless illegal alien.

So, my first reaction would be that this particular militia is a bad idea ... which does not change the fact that there is a problem in the South of your country.

Vladimir
04-18-2006, 18:07

If they start gunning down a family trying to cross the border, or beating people to death. They need shut down!

But if they want to take a few pot shots at drug dealers and MS13 members crossing the border go ahead.

The problem is distinguishing between the two.

BigTex
04-18-2006, 18:09

Seems they help ranchers retake their land from drug trafficers. I think that kind of service is a good thing. Private security is always a dicey subject though. It has become a neccesary evil though with the state of our border with mexico, that we need armed men to stop the trafficers. Quite a few ranchers have been killed in cold blood from these drug trafficers, a few died trying to defend their land. I do believe if they kill a family they should be put on trial though, they should be held to the same laws we obey. Granted in Texas that might mean they were in the right though.

Interesting debate this could turn out to be.

Crazed Rabbit
04-18-2006, 18:10
I think one needs to understand the gravity of the situation, due to Bush's Admin. doing nothing and Fox's helping illegals, that people have been kidnapped by Mexicans, houses burglarized, well armed drug runners going about freely, etc. I have not really heard of them. I hope they are not beating families, but I wouldn't mind dead drug runners.

Crazed Rabbit

Kralizec
04-18-2006, 18:25
They're vigilantes, and while I can't approve of that, I understand their sentiments. If the government (not specificly the Bush administrations, but also those before that, and the Texas governor) refuses to handle what is becoming a ticking time bomb, it's inevitable that people will take the law into their own hands. Hopefully this will shake some politicians out of their complacent lazyness.

Crazed Rabbit
04-18-2006, 19:27
One of the first "quotes" on their "People" page:

Unfortunately there is not context given for that particular quote (which might actually make it appear less militant), however, the fact that this statement is chosen for this page already gives a nice hint about the attitude of "Ranch Rescue".

Here's the story with the quote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/11/20/wmex20.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/11/20/ixworld.html

Not every day passes without confrontation, however. He recounted several gunfights with the "coyotes", including one occasion when he and his business partner came under fire at dusk as they barbecued steaks.

"They started the war when they started shooting at us. One time, my partner definitely hit one of them. The guy got away, but I doubt he got far. His friends won't have taken him to hospital. They probably just left him out there somewhere," said Mr McCaslin, gesturing to the inhospitable terrain where rattlesnakes and tarantulas add to the dangers.

Crazed Rabbit

Ser Clegane
04-18-2006, 19:34
Here's the story with the quote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/11/20/wmex20.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/11/20/ixworld.html
Crazed Rabbit

Thanks for providing the context, CR - apparently the use of the quote as an eye-catcher for the website rather sheds a light on whoever designed the site that on the guy who actually made the statement.

Strike For The South
04-19-2006, 00:08
mmmmmmmmmmmm malitia. Nobody else is doing anything. Its sad when it comes to this but the goverment couldve stopped it and they didnt. Now they reap there "toeing the line"

Tribesman
04-19-2006, 00:58
Isn't it funny that one of the founders of Ranch Rescue had to give his ranch to two illegal immigrants after his conviction arising from his vigilante activities .:laugh4:
But then again what was an ex-jailbird who also had convictions for firearms offences doing running round the desert with a gun in the first place .:dizzy2:

Taffy_is_a_Taff
04-19-2006, 01:12
Isn't it funny that one of the founders of Ranch Rescue had to give his ranch to two illegal immigrants after his conviction arising from his vigilante activities .:laugh4:

so I guess it's not surprising that he still isn't impressed by illegal immigrants.

Tribesman
04-19-2006, 01:20
so I guess it's not surprising that he still isn't impressed by illegal immigrants.
He isn't impressed by them damn liberal judges either , they ruled that his transfer of his property to his sister after his conviction was a fraudulent attempt to avoid justice .:laugh4:

ICantSpellDawg
04-19-2006, 12:56
what is the law there? if the law says that you can shoot people who are on your property then it is okay to shoot anyone. I don't know enough about how many are violent, but i'm pretty sure that the law says lethal force is ok regarding people on property of that size in that location of the US (taking into account the threatening atmosphere.

scooter_the_shooter
04-19-2006, 13:16
I think we need to put landmines across the border. And make it well known that they are there, Drug dealers will still cross. But no one is stupid enough to drag their family a across a minefield! So they will probably stay in good ol' mehico'