PDA

View Full Version : Revolution!!! Feminism-style

Kraxis
04-21-2006, 03:46
To all sane people... begin digging your trenches.:dizzy2:

http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/e-sermons/scum.html

And just to prove this isn't some elaborate joke.

http://www.womynkind.org/scum.htm

It is far too much to read in its entirety, but to put it short: The man is an evolutionary dead end, and the best thing for him is to not exist.

Strike For The South
04-21-2006, 03:52
she needs some lovin

Byzantine Prince
04-21-2006, 03:55
Wow! Talk about hate. :sweatdrop:

Sasaki Kojiro
04-21-2006, 03:57
Prior to the institution of automation, to the replacement of males by machines, the male should be of use to the female, wait on her, cater to her slightest whim, obey her every command, be totally subservient to her, exist in perfect obedience to her will, ...the male, short of being a drag queen, is least miserable when his dogginess is recognized -- no unrealistic emotional demands are made of him and the completely together female is calling the shots. Rational men want to be squashed, stepped on, crushed and crunched, treated as the curs, the filth that they are, have their repulsiveness confirmed.

:juggle2:

Csargo
04-21-2006, 04:12
Every man, deep down, knows he's a worthless piece of shat

Well thats just what I wanted too hear. That just raises your self-esteem way up there.:laugh4:

I couldnt even finish reading it all cause it was so retarded I cant believe anyone would ever write that.:no:

Crazed Rabbit
04-21-2006, 04:56
I think the term 'femi-nazi' applies very well here.

Crazed Rabbit

KukriKhan
04-21-2006, 05:16
One wonders what the outcome would be if Ms. V. Solanas and Mr. O. binLaden were accidentally trapped in an elevator for an afternoon.

"Oh, the wonderful places you'll go..."

spmetla
04-21-2006, 05:44

Crazed Rabbit

I second the motion for labeling her 'feminazi'. I certainly don't like being dominated by anyone and don't consider myself a piece of shat.

I hope that if for some awful reason Nikola Tesla's predicition that the future will be ruled by female "Queen Bees" that they aren't anything like this woman.

BigTex
04-21-2006, 05:49
Wowa, OMG wow :stupido: . I couldn't even read through 1/3 of that, so much frigin hate, so much disgusting hate. She beats Hitler hands down. She want to kill 3.25 billion people, just becuase she lacks meaningful healthy relationships. Seriously the KKK is kinder then she is.

Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit

Crazed Rabbit

I third that motion and move for a vote of ratification. Now I'm going to go take a shower and try to wash the hate from me.

Rodion Romanovich
04-21-2006, 08:59
It is far too much to read in its entirety, but to put it short: The man is an evolutionary dead end, and the best thing for him is to not exist.

Yeah, that might be the reason why almost every single higher species has both males and females...

That woman has probably been beaten and abused as a child, and if she hasn't, she must have some pretty serious genetical disorders, and should at all costs be prevented from spreading it to another generation. Witch! Witch! Witch! Burn the witch! Muahahaha that's what happens if you try to fight us men! Muahahaha! :skull:

Ser Clegane
04-21-2006, 09:12
I read the first paragraphs (currently no time to read all the drivel) and my favourite statement so far is this one:

He is trapped in a twilight zone halfway between humans and apes, and is far worse off than the apes because, unlike the apes, he is capable of a large array of negative feelings--hate, jealousy, contempt, disgust, guilt, shame, doubt--and moreover he is aware or what he is or isn't.

Obviously this woman is (or better was) completely immune to having such feelings... :inquisitive:

Fragony
04-21-2006, 09:48
She has obviously never read a study about chimps. Or read anything at all save the lesbians daily.

Reversed abortion an option?

spmetla
04-21-2006, 10:19
After having gotten around to finishing the rest of the "sermon" I visited the friendly website of the Church of Euthansia. They're SO helpful. Apparently they just want to eliminate all men BEFORE clearing the earth of the rest of it's population. The sites motto is "save the world kill yourself"

You can tell the leadership is devoted to the cause by they're willingness to help the "church".

5. Do I have to kill myself?

Of course you don't have to kill yourself! If you really want to, though, wait until after you've joined the Church. That way, you automatically become a saint, without any additional paperwork. Don't forget to leave a note thanking and/or blaming the Church, and feel free to will us your estate, if you have one.

R'as al Ghul
04-21-2006, 10:58
She makes a sexually frustrated impression on me. :laugh4:

Seriously, I couldn't help to think that if somebody had posted such a rant here, the answer would've probably been "GAH!, any sources for your gibberish?".

Poor woman.....:no:

P.S: Couldn't read the first link, it's blocked as "violence" at work. :inquisitive:

Duke of Gloucester
04-21-2006, 11:23
To all sane people... begin digging your trenches.

If you click the Biography link on the second page opened by the second link you find that this was written in 1967, so it is about 40 years late to start digging the trenches.

Don Corleone
04-21-2006, 12:40
Call this a blatant attempt to drive my post count up....:laugh4: but I seriously find myself wondering what inspires that level of hate in somebody? I feel really bad for her, because at somepoint, there was a human being in there. Clearly, she has allowed herself to be consumed by blind rage, rancor and hate... but that doesn't just happen to people... There's plenty of lesbians out there that like the company of men. Some, sex aside, prefer it. So it's not the singular matter of her sexual proclivity. What happened to turn a human child into... that? :no:

KukriKhan
04-21-2006, 12:46
Call this a blatant attempt to drive my post count up....:laugh4: but I seriously find myself wondering what inspires that level of hate in somebody? I feel really bad for her, because at somepoint, there was a human being in there. Clearly, she has allowed herself to be consumed by blind rage, rancor and hate... but that doesn't just happen to people... There's plenty of lesbians out there that like the company of men. Some, sex aside, prefer it. So it's not the singular matter of her sexual proclivity. What happened to turn a human child into... that? :no:

Biography
1936- On April 9th, Valerie Jean Solanas is born to Louis and Dorothy Bondo Solanas in Ventor, New Jersey
1940s- Valerie’s parents divorce. She moves with her mother to Washington, D.C.
1949- Valerie’s mother marries Red Moran; shortly after, Valerie is sent away to Catholic school
1951- at age 15 Valerie becomes pregnant by a sailor
1954- Solanas graduates from High School. She goes on to attend the University of Maryland, studying
psychology. She supports herself by working in the psych lab and later through prostitution and
panhandling.
1967- Valerie ends up in Greenwich Village, NYC.
-She writes a play entitled, “Up Your Ass;” she seeks out Andy Warhol to produce it.
-Solanas writes the SCUM Manifesto and sells mimeographed copies on the streets of NYC, this is where
she meets publisher Maurice Giordias of the Olympia Press
1968- Valerie announces that she wants to kill her publisher, Girodias, and an underground newspaper
publisher gives her money to buy a gun
-On June 3rd, Valerie shoots Andy Warhol, and several others in his “Factory”
-June 28th, she is indicted on charges of attempted murder, assault and illegal possession of a gun
1973- Valerie is in and out of psychiatric centers
1988- On April 26th, at the age of 52, Valerie Solanas dies of emphysema and pneumonia in San Francisco

http://www.depts.drew.edu/wmst/corecourses/wmst111/timeline_bios/Vsolanas.htm

a very sad life, spent desperately seeking control of things uncontrollable.

Rodion Romanovich
04-21-2006, 13:05
Now that explains a bit about that woman, but not about the people who are currently the pages linked to above up on the Internet...

Kralizec
04-21-2006, 13:21
Unlike you, I have serious difficulty in believing this is not an elaborate hoax. Look at this page:

http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/snuffit4/abortion.html

They even managed to defile a Dune quote. Heretics ~:pissed:

Then I clicked on the link labeled 'pillar of sodomy' and it took me to some weird page telling me to drink my own urine :inquisitive:

GAH!

Byzantine Prince
04-21-2006, 13:25
She makes a sexually frustrated impression on me. :laugh4:
She was a prostitute most of her life, and she was abused by her father. I don't think she had a good time at any point in her life. It's too bad so many people can relate to what she spues.

I feel guilty about going to that Euthanasia site. It's vile, I don't want it anywhere in my Pc, ugh.

Kraxis
04-21-2006, 13:28
I read the first paragraphs (currently no time to read all the drivel) and my favourite statement so far is this one:

Obviously this woman is (or better was) completely immune to having such feelings... :inquisitive:
She deals with this actually...

It is most tempting to pick off the female "Great Artists", double dealers, etc. along with the men, but that would be impractical, as there would be no one left; all women have a fink streak in them, to a great or lesser degree, but it stems from a lifetime of living among men. Eliminate men and women will shape up. Women are improvable; men are not, although their behavior is. When SCUM gets hot on their asses it'll shape up fast.
Women are just better because they are women.

BigTex
04-21-2006, 13:36
After having a good rest and looking back over the manifesto, I've come to the conclusion that she flunked english in elementary school. Also she's rambling in near circle's, she'll deny something outright in one paragraph and then contradict that statement in a later paragraph. I still can't finish that book of hate, hitler's got nothing on her.

Kraxis I've got to ask, how in the world did you find this wepage. Why after finding the church did you look into it further? Searching for violent feminism egads man.

R'as al Ghul
04-21-2006, 13:38
She was a prostitute most of her life, and she was abused by her father. I don't think she had a good time at any point in her life. It's too bad so many people can relate to what she spues.

My humor tends to be quite cynical sometimes.
Apologies if I offended you. :bow:

Viking
04-21-2006, 13:38
Gah! That`s the most disturbing page I`ve ever seen.

Kagemusha
04-21-2006, 13:43
Thank God that all women are not like that!:eeeek:

Viking
04-21-2006, 13:47
Thank God that all women are not like that!:eeeek:

You wish. :evilgrin:

Kagemusha
04-21-2006, 14:00
You wish. :evilgrin:

Me knows they arent.:sweetheart:

Fragony
04-21-2006, 14:08
She was a prostitute most of her life, and she was abused by her father. I don't think she had a good time at any point in her life.

Awwwww poor baby. Bad youth or not, just lock her up in the madhouse with a jack russel and some peanut butter to keep her busy. She is about to splode.

Viking
04-21-2006, 14:10
Me knows they arent.:sweetheart:

This women aint that bad either....:

The few remaining men can exist out their puny days dropped out on drugs or strutting around in drag or passively watching the high-powered female in action, fulfilling themselves as spectators, vicarious livers* or breeding in the cow pasture with the toadies, or they can go off to the nearest friendly suicide center where they will be quietly, quickly and painlessly gassed to death.

*It will be electronically possible for him to tune in to any specific female he wants to and follow in detail her every movement. The females will kindly, obligingly consent to this, as it won't hurt them in the slightest and it is a marvelously kind and humane way to treat their unfortunate, handicapped fellow beings.

The sick, irrational men, those who attempt to defend themselves against their disgustingness, when they see SCUM barreling down on them, will cling in terror to Big Mama with her Big Bouncy Boobies, but Boobies won't protect them against SCUM; Big Mama will be clinging to Big Daddy, who will be in the corner shitting in his forceful, dynamic pants. Men who are rational, however, won't kick or struggle or raise a distressing fuss, but will just sit back, relax, enjoy the show and ride the waves to their demise.

I am flattered. :stunned:

InsaneApache
04-21-2006, 14:20
So she thinks women are superior, does she?

Female World Records

Car Parking: The smallest kerbside space successfully reversed into by a woman was one of 19.36m (63ft 2ins), equivalent to three standard parking spaces, by Mrs. Elizabeth Simpkins, driving an unmodified Vauxhall Nova 'Swing' on 12th October 1993. She started the manoeuvre at 11.15am in Ropergate, Pontefract, and successfully parked within three feet of the pavement 8 hours 14 minutes later.There was slight damage to the bumpers and wings of her own and two adjoining cars, as well as a shop frontage and two lamp posts.

Incorrect Driving: The longest journey completed with the handbrake on was one of 504 km (313 miles) from Stranraer to Holyhead by Dr. Julie Thorn (GB) at the wheel of a Saab 900 on the 2nd April 1987. Dr. Thorn smelled burning two miles into her journey at Aird but pressed on to Holyhead with smoke billowing from the rear wheels. This journey also holds the records for the longest completed journey with the choke fully out and the right indicator flashing.

Shop Dithering: The longest time spent dithering in a shop was 12 days between 21st August and 2nd September 1995 by Mrs. Sandra Wilks (GB) in the Birmingham branch of Dorothy Perkins. Entering the shop on a Saturday morning, Mrs. Wilks could not choose between two near identical dresses which were both in the sale. After one hour, her husband, sitting on a chair by the changing room with his head in his hands, told her to buy both. Mrs.Wilks eventually bought one for 12.99, only to return the next day and exchange it for the other one. To date, she has yet to wear it. Mrs. Wilks also holds the record for window shopping longevity, when, starting September 12th 1995, she stood motionless gazing at a pair of shoes in Clinkard's window in Kidderminster for 3 weeks two days before eventually going home.

Jumble Sale Massacre: The greatest number of old ladies to perish whilst fighting at a jumble sale is 98, at a Methodist Church Hall in Castleford, West Yorkshire on February 12th 1991. When the doors opened at 10.00am, the initial scramble to get in cost 16 lives, a further 25 being killed in a crush at the first table. A seven-way skirmish then broke out over apinafore dress costing 10p which escalated into a full scale melee resulting in another 18 lives being lost. A pitched battle over a headscarf then ensued and quickly spread throughout the hall, claiming 39 old women. The jumble sale raised 5.28 for local boy scouts.

Talking about Nothing: Mrs. Mary Caterham (GB) and Mrs. Marjorie Steele(GB) sat in a kitchen in Blackburn, Lancs. and talked about nothing whatsoever for four and a half months from 1st May to 7th August 1978, pausing only for coffee, cakes and toilet visits. Throughout the whole time, no information was exchanged and neither woman gained any new knowledge whatsoever. The outdoor record for talking about nothing is held by Mrs. Vera Etherington (GB) and her neighbour Mrs. Dolly Booth(GB) of Ipswich, who between 11th November 1983 and 12th January 1984 chuntered on over their fence in an unelightening dialogue lasting almost 62 days until Mrs.Booth remembered she'd left the bath running.

Gossiping: On February 18th 1992, Joyce Blatherwick, a close friend of Agnes Banbury popped round for a cup of tea and a chat, during the course of which she told Mrs. Banbury, in the strictest confidence, that she was having an affair with the butcher. After Mrs. Blatherwick left at 2.10pm, Mrs.Banbury immediately began to tell everyone, swearing them all to secrecy. By 2.30pm, she had told 128 people of the news. By 2.50pm it had risen to 372 and by 4.00pm that afternoon, 2774 knew of the affair, including the local Amateur dramatic Society, several knitting circles,a coachload of American tourists which she flagged down and the butchers wife. When a tired Mrs. Banbury went to bed at 11.55pm that night, Mrs.Blatherwick's affair was common knowledge to a staggering 75,338 people, enough to fill Wembley Stadium.

Group Toilet Visit: The record for the largest group of women to visit a toilet simultaneously is held by 147 workers at the Department of Social Security, Longbenton. At their annual Christmas celebration at a night club in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne on October 12th 1994, Mrs. Beryl Crabtree got up to go to the toilet and was immediately followed by 146 other members of the party. Moving as a mass, the group entered the toilet at 9.52pm and, after waiting for everyone to finish, emerged 2 hrs 37 mins later.

Film Confusion: The greatest length of time a woman has watched a film with her husband without asking a stupid plot-related question was achieved on the 28th October 1990, when Mrs. Ethel Brunswick sat down with her husband to watch 'The Ipcress File'. She watched in silence for a breath-taking 2 mins 40 secs before asking "Is he a goodie or a baddie, then, him in the glasses?", revealing a staggering level of ignorance. This broke her own record set in 1962 when she sat through 2 mins 38 secs of '633 Squadron' before asking "Is this a war film, is it?".

Single Breath Sentence: An Oxfordshire woman today became the first ever to break the thirty minute barrier for talking without drawing breath. Mrs.Mavis Sommers, 48, of Cowley, smashed the previous record of 23 minutes when she excitedly reported an argument she'd had in the butchers to her neighbour. She ranted on for a staggering 32 minutes and 12 seconds without pausing for air, before going blue and collapsing in a heap on the ground. She was taken to Radcliffe Infirmary in a wheelbarrow but was released later after check-ups. At the peak of her mammoth motormouth marathon, she
achieved an unbelievable 680 words per minute, repeating the main points of the story an amazing 114 times whilst her neighbour, Mrs. Dolly Knowles, nodded and tutted. The last third of the sentence was delivered in a barely audible croak, the last two minutes being mouthed only, accompanied by vigorous jesticulations and indignant spasms.

:inquisitive: :laugh4: :sweatdrop:

Big King Sanctaphrax
04-21-2006, 14:20
Although this is quite clearly absolutely insane, in the context of the author's life, and her obvious physchiatric problems, I don't find it especially worrying. What I do find worrying is that someone would still want to host this on their website.

I was quite amused by the bit about abolishing the money system. What's masculine about money?

Edit-Just looked at the second link-"Many of the other sites that have this text exploit it for anti-feminist ends". Heh, that sounds like it's a difficult thing to do.

Fragony
04-21-2006, 14:35
Although this is quite clearly absolutely insane, in the context of the author's life, and her obvious physchiatric problems, I don't find it especially worrying. .

I wouldn't want to explain the parents that there was no reason to lock her up when she murders their son. There are perfectly fine padded cells for her kind.

Reverend Joe
04-21-2006, 14:50
I feel like a hundred dollars after reading part of that manifesto. Perhaps it is just the knowledge that she is actually describing herself most of the time.

Don Corleone
04-21-2006, 15:24
You know, I've been thinking about this a LOT this morning... how do we know that the woman's 'manifesto' was ever meant to be taken seriously? Read some of Lou Reed's poetry.... there was a time when to gain equal rights for homosexuals and bisexuals he advocated homosexual rape out in the streets. He wasn't serious, and he quickly disavowed it when people called him on it.

It was the 60's, people made a LOT of manifestos that they didn't actually intend to pursue. I'm not saying the woman wasn't deranged, but when I read that, I don't get afraid, I get... sympathetic. It's the scream of a frustrated, disturbed woman who had a lot of reasons to hate men.

Now, that being said, her shooting Andy Warhol... well, that's moving beyond speech, and she deserved to be incarcerated for that (didn't say if she ever was). It's one thing to write fiction, even a fictional manifesto, working yourself into a slather about all the things you would do to your "oppressors" if you ever got the chance. It's quite another entirely to actually start doing those things.

Kanamori
04-21-2006, 15:33
You know, I've been thinking about this a LOT this morning... how do we know that the woman's 'manifesto' was ever meant to be taken seriously? Read some of Lou Reed's poetry.... there was a time when to gain equal rights for homosexuals and bisexuals he advocated homosexual rape out in the streets. He wasn't serious, and he quickly disavowed it when people called him on it.

At first, this was along the lines of my reaction too. I thought that she had just successfully gotten all the men uncomfortable and got their 'underwear in a bundle'. Then, I read this:

1968- Valerie announces that she wants to kill her publisher, Girodias, and an underground newspaper
publisher gives her money to buy a gun
-On June 3rd, Valerie shoots Andy Warhol, and several others in his “Factory”
-June 28th, she is indicted on charges of attempted murder, assault and illegal possession of a gun

She was definitely dangerous, and certainly no joke. She was out to kill people.

-ThundeR
04-21-2006, 15:42
oh dear.

Dutch_guy
04-21-2006, 16:07
I feel like a hundred dollars after reading part of that manifesto. Perhaps it is just the knowledge that she is actually describing herself most of the time.

Yeah I know what you mean, got that too after reading this part :

7. The male likes death--it excites him sexually and, already dead inside, he wants to die.

:balloon2:

Rodion Romanovich
04-21-2006, 16:40
Although this is quite clearly absolutely insane, in the context of the author's life, and her obvious physchiatric problems, I don't find it especially worrying. What I do find worrying is that someone would still want to host this on their website.

Actually she has killed at least one guy, and shows clear signs of wanting to kill more. Clearly dangerous, because she has enough energy to put her thoughts into action, and seems eager to do so. I can understand as in understand the cause and effect behind her behavior with that childhood, and condemn what she's been through, but not understand as in think it's justified, just like Hitler's actions can be understood in terms of cause and effect with the childhood, but not justified in any way whatsoever. Clearly, a case such as that is difficult to treat when it has happened, but a good example of why it's important that society has protection mechanisms for the people who can't have the basic safety of a secure family and childhood, because it's apparent that such a childhood is the cause of most such cases of hatred.

By the way it's a little odd that the owners of that website haven't been punished for hate speech yet. If every occurence of "man" and "men" had been replaced by "homosexual" or "woman", it would immediately have been considered illegal...

yesdachi
With her desire to kill men I’ll bet there could have been a job for her in Texas, either along the boarder or in a prison (death roe).:idea2:

Byzantine Mercenary
those people are monsters! what sane human would advocate canabalism? its one of their ''churches'' five pillars! surely its a joke?

The_Doctor
04-21-2006, 17:32
Why does it say men will be drag-queens?

drone
04-21-2006, 20:49
She apparently thought that women don't need men. Give men a few more years to work on the virtual sex technology, and men won't need women! Take that, femi-nazis!!!111!!one!1!! :laugh4:

Lemur
04-21-2006, 21:03
By the way it's a little odd that the owners of that website haven't been punished for hate speech yet. If every occurence of "man" and "men" had been replaced by "homosexual" or "woman", it would immediately have been considered illegal...
As long as it's in the U.S., you can advocate any hateful thing you like. As long as it's at least somewhat abstract, and not along the lines of "Let's go kill Bob on Tuesday at noon."

A fine example would be the Westboro Baptist Church (http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html), which has lasted a lot longer than the I Shot Andy Warhol gal.

There's no law against hate speech per se in the U.S. One of our lawyer friends coudl probably go into better detail about when words cross the line (I know there's a legal distinction with "fighting words," but can't say I know what it is exactly).

So go ahead, post that website advocating the mass castration of penguins. Nobody can stop you.

Kaiser of Arabia
04-21-2006, 21:19
http://www.germannotes.com/WW1_trench.jpg
There I am! ~:)

Reenk Roink
04-21-2006, 21:32
So go ahead, post that website advocating the mass castration of penguins. Nobody can stop you.

I will use all force necessary to prevent Penguin genocide. Too many other types of birds have been slaughtered already... :shame:

Viking
04-21-2006, 22:12
I read some more on that page, and after that, I think her hate for men all in all boils down to "Sexophobia". :thinking:

JimBob
04-22-2006, 03:19
Were I, as a man, to write something like that and replace 'male' with 'female' I would be called a sexist. She is called a visionary. People we have found society's double standard, if you are 'radical' and 'different' enough you cannot commit evil, you are 'ahead of your time'. Equality means that you have the same rights, but you also have to take the same risks.

It happens in all radical movements. The Weathermen, Leon Czolgosz, and this girl get lionized.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-22-2006, 05:42
Were I, as a man, to write something like that and replace 'male' with 'female' I would be called a sexist. She is called a visionary.

Uh, no, I think she was called "feminazi". :book:

spmetla
04-22-2006, 06:25
Glad to find out it was written in the 60's. All the groovy this and that really threw me off.

Husar
04-22-2006, 12:41
I´d have liked to be her manager...she´d never have killed me after I had organized her publicity tour starting in Saudi Arabia........~D

Upxl
04-22-2006, 17:20
To call a man an animal is to flatter him

Yep,
I find this paper (what I read) very flattering and correct.:2thumbsup:

Upxl
04-22-2006, 17:24
Way I see it is that she’s writing about herself.
Girl just wants to be a lad and cant cope with the fact that she cant.:no:

Avicenna
04-22-2006, 20:48
What a nut. How can they get rid of all men anyway? With men being physically stronger, more men with weapons training and owning weapons, and most women thinking she's a nut and wanting sex instead of living in a society with nothing but lesbians and not much scientific advance (really, apart from Marie Curie there haven't been many notable female scientists)

Byzantine Mercenary
04-22-2006, 23:22
(really, apart from Marie Curie there haven't been many notable female scientists)
that isn't due to the diferences between the sexes, they just didn't have the same teaching and weren't taken seriously often in the past, its only recently that they have had a more even footing.

Watchman
04-23-2006, 07:25
Would you believe I find the reactions people express on this thread far more interesting and, in altogether too many cases, telling than anything in the originally linked sites which I've not even bothered looking at (if only because the assorted direct quotes thus far gave me a pretty good idea of the content already)...?

Just musing.

Samurai Waki
04-23-2006, 08:57
after reading that I feel guilty about being so nice to my girlfriend~:eek: :laugh4:

Duke of Gloucester
04-23-2006, 13:14
(really, apart from Marie Curie there haven't been many notable female scientists)

Dorothy Hodgkin
Henrietta Levitt
Irene Joliot-Curie
Mary Leakey
Lise Meitner
Florence Nightingale (read a biography - she wasn't "just a nurse" but did grounbreaking statistical analysis of death rates in hospitals)
Jocylen Bell-Burnell
Rosalind Franklin
Maria Meyer
Rachel Carson

for starters.

Avicenna
04-23-2006, 13:53
Take a list of notable male scientists and compare the numbers. And take a look at the difference in number of major scientific achievements.

It's just that men are more interested in science I guess.

Now in most western countries they have equal education and are also (supposedly) treated equally, yet it's still mainly male scientists.

Banquo's Ghost
04-23-2006, 14:03
Take a list of notable male scientists and compare the numbers. And take a look at the difference in number of major scientific achievements.

It's just that men are more interested in science I guess.

Now in most western countries they have equal education and are also (supposedly) treated equally, yet it's still mainly male scientists.

Try it this way:

"Take a list of notable male garbage men and compare the numbers. And take a look at the difference in number of major bins emptied

It's just that men are more interested in garbage I guess."

There's a gender bias in many areas which were traditionally male dominated, but it's improving. In science, you will find that there is an increasing number of women due to greater opportunity.

JimBob
04-23-2006, 17:41
Uh, no, I think she was called "feminazi".
On those sites? No. One refered to her as 'a personal hero'

Watchman
04-23-2006, 22:44
I don't think any of those sites win awards for good judgement either, though.

And Tibe my boy, let me tell you that's some really thin ice you're skating on...

A.Saturnus
04-26-2006, 20:42
What a nut. How can they get rid of all men anyway? With men being physically stronger, more men with weapons training and owning weapons, and most women thinking she's a nut and wanting sex instead of living in a society with nothing but lesbians and not much scientific advance (really, apart from Marie Curie there haven't been many notable female scientists)

No offense but this is pretty ignorant and shows that your view on science practice is superficial at best. There are millions of women world wide working in science without which scientific progress would be far from where it is today.

Goofball
04-26-2006, 21:12
With her desire to kill men I’ll bet there could have been a job for her in Texas, either along the boarder or in a prison (death roe).:idea2:

Is that a menu item at the recently opened restaurant Siouxsie's Goth Sushi House?

~:smoking: