PDA

View Full Version : Marius reform CTD?: help needed

Monkwarrior
05-02-2006, 12:05
Hi,
we are at the moment working on a new campaign for ITW and we have detected a CTD problem that we think it is related to the Marius reform.

Here the facts:
- When playing the campaign (start date 225 b.c.), either normal or -ai, a CTD occurs without error message after around 50 turns (date 200 b.c.). This is not exact, and sometimes it happens before that date, and other times later.
- The autosaved games before this CTD cannot be played again, as the CTD occurs in the same way.
- If we use marius_reform_disabled, then the campaign works perfectly at least until 140 b.C.

I think this problem didn't exist in ITW 1.0 (for RTW 1.2), but it appears in ITW 1.1 (for RTW 1.5). We have changed lots of files, so it is difficult to find the reason for this problem.:dizzy2:

Any idea? :help:

Just in case you know the solution, we have also another CTD problem.
This is with siege battles, but it seems to be random or at least it doesn't happen in all the settlements.
What can be the reason for this CTD?

Unfortunately a systematic research around all the settlements in the map would be very time consuming, :dizzy2:

Stuie
05-02-2006, 14:31
If you are using 1.5, did you include "marian_reforms_disabled" in your descr_strat.txt file? That will eliminate any associated problems.

Monkwarrior
05-02-2006, 16:25
If you are using 1.5, did you include "marian_reforms_disabled" in your descr_strat.txt file? That will eliminate any associated problems.
Yes (sorry I posted marius_reforms instead of marian_reforms :embarassed: ). In case of that, I wonder if I can simulate the marius reform by script, to give the romans the access to the new units.

nikolai1962
05-03-2006, 03:19
There are ctds related to changes made in 1.5 with the historic events. I'd have thought this would happen earlier than 50 turns though unless you had your own events?

Stuie
05-03-2006, 19:39
Yes (sorry I posted marius_reforms instead of marian_reforms :embarassed: ). In case of that, I wonder if I can simulate the marius reform by script, to give the romans the access to the new units.

Sure - just make a building that is a) not buildable and b) required for your "reform" units. Then have the script create the building in every settlement when your "reform" is supposed to take place. I think EB uses something like that - check out their script.