PDA

View Full Version : Giving Barbs all city levels in 1.5

Lusted
05-04-2006, 15:58
How would i go about doing this? I know what i need to do in export_descr_buildins.txt and descr_cultures, and i've got the building cards from bI in RTW so that should be fine, but where are the stone wall textures for barbs in BI? What files do i have to edit to make them work on the battle map, along with other buildings? Could i do the same for other barb buildings in Bi?(eg transfer them to 1.5 and add them to the battlemap settlement)

alpaca
05-04-2006, 17:11
You might have to edit descr_walls.txt
Most definitely you should also take a look at the settlement plans for the barbarian cities.

Lusted
05-04-2006, 18:19
I will, i've managed to get all the new buildings in campaign, so that part is taken care of, its just the battle map part i need help with.

alpaca
05-04-2006, 19:57
You might have to add the buildings to the descr_items.db too - I don't think the BI buildings are in the 1.5 one. Check the tutorial section for my post on how to do that for BI (and I think you need to do it that way for 1.5 too).
Another thing: You might have to supply the physical info files, too. Not sure how it's coded in BI. But I don't think anymore you need to edit descr_walls.txt as I took another look at it and it doesn't include any faction-related stuff.

Lusted
05-04-2006, 20:16
Yeah i looked at it as well, i've transferred anything and everything barbarian building related from bi into the RTw data folder and edited descr_building_battle, and ill look into editing descr_items.db, thank you for your help alpaca.

Umm, could you please give me a link for your tutorial as i fear i am being stupid and not being able to find it.

EDIT:nvm i found it, now im off to see if i canget this working.