http://download.gamestar.de/public/gstv/mtw_e3vid_walltest.zip

Check it out. ~D

Vlad Tzepes
05-05-2006, 17:37
Very nice indeed! :jumping:

Oh I'm gonna need a new computer...

Vladimir
05-05-2006, 17:43
What's with that internal use only message? And why is it so fast, what are they trying to hide?

The_Doctor
05-05-2006, 17:44
I can't see it, but I can hear it.

wraithdt
05-05-2006, 17:52
Its most likely a leaked trailer mind you....but it looks Great!!! Can't wait for E3.

edyzmedieval
05-05-2006, 18:04
It's a teaser. And damn CA if I don't break out this night into their offices. I want MTWII!!! :grin:

*rushes off from the Org, planning his attack*

To CA: If you accept to give me MTW II info, I promise I won't sell it to nobody. Trust my word. :shame:

Dutch_guy
05-05-2006, 18:09
It is nice...

....however I do not think an axeman would find it easy to do a berserker style jump-while-swinging-axe move while being fully armoured.

Other than that, the teaser does make an ok impression.

:balloon2:

Zenicetus
05-05-2006, 20:48
What's with that internal use only message? And why is it so fast, what are they trying to hide?

Fast cuts are typical for action movie and game trailers. It's supposed to look exciting. Notice the simulated hand-held camera jerkiness, and the way the camera jumps suddenly when the artillery shot hits the wall.

I thought my current rig could handle this, but now I'm not so sure. That looks a lot more hardware-intensive than a typical RTW battle, not just a little more. At least I can try throwing in a second video card and run in SLI dual card mode, before going for a full-scale upgrade. I've had this computer for only a year, and I'm not really ready for a full upgrade yet, dagnabbitt!!

The_Doctor
05-05-2006, 20:56
I got it working. It was very impressive.

cunobelinus
05-05-2006, 21:34
Yer it does look impressive

Servius
05-05-2006, 22:43
I don't think it's rendered in the game engine. The only shot that looks similar to the screenshots in the very last one with the guys in plate with polearms and red and yellow tabards.

I don't know, I could easily be wrong. E3 will tell I bet.

barocca
05-05-2006, 22:56
ok guys, how did you get it to work,

it not only crashes media player,
i tcrashes classic media player,
ulead video player
AND Explorer itself!
(on XP here)
B.

ivoignob
05-05-2006, 23:49

ulead video player
AND Explorer itself!
(on XP here)
B.

It worked in VLC Media Player for me. The video is really cool but much too short:-) I liked the constant battlecries.

Simmons
05-06-2006, 00:05
Straight away it makes me think of the RTW intro looks great but I will never see that many men on the battlefield at once.

Zenicetus
05-06-2006, 00:09
I think that's probably the actual game engine, for two reasons. 3D rendering is one of CA's big selling points, and they'd be dumb not to show it off in a promotional trailer. Also, why spend extra money on expensive custom CGI, when they already have a rendering engine to use? The last shot may look sharper because it doesn't have smoke effects or distance fogging, like the more zoomed-out shots. Or it could be that they're using some additional optical effects on top of the game rendering. They're already cheating a little bit, with the hand-held camera effects.

Man, those guys are moving fast. I don't think it's unrealistic, necessarily, but I can tell I'll be using the pause key a lot for issuing orders! Either that, or just get 'em in position and let them have at it... if the AI is good enough on both sides.

P.S. yeah, the constant battle cries are cool.

Alexander the Pretty Good
05-06-2006, 01:41
It looks nice, but odds are we won't see the action from that view most of the time. Rome had some very low-level shots and vids that you couldn't replicate without the camera settings thing.

I want video that shows the interface and actually playing, not scripted PR stunts.

Sykotyk Rampage
05-06-2006, 02:18
Just a warning I got a worm from downloading this file.

Took a while for me to get into the file I put it in to erase it. It kept shutting down my explorer.

Skr

edyzmedieval
05-06-2006, 09:13

ulead video player
AND Explorer itself!
(on XP here)
B.

Barocca is back!!! ~:cheers: :king:

Anyhow, I can't wait for E3, although I want to kill everybody I see because I won't go to it, to find out MTWII info. :shame: :no: :furious3:

screwtype
05-06-2006, 10:47
Kind of hard to tell from looking at that video. The desynchronization of the soldiers looked good I thought. The crumbling wall (presumably from a cannonball) still looked cheesy but not as bad as RTW. Where's all the dust and smoke when a big section of wall goes down? And it also looks, just like RTW, that walls and buildings will come tumbling down at a sneeze (hate to make it too tedious for the 10 year olds).

I also thought the lone soldier running looked a bit stilted in his movement. Didn't really look like motion capture to me.

As for the sound, I think one would be jumping to conclusions to think that the game itself is going to sound like that. Those sound effects could easily have been added just for the video, and probably were.

Apart from that, my impression is that it's better than RTW, but how much better is hard to tell from that short clip.

x-dANGEr
05-06-2006, 11:23

ulead video player
AND Explorer itself!
(on XP here)
B.
Try DL-ing Div X player.

Quietus
05-06-2006, 12:45
Is this in-game? It looks cinematic (although the battlefield still looks cramp like RTW).

Also the guy on the last frame was screaming Gahh!! :laugh4:

edyzmedieval
05-06-2006, 13:32
:laugh4:

I wonder why CA isn't commenting this... :inquisitive:

ivoignob
05-06-2006, 13:48
I think the battlefield is not bad. At least it has much more slopes and hills.

Something I always ask myself: where do the parts of the wall dissappear after it was broken?

lancelot
05-06-2006, 14:47
Just a warning I got a worm from downloading this file.

Took a while for me to get into the file I put it in to erase it. It kept shutting down my explorer.

Skr

How do you get rid of it? and where to find it?

Batory
05-06-2006, 16:27
It did look cinematic, if you watch it in slow motion its all blurry...I don't know , remember RTW trailers , they looked great but the game was nothing like it..:no:

ShadesWolf
05-06-2006, 18:06
very interesting

Joshwa
05-07-2006, 14:30
That looks sweeeet! I wanna have an option for blood and maiming, it'd be well sweet!

The_Doctor
05-07-2006, 16:05
Also the guy on the last frame was screaming Gahh!!

He was.:2thumbsup:

Viking
05-07-2006, 18:42
A bit much jumping perhaps, but holy ****! ~:eek:

x-dANGEr
05-07-2006, 20:01
It did look cinematic, if you watch it in slow motion its all blurry...I don't know , remember RTW trailers , they looked great but the game was nothing like it..:no:
Also, you can look at RTW screenies and you will find that M2: TW ones is nothing better. (At least, the unit detail, not the whole around detail. They have ultra super PCs I think!)

Orda Khan
05-07-2006, 20:38
From the evidence so far, by way of screen shots, units or whatever, I see no great difference between this and RTW

........Orda

Simmons
05-07-2006, 23:04
From the evidence so far, by way of screen shots, units or whatever, I see no great difference between this and RTW

........Orda
True apart from updated graphics and units from a different period we have seen nothing new but we haven't even seen the UI yet nothing at all from the campaign map where most of RTW's inadequacies are imo still plenty to see.

Cesare diBorja
05-08-2006, 02:15
Ran just fine on my PC(amd 1.75GHz, 128Mb VC, 1024mbRam). Upgrading video card to a 512mb version and taking 3Gb Ram for this new game. Should run like a champ.

diBorgia

Simmons
05-08-2006, 02:57
Actually now that I think about it more there have been some new things one of the screen shots has some archers firing from behind some stakes that sort of defensive structure is new and is very welcome from my view.

edyzmedieval
05-08-2006, 10:41
I hope we don't get "staked" like the RTW video we had when VI was released.... :inquisitive:

Duke John
05-08-2006, 11:14
I agree. Most of the things that people are amazed by are already in present in R:TW mods. Noteworthy features (from what we know now) that modders cannot do because they are hardcoded are: new formations, upgraded projectile effects and the upgraded animation system. The rest is ... well, I rather look at screenshots of N:TW2 :grin:

Mooks
05-11-2006, 12:27
It says "Windows media cannot support this file" blah blah blah.

x-dANGEr
05-11-2006, 15:51
Have you tried DL-ing Div X.. ?