PDA

View Full Version : A new game that feels like STW used to...

Dunhill
05-12-2006, 11:05
Hi all,

I don;t know if some of the original honourable players are checking in here from time to time, but I thought I might tell you about a new game. It's Take Command 2nd Manassas. It's made by a couple of guys in their spare time, with some help from friends. It's a game by grognards for grognards. It is only single-player and currently civil war setting, but it is built to mod. The developers actually post constantly telling you how to mod. they are progresing slowly, but the AI is the best I've seen in such a wargame.

I have the same feeling I had when I first started playing STW. It's a great game, and a wonderful community. I'd recommned to all the folks who used to be on the Honourable Players list from the old STW days to check out this game. Things are only going to get better for this game and I'd like to have some of those old STW players along when it goes multiplayer.

As you can see from my join date I've been around for a long long time, but I don't post often. However, what I have posted is usually pretty good. Come on over and check out the forums and I'm sure you'll be impressed.

Cheers,

http://www.madminutegames.com/MadMinuteBB/index.php

kankou1razor
05-12-2006, 20:38
My words exactly. I miss the old shoggy online gaming and unfortunaly due to professional reasons i'm away of such delight.

The last game known as Rome was a great achievement in single player campaign but still i miss the ninja movies and others such the trone room with the advisor quotes....Also it killed the online community and thrown away all the old clans and wonderful battles played in STW and MTW.

But still as soon they bring the old mystic back many warriors will rise again to the fields of battle and joy will be cast upon us.

Best to all of you and to all oldies and newcomers of this community.

Kankou1razor AKA SirBlackRaven, Blacky and Viriathus Ddu, trusted advisor of Clan Raven and brother in arms of Alrowan, Kyle, Panzer, Ryttare, Vandal, and so many others m8s.

Dunhill
05-13-2006, 00:43
The next big thing on the board for this game is multiplayer. Depending on how many people they go for (It could be 1v1 I don't know) this might take us back to those days.

One of the best things was the online community. That was well and truly killed with the rise of the 8-12 yo clans. I've only played RTW online about 3-4 times and each time I enter the chat room joining area it's like entering a junior high school without parental guidance. They are not a mature group and far from honourable. When you finally get into a game it's a stutterfest when things get interesting, and that's with 4 people max. Forget 4 per side, its not going to happen thanks to our wonderful 3D sprites.

As I said come on over to Take Command. It's gunpowder at the moment, but I think the move to Europe and such will bring in more melee weapons. However, formations can be modded and mellee happens, but its not a long drawn out affair. I don't see any reasons why hand to hand would be a problem, and lead to more primitive version of the game.