View Full Version : Alba!!!!

Zanderpants
05-13-2006, 20:06
It seems that Scotland made it in!

http://uk.media.pc.gamespy.com/media/800/800327/img_3561704.html

Huzzah!

The Blind King of Bohemia
05-13-2006, 20:13
Its been confirmed for a while mate. Should certainly make things more interesting for England.

Zanderpants
05-13-2006, 20:28
Its been confirmed for a while mate. Should certainly make things more interesting for England.

Yeah, I just read it in another thread.~:doh:
Sorry, I haven't been in this side of the forum before and I saw that pic and got all excited.......

ShadesWolf
05-14-2006, 11:37
Yes should make for a few nice battles like Otterburn etc...

Mooks
05-18-2006, 03:17
This is going to make the game a hell of alot harder than all the other games combined. The sheer number of factions you have to compete with (even though some are small) will definately give diplomacy a much more important role in the game.The egyptians will have to contend with the turks,byz, mongols all at once.

Maybe...just maybe. TW will be a challenge late in the game.... :sweatdrop:

Joshwa
05-18-2006, 17:25
Ah excellent, I see they are running away from some brave English horsemen. Bwahaha

Unforgivable-Fenrir
05-22-2006, 21:58
i hope that they make it harder to take scotland in this one. In MTW the rebels that had scotland were push overs.

Alim
05-22-2006, 22:36
Nice to see the Scots there, hopefully this means you can fight with the Highlanders once again, my favourite unit in VI. They will probably be one of the more challenging factions to play (at least compared to other factions), tricky starting position,a powerful and hostile neighbour, bad economy at the start and probably not advanced technologically. Should be fun.
"Yer can take oor life but yer cannae take oor freedom!"

Sethik
05-23-2006, 02:27
For a sec there I thought you were talking about my girlfriend, Jessica Alba.

Simmons
05-23-2006, 08:36
For a sec there I thought you were talking about my girlfriend, Jessica Alba.
:jawdrop: That means she must be cheating on me! ~:angry:

caravel
05-23-2006, 09:02
Screenshots are looking better all the time! I've no idea why some people seem to complain so much about the graphics.

As to the scots, I hope this time they don't have any battle of culloden style clansmen, (highlanders) complete with kilt. I hope they do the scots justice this time around.

Divinus Arma
05-23-2006, 14:13
I look forward to the day when CA figures out how to diversify the fighting stance of the soldiers within a unit. The current system still makes the game look "clone-like". The diversity in unit skins was a great step, but now they need to fix the base stance for idle, preparing to fight, charge, and in-fight stance. Look at pictures of the army in a charge. It looks absurd, especially with this quality of graphics. Surely you can do something about this CA?

Lorenzo_H
05-24-2006, 15:19
The banner for scotland should well have a thistle on it, just to look cooler...

Vladimir
05-24-2006, 18:49
The banner for scotland should well have a thistle on it, just to look cooler...

FFFRRRREEEEEEEEDDDDOOOOMMM! :hanged:

Is that what you're referring to?

Dead Knight of the Living
05-25-2006, 16:28
Scotland will be tough as h3ll to play. No doubt England won't be your only worry. I foresee the following scenario for those of you who play Scotland as far as what the AI will do.

HRE will be busy trying to consolidate power under a strong leader so they'll take half a century at least to really get going on an expansion campaign.

This will leave the Danes free to secure Scandinavia, maybe some of the Baltic States and invade that fairly sizeable island off to their west.

Now, England being rather strong, they'd likely not target them first. But at the same time knowing England is at war with France (you know they will be) they know they could pick on someone else on that island without English interference.

Scotland is the target of the day.

But England will see this attempt to gain overlordship over people they should be overlording themselves. Will England continue their main effort en la France? I don't think they could afford it.

But, the Danes being rather strong too (early on at least) the English won't directly challenge them, but will race to conquer more Scottish territory than they will.

Now, Les Champions de l'ecosse will be busy fighting two powerful factions.

Bring two things with you when you join the battle in Scotland. A huge pair of nuts and the attitude of a wolverine.

I can't wait for this fudgeking game to come out.

edyzmedieval
06-03-2006, 11:40
Pics of Jessica Alba in MTW2? :jawdrop:

Wow. I'm buying this pronto. :grin:

Duke Malcolm
06-03-2006, 12:17
Huzzah, indeed!
I shall take the Mother Country and make a brand-spanking-new Empire of the Scots, spreading from the Western Isles to the Russias! From Cape Wrath to Iberia! Muahahaha...

Ah excellent, I see they are running away from some brave English horsemen. Bwahaha
No, no, they have tactically retreated to lure the English into an ambush, you can see the ambush party behind the horsies.

King Ragnar
06-03-2006, 18:25
Meh just more cannon fodder for my longbows :2thumbsup:
kekekeke

GFX707
06-03-2006, 19:47
Those of you with these lovely "scenarios" are probably forgetting that:

1) There won't BE any diplomacy; it will probably just be completely random like RTW "diplomacy". "allies" will stab you in the back, seemingly more than "neutrals", no one will ever accept peace, and it will just seem like there is no point to any of the options except to look nice in screenshots.
2) It won't be tough as Scotland because, well, the game will be a pushover after the first few turns

Personally I imagine playing Scotland will be a bit like playing Seleucia in RTW: Tough and exciting and nail-biting for about 10 turns, after which it's a complete pushover because the AI is so laughable.

I hope I am just being sceptical.

King Ragnar
06-04-2006, 11:03
way to put a downer on our fun :(

Zanderpants
06-06-2006, 18:42

1) There won't BE any diplomacy; it will probably just be completely random like RTW "diplomacy". "allies" will stab you in the back, seemingly more than "neutrals", no one will ever accept peace, and it will just seem like there is no point to any of the options except to look nice in screenshots.
2) It won't be tough as Scotland because, well, the game will be a pushover after the first few turns

Personally I imagine playing Scotland will be a bit like playing Seleucia in RTW: Tough and exciting and nail-biting for about 10 turns, after which it's a complete pushover because the AI is so laughable.

:inquisitive:
One thing that you need to remember is that we're all going to die, so why even bother getting the game? It's all gonna be pointless anyways. -sigh- Woe is me. (plays EMO music)

ScottishAdam
12-13-2006, 12:43
definately mate, Scotland deserve to be in it. We have a great history fighting off the english, the romans, the vikings, germans you name it. Scotland the brave

Derventio
12-13-2006, 13:07
If you are so good at beating everyone in Scotland, how come you are still overrun with midges on the 2 days a year the sun comes out:beam:

Faenaris
12-13-2006, 18:27
I don't want to sound like a party-pooper, but why the thread necromancy? :confused:

GFX707
02-09-2007, 20:04

Guess what? I was right....