PDA

View Full Version : Printer not turning on

alman7272
05-17-2006, 05:44
I have a Canon BubbleJet connected to my computer via a USB cable and until recently, it printed fine. But now it will not turn on no matter what. The computer recognizes the printer is connected in Printers & Faxes, but the power won't turn on. I've made sure the USB is firmly in place on both ends - any suggestions?

R'as al Ghul
05-17-2006, 09:25
Your machine notices the printer because the usb cable is in the port where it always was.
However, if your printer doesn't power up it's probably dead. The power supply unit of the printer may be damaged. The only thing you can try is to plug it the power cord into another socket. If it powers up, it's your socket, if not it's toast. :skull:

Repairing a power unit of a printer is usually more expensive than a new printer.

:bow:

hoom
05-18-2006, 21:46
I seem to recall my stepmother had the same kind of problem.
Turned out the thing turned itself on when you sent a print to it...

ZombieFriedNuts
05-18-2006, 22:44
I hate to say it but is it plugged in :wall:

_Martyr_
05-20-2006, 14:29
I once had a small cable connector fall into my printer and cause a jam in one of the rollers. It was really difficult to figure this out because nobody saw the cable connector fall in, it was completely hidden from view and the printer simply did not turn on (must have detected the jam and thus not powered up). When I did find it however, and carefully removed it, the printer fired up again just like new. So id advise that before you throw anything away you get out a small mirror and check behind the rollers.