PDA

View Full Version : Changing faction names

AwesomeArcher
05-26-2006, 21:59
I read the tutorial on changing faction names. I am trying to change the seleucid empire to the sarmatian empire. I edited all the stuff it said to in the tutorial, I changed everything in the strat, expaned, and shared files. but the game still says it is the Seleucid Empire in everything. Is there anything else i have to do?

I can post what the files look like that i edited if you think you could help me out.

Stuie
05-27-2006, 17:07
What version of RTW are you modding?

If you are using 1.5/1.6, you need to make the changes in the expanded_bi.txt file. expanded.txt is no longer used by the game.

AwesomeArcher
05-29-2006, 15:29
I am just using vanilla RTW 1.5. Since my other thread was closed and i couldnt say sorry to kburkert for spelling his name wrong, i will say it here. Also to Duke John, you dont have to make fun of people for not knowing much about modding, this is the first i have tried to do any modding, i am sure that you had to start somewhere and you were at my level sometime. Also you dont have to insult me just because i swiched one letter of kburkert's name, i am sure you have had some typos before.

Epistolary Richard
05-29-2006, 20:34
AwesomeArcher if you wish to communicate to a specific individual only then please use the Private Messaging system. If you have a complaint about a member's conduct then please PM a moderator.

As Stuie says, please try editing the expanded_bi.txt as you are using 1.5. If that doesn't work please start a new thread on the topic. Closed.