PDA

View Full Version : Research : Seige Equipment

Severous
05-27-2006, 11:58
I did a little research on seige equipment.

During seiges you can construct seige equipment.

- I wanted to find out how many points you get
- If moving made any difference
- If leader made any difference
- If unit scale made any difference
- If difficulty made any difference
- Type of unit made any difference

Version: RTW V1.5 No mods.

Findings:
- A full strength infantry unit has 15 build points per turn. (Enough for a ladder each turn.)
- Partial strength unit gives partial points.(half strength Peltast had 7 points)
- Moving or stationary made no difference to 15 points per turn
- Leader made no difference to other units. But the big faction leader had between 16-21 points (Leader had no retinue/traits that helped)
- Large or Huge unit scale makes no difference to build points per unit
- Easy or very hard made no difference
- Infantry of all types had the same 15 points. 120man peasant, 80 man Spartan, 80 Man Mercenry Peltast etc ...each had 15 points.

I noticed that the number of ladders you get per set was:
- 4 ladders when an 80 man unit had them
- 5 ladders per set when a unit of 120 or more had them (Peasant on 'large' or most 'units' on huge)

Heres some of my data: In this case Greek Vh/Vh Large setting
Peltast 13 men = 3 points
Archer 23 men = 4 points
Hoplite 26 men = 5 points
Hoplite 30 men = 6 points
Peasant 68 men = 8 points
Merc Peltast 51 men = 9 points
Peasant 94 men = 11 points
Spartan Hop 54 men = 11 points
Merc Hop 62 men = 12 points
Merc Peltast 73 men = 13 points
Hoplite 80 men = 15 points
Peltast 77 men = 15 points
Faction Leader 35 men = 16 points
Faction Leader 44 men = 17 points

Greeks and Romans used in my research.

Ludens
05-27-2006, 12:52
Interesting. What do you actually mean with moving/stationary? Because I am pretty sure that a stack with less movement points gets less siege points as well.

Severous
05-27-2006, 19:55
Seige build points for a unit starting its turn next to the target were the same as for a unit moving to the target. (RTW V1.5)

Has anyone else checked 'movement = less build points' ? It was exactly this question on another forum that got me started on this research.

Ludens
05-27-2006, 20:52
Seige build points for a unit starting its turn next to the target were the same as for a unit moving to the target. (RTW V1.5)

Has anyone else checked 'movement = less build points' ? It was exactly this question on another forum that got me started on this research.
I see. Odd, because I distinctly recall that armies with almost no movement points left would have almost no siege points as well.

Could this moved to the Ludus Magna?

Nelson
05-27-2006, 23:46
Could this moved to the Ludus Magna?

It sure can!

Severous
05-28-2006, 08:20
Units moving on the map can reach an objective yet run out of movement points preventing them attacking. This applies to seiges as well as regular open field battles. Its an all or nothing situation.

Stoneface
06-01-2006, 02:44
It's 15 Points for every full unit and a and corresponding part if the unit is missing some man. This should work with most of your data except the thirteen peasants and the faction leaders but I haven't checked all. There probably is a minimum and I do not know what is considered a full unit for a faction leader. Traits and ancillaries are also added. I think some guy from CA mentioned zhis somewhere but I am to lazy to find the quote.