PDA

View Full Version : Carriage Ballistae into RTW ?

Onemanshow
06-02-2006, 20:15
Anyone can tell if it's possible to add the carriage ballistae unit from BI to RTW ?

Thx
OMS

Onemanshow
06-04-2006, 15:31
If someone is interested to add the carriage ballista unit into his RTW Mod or just for fun, ask me and i will put there a way to add it.

OMS

Myrddraal
06-05-2006, 00:09
You did it? Great! Welcome to the .org Onemanshow. Sorry I didn't get to this thread earlier :thumbsup:

Onemanshow
06-06-2006, 13:04
Thx for the welcome :) It's my first achievement, hope not the last :balloon2:
huhu !

JuliusCaesar
06-07-2006, 18:34
Cool :2thumbsup: Could u send me the files? I'm kind of interested in modifying the model and using is for own purposes (sorry, not a mod).

Onemanshow
06-09-2006, 11:38
Cool :2thumbsup: Could u send me the files? I'm kind of interested in modifying the model and using is for own purposes (sorry, not a mod).

No files needed, just copy/paste some files and some informations from BI.
First you have to act as if you create a new unit in RTW : Open export_descr_unit file from BI, copy informations about carriage ballistae and paste into your RTW export_descr_unit file.
Do the same thing with descr_model_battle.

Then, copy relative files from BI to RTW folder : scorpion_cart.CAS, scorpion_cart_scorpion.CAS, scorpion_cart_stand.CAS into data/models_unit.

Some paths about carriage ballistae unit seems to be hardcoded, so in the original RTW "data\models_unit\" folder you have to create a new directory called "textures". Then, paste 2 files in this directory :
ballistae_chariot.tga.dds and ##CHARIOT_LOW_POLY.TGA.DDS

Last, copy UI files about the unit into your usually directory, don't forget export_descr_unit_enums and export_units files too.

WARNING : In custom battle, don't select the carriage ballistae as first unit, even for computer player or you'll get a CTD. It's probably due to a problem with the officer because for this kind of battle, the first unit added is considered as command unit.

Hope you will enjoy

OMS

JuliusCaesar
06-09-2006, 13:27
Just one problem, I don't have BI :embarassed: . Would u be so kind as to send me the files needed to my email. U can find the address on my member information.

cunctator
06-10-2006, 10:36
WARNING : In custom battle, don't select the carriage ballistae as first unit, even for computer player or you'll get a CTD. It's probably due to a problem with the officer because for this kind of battle, the first unit added is considered as command unit.

Hope you will enjoy

OMS

Have you added the BI carro ballistae animation to all officers in R:TW 1.5 descr_model_battle.txt? They need alternate skeletons for all kinds of units that can have this officer.

Here example from BI:

type roman_general ; WILL NEED TO SPLIT THIS INTO EAST AND WEST! Also, rebel general??
;--------------------------------------
skeleton fs_dagger
skeleton_horse fs_hc_swordsman
skeleton_elephant fs_forest_elephant_rider
skeleton_chariot fs_chariot_sword
skeleton_camel fs_hc_swordsman
skeleton_scorpion_cart fs_carriage_ballistae_crew
indiv_range 40

texture slavs, bi/data/models_unit/textures/BI_officer_roman_general_slavs.tga
texture sassanids, bi/data/models_unit/textures/BI_officer_roman_general_sassanid.tga
texture empire_west, bi/data/models_unit/textures/BI_officer_roman_general_empire_west.tga
texture sarmatians, bi/data/models_unit/textures/BI_officer_roman_general_empire_sarmatian.tga
texture empire_west_rebels, bi/data/models_unit/textures/BI_officer_roman_general_empire_west_rebels.tga
texture empire_east, bi/data/models_unit/textures/BI_officer_roman_general_empire_east.tga
texture empire_east_rebels, bi/data/models_unit/textures/BI_officer_roman_general_empire_east_rebels.tga
texture romano_british, bi/data/models_unit/textures/BI_officer_roman_general_romano_british.tga
texture slave, bi/data/models_unit/textures/BI_officer_roman_general_slave.tga
texture roxolani, bi/data/models_unit/textures/BI_officer_roman_general_empire_roxolani.tga
model_flexi bi/data/models_unit/BI_officer_roman_general_lod1.cas, 15
model_flexi bi/data/models_unit/BI_officer_roman_general_lod2.cas, 30
model_flexi bi/data/models_unit/BI_officer_roman_general_lod3.cas, 40
model_flexi bi/data/models_unit/BI_officer_roman_general_lod4.cas, max
;model_sprite 60.0, bi/data/sprites/romans_julii_roman_peasant_sprite.spr
model_sprite 60.0, bi/data/sprites/roman_general_sprite.spr
model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

Onemanshow
06-10-2006, 12:13
Thx a lot Cuctator, i added the scorpion cart for Roman_general and roman_lesser_general and all is fine.

Julius : i will send the files quickly

OMS

JuliusCaesar
06-12-2006, 23:32
Tnx

Quillan
06-17-2006, 19:36
Thank you. I was just looking to see if I could figure out how to do this. I just got BI about a week ago, and the carriage ballista is the unit I felt was missing from the first game. Now if I can just retexture it so it'll show in Scipiones blue...