PDA

View Full Version : How To Make Certain Things In The Game Louder

The Spartan (Returns)
06-14-2006, 17:12
All you do is go to a descr_sound.txt (there are many types such as: descr_sound_unit_fighting) where it says volume; the lower the number the higher the volume is but if the number is higher the lower the volume is. i think you can only edit the descr_sound texts if they have the word volume in it.

Myrddraal
06-17-2006, 13:11
Could you please elaborate a little bit Spartan? A quote from the file would be and the file location would make this guide a lot clearer.

The Spartan (Returns)
06-17-2006, 23:11
alright. here is an example from descr_sounds_units_fight:

event lod 3 volume -20
folder data/sounds/SFX/Group/Melee
;Melee_Roman_Fight_Small_c

end
event lod 40 volume -15
;Melee_Roman_Fight_Med_c

end
event lod 80 volume -10
;Melee_Roman_Fight_Large_c
end
so where you see volume; if you want it to be louder where it says volume, put the number lower but if you want it quiter put the number higher
now i can only guess that the lod thing indicates the number of people so where it says lod 80 i put the volume louder and when a big number of people fight the battle noises are louder. (which is true i tested it)
p.s. if you want to know what your sound your making louder, read the name of the text. than go to the sounds file (assuming you used the XIDX extractor) and go to that file where the file said for example:
data/sounds/SFX/Group/Melee go there to listen to that file.

Myrddraal
06-18-2006, 08:51
Cheers :thumbsup: