PDA

View Full Version : Morale/Movement Speed Fix.

Lucjan
06-18-2006, 04:46
Ok, since the only issue anybody seems to be having with this absolutely gorgeous mod is that it ctd's every once in a while for reasons hoggy is going to have to sort out, and the movement speed/morale being out of balance, I took the liberty to alter the movement and morale files to make the battles last longer. Also, thanks to Zatoichi for posting his movement speeds.

For anyone who wants the battles to last longer...

Install for the corrected files is incredibly easy.

1 - Download the files here.
http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Rt...rale_modded.7z

2 - Download the 7-zip unzipper...
http://www.7-zip.org/

3 - Uze the 7-zip unzipper to extract the files, then cut/paste them into your Blue Lotus:TW data file. When asked to replace the files say yes to all.

Zatoichi
06-18-2006, 08:56
Hi - your link is not working at the moment I'm afraid.

What have you done to increase the morale? If you've increased the stat_mental values in the edu.txt, have you based it on the one included in hoggy's first patch? There's a tiny fix in there for samurai, otherwise there's no difference to the original.

Lucjan
06-18-2006, 11:32
I went by what I felt would be feasible numbers for their unit class, training, discipline, etc.
Basically..
If units had the characteristics
Low or untrained I added 4
Normal or trained I added 5
Disciplined or highly trained I added 6.
Impetuous added 7
Berserker 8

For missile class troops I added 1.
For infantry I added 2.
For cavalry I added 3.
If it was a generals unit I added 2.

If they were heavy I added 1.
And if they seemed they were intended as elite units for that faction, I added 1.

So, for example...

A Choson Spearman is a normal, trained, infantry unit.
0+5+5+2=12. So their mental state is 12.
A Wang Liang is a berserker, untrained, infantry, heavy, definately elite.
0+8+4+2+1+1 = 16
Nodachi Samaurai are disciplined, trained, heavy, infantry.
0+6+5+1+2 = 14
--------------------------------------------
Ok, now that that's explained, sorry about the inconvenience with the link.
Try this one. The other was from the orgs upload service and I don't know where it disappeared to...
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CCG1UGIG
That link will take you to the upload site (which may spring a popup on you, just click at the top right to 'continue with megaupload' and there will a box, again at the topright saying please wait a couple seconds and then you'll be able to click that box to download the file.)
Which again..needs to be unzipped with 7zip.

Sorry for the inconvenience. *wishes these things silly upload/download things could be a bit less of a hassle.*

:hide:

Sarmatia1871
06-18-2006, 12:52
Ah, bravo - Will test this out immediately!

Lucjan
06-18-2006, 13:37
Thanks, let me know what you think.

barocca
06-18-2006, 14:15
because 7zip is not very user friendly i have taken the liberty of uploading this in standard ZIP format

BL_MovementMorale_modded.zip in ZIP format (http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Rtw_Uploads/RTWupload/BL_MovementMorale_modded.zip)

and here is the correct link for your original upload
BL_MovementMorale_modded.7z in 7z format (http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Rtw_Uploads/RTWupload/BL_MovementMorale_modded.7z)
(it got truncated when you entered the link onto the page instead of using the insert link button)

While 7zip is not very intrusive when it installs it uses what passes for "dos" to navigate in NT/XP,
getting to "My Documents" for someone who has not done so outside of NT/XP can be a little confusing
I have also found that "zip" files made by 7zip can be problematic to unzip using most other compression utilities :(
B.

Lucjan
06-18-2006, 14:32
Ah, well, thanks for making my mess easier for everybody else. I wasn't aware of 7zip having so many issues...always seemed to work fine for me.

Oh, actually the original link should be ignored now anyway. The seconday link is updated and refined to make more sense than the first one. :oops: If I could edit my own posts...I'd fix these things. *kicks the junior member status*

Sarmatia1871
06-18-2006, 16:07
Thanks, let me know what you think.

:2thumbsup: Played a few custom battles (2 against normal powers, 2 against the demons), and the pace is now much better!

My low-quality units will generally still run away from demons, but it will take a couple of rounds of fighting before they finally break - which I suppose is much more "accurate."

Lucjan
06-18-2006, 16:58
I wasn't necessarilly going for 'accuracy' per se..just more interesting gameplay.

I felt it balanced well, were I to somehow be magically transported to Blue Lotus's fantasy world, I wouldn't expect..say..ashigaru to do much more than delay a unit of snow cat warriors for a few minutes before they noticed how poorly they were losing and ran. But by then I'd hopefully have freed up some better troops to counter more effectively.

Anyway, thanks, glad you like it.

Simmons
06-19-2006, 01:05
Whats been changed movement speed wise ?? slower/faster?

Lucjan
06-19-2006, 06:27
Movement speeds have been slowed down a little bit. The enemy being able to close the gap between armies in about 10 seconds was just insane.

Simmons
06-19-2006, 10:06
Movement speeds have been slowed down a little bit. The enemy being able to close the gap between armies in about 10 seconds was just insane.
Ok thanks Lucjan I'll give it a go.

Ludens
07-07-2006, 17:20
Great job.
~:thumb:

Gen_Lee
07-10-2006, 11:39
Indeed, hope the next patch can include these changes!

Moros
02-03-2007, 12:03
:bow: :bow: :bow:
Thanks for a wonderfull temporary fix!