PDA

View Full Version : Can you delete factions?

vastator
06-22-2006, 21:36
Sorry if this question has already been asked, but can you delete factions from RTW 1.5 campaigns and replace them with rebels? I'd like to get rid of Parthia to give the AI Armenians and Seleucids a fighting chance.

Stuie
06-23-2006, 14:09
Yes - but it would take a good deal of work. First backup every file you are going to change.

You would need to move all the Parthian settlements in descr_strat.txt to the rebels, delete the Parthian units and family and put rebel units in their place. You would also need to remove Parthia as a playable faction at the top of the file and replace Parthia with another faction wherever they are listed as faction_creator for a settlement.

Then you need to remove Parthia from the descr_win_conditions.txt file.

Next, you need to replace Parthia with another faction in the following files:

descr_rebel_factions.txt
descr_regions.txt

Having done all that, add -show_err to your RTW shortcut in case something is wrong. I'm typing this away from my RTW computer and may have forgotten a file or two.

For an easier solution:

Open descr_strat.txt and give Armenia and the Seleucids a bunch more starting money and reduce Parthia's starting money to zero.

vastator
06-23-2006, 17:53
Great - thanks for the advice! :2thumbsup: I've already beefed up the Seleucids, so I'll see what I can do for the Armenians.

Spectre867
06-26-2006, 17:03
I believe if you take away all their cities (and give them to the rebels), delete their other starting armies, leaders, agents, and family tree, and move their faction leader the corner of the map, that should work just as well, thats what I did to remove the Scipii and Brutii factions and it worked fine.