PDA

View Full Version : Modding Music in BI

Dol Guldur
06-30-2006, 10:29
I am a little confused as to why I cannot get the music to work in BI from within BI's data/sounds folder. I am surely missing something obvious. It works fine if I stick the files in the Rome data/sounds folder.

I reset the paths in descr_sounds_music.txt by prefixing them with "bi/" and placed the raw mps in the bi/data/sounds/myfolder folder and they worked fine....but when I pack them they do not work. I tried changing the xidx bat path by also prefixing with "bi/", but still nothing.

What am I missing?

Teleklos Archelaou
06-30-2006, 14:48
Did you delete that one file that needs deleting? The one that overwrites dsm?

events.dat - or rename it.

The Spartan (Returns)
06-30-2006, 14:52
I am a little confused as to why I cannot get the music to work in BI from within BI's data/sounds folder. I am surely missing something obvious. It works fine if I stick the files in the Rome data/sounds folder.

I reset the paths in descr_sounds_music.txt by prefixing them with "bi/" and placed the raw mps in the bi/data/sounds/myfolder folder and they worked fine....but when I pack them they do not work. I tried changing the xidx bat path by also prefixing with "bi/", but still nothing.

What am I missing?DONT add the "bi/" and delete the events.dat file or rename it.

Dol Guldur
06-30-2006, 15:44
Yep, the bi events.dat was renamed long time ago...and I've tried it without the bi prefix in xidx too. Still does not work. The dsm obviously references the right folder (as the raw mp3s work), but there is something in the packing that is causing a path fault though I cannot fathom what it could be.

Does anyone know of a mod for Bi that has its own music and references the bi rather than rome data\sounds folder? Nothing like learning from examples I guess... ;)

Thanks for the response.

Dol Guldur
07-05-2006, 09:16
I am still getting a deathly silence when trying to get BI to run off its own data/sounds folder rather than rome's.

Let me take you through the steps of what I've done (though I've tried just about every other permutation):

1. Created, using xidx, the music.dat and music.idx files:

.\xidx.exe -cf music.idx data\sounds\4a_music\*
pause

2. Renamed bi\data\sounds\events.dat and placed the newly-generated music.dat and music.idx in that same folder

3. Repathed the descr_sounds_music file by prefixing with bi/ (tested with raw mp3s and path *is* working).

It seems only the xidx path could be an issue, but I have tried it with a bi\ prefix and that does not work either. I have also tried leaving the bi\ prefix out of both the xidx bat and DSM file and still nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Kagemusha
07-05-2006, 09:31
We have the exactly same problem it seems nomatter what we have tryed.The music wont work.If somebody have solved this problem please reply.~:mecry:

Dol Guldur
07-05-2006, 10:54
The only solution I can see is to leave the music unpacked.:no:

Dol Guldur
07-06-2006, 13:28
I've spent a long time on this one now and still no resolution. I moved the vanilla (i.e. RTW) music idx and dat file into the bi data\sounds along with the vanilla bi DSM - and those worked. I then replaced it with my DSM, making sure the paths were the same, and then replaced the dat and idx. Still nothing.

The only possible problem must be the way xidx is generating the files. Can anyone who has successfully got packed music working for a BI mod please post the command line of their bat file here. Thx. And someone might direct me to the xidx download (I can never seem to find the latest update of tools on any forums); I have version 0.97