PDA

View Full Version : Total War Eras

Leet Eriksson
07-09-2006, 14:32
I know it should not be in the Arena becuase its Total War related, but the game spans all the games ever released by CA that i'm not sure where to put this thread. Move as appropriate.

I have acquired this Special Edition just today, i will describe the contents of the package:

1.A DVD Case with all 3 Total War games, Each game on a seperate DVD with the Expansion included.

2. A DVD case with a DVD of making of and Alexander Cd-Rom (2nd expansion to rome total war)

3. A Large Poster of MTW2 now on the wall of my computer room ~;p

4. Several Gift Cards with total war images on them (i'm not sure the proper term is gift cards, forgot what its actually called).

5. An Artbook, several concept art, box concept arts, and some art of medieval II.

6. A CD WITH 43 TRACKS ALL COMPOSED OF JEFFS MUSIC LIKE OMG the last track is for M2:TW, a middle eastern song from the sounds of it, which sounds absolutely awesome. Funny enough its titled Crack your head with a Tabla.

7. Large Manual with every bit of information included about all the games in the package.

The cool thing is, i get to install and uninstall at my leisure now, becuase every game and its expansion is on a single dvd.

Fragony
07-09-2006, 14:48
That's one impressive package, gimme, now.

AntiochusIII
07-09-2006, 14:52
Kewl. I've just started a self-imposed lurking period but this thread convinces me that a little comment is needed:

How much does it cost you to buy that?

(If you can random guess in US dollar terms, then thanks even more :bow: )

Leet Eriksson
07-09-2006, 15:25
I got it for 240 DHS, roughly 66$. But seeing how they jack the prices here 3x the original price, the US might get it for cheaper.

Its already released in Europe. (incase you are wondering, i stumbled on an import shop and the guy pointed out that its been recently released, I didn't waste time and bought it as he only had this one box ~;p)

The USA will get it later this month, according to Gamefaqs 7/25.

Also i just discovered the Documentary has some exclusive info on M2:TW, i might as well take a look at it. Will make a summary of what i saw in a bit.

The Spartan (Returns)
07-09-2006, 16:08
cool a making of ATW! whats it like?

Leet Eriksson
07-09-2006, 16:24
Here is what i could glean(bunched them up, some are well known but anyway):

1.Improved AI

2.More individuality and personalities for soldiers on the battlefield = more natural battlefield.

3.Kill synching or synchronisation, soldiers will know realisticly stab and kill each other with much improved collision detection techniques.

4.No clone armies, every soldier will look unique, faces included.

5.Improved strategic campaign map.

Summary of the Documentary:

Talks about the process of creating Total War, very interesting tidbits on how they did it. They go on Shogun, Medieval then Rome and what they added and did to the game.

Besides talking about the Medieval 2, Mike said CA are looking at possibilities to get the series to other platforms, the future of TW series, exploring eras not featured in the series, and making the future titles more realistic.

frogbeastegg
07-09-2006, 18:15
Move as appropriate.
I saw a thread on this in the RTW forum, so I'll try there.

gardibolt
07-14-2006, 16:23
Do the older games (STW and MTW) contained in the set now work on XP with modern video drivers?????

Leet Eriksson
07-14-2006, 16:57
Do the older games (STW and MTW) contained in the set now work on XP with modern video drivers?????

Yes, my computer has XP and a geforce 7800 card, the games work like a charm. I didn't expect shogun to work (i tried the older version of my game when EA published it i think) but it didn't work, but the new ones in Era's work perfectly without a hitch.

roman pleb
07-14-2006, 17:35
Here is what i could glean(bunched them up, some are well known but anyway):

1.Improved AI

2.More individuality and personalities for soldiers on the battlefield = more natural battlefield.

3.Kill synching or synchronisation, soldiers will know realisticly stab and kill each other with much improved collision detection techniques.

4.No clone armies, every soldier will look unique, faces included.

5.Improved strategic campaign map.

Summary of the Documentary:

Talks about the process of creating Total War, very interesting tidbits on how they did it. They go on Shogun, Medieval then Rome and what they added and did to the game.

Besides talking about the Medieval 2, Mike said CA are looking at possibilities to get the series to other platforms, the future of TW series, exploring eras not featured in the series, and making the future titles more realistic.

That is awesome!
:2thumbsup:

gardibolt
07-17-2006, 17:51
Yes, my computer has XP and a geforce 7800 card, the games work like a charm. I didn't expect shogun to work (i tried the older version of my game when EA published it i think) but it didn't work, but the new ones in Era's work perfectly without a hitch.

Excellent! That's what I've been waiting to hear. :idea2:

x-dANGEr
07-17-2006, 19:03
One question. Can you access an official MP server for Shogun?

Wishazu
07-17-2006, 19:19
I too have been having the problem with XP and shogun, im glad to hear it has been sorted now :)

Reenk Roink
07-17-2006, 19:43
Thanks for the information faisal... :2thumbsup:

One question though, does the M:TW version have the same problem as M:TW Gold Edition (until recently I should say...)?

x-dANGEr
07-18-2006, 07:26
One question. Can you access an official MP server for Shogun?
This is important ~;)

Leet Eriksson
07-21-2006, 01:06
Not sure which problem you guys are talking about, MTW:Gold worked real well in my computer.

Also didn't try STW MP yet, i'm a bit worried though, becuase the Manual only provided CD keys for MTW and RTW. I'll try that out when i have the time though.

Reenk Roink
07-23-2006, 16:37
Not sure which problem you guys are talking about, MTW:Gold worked real well in my computer.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=65170