PDA

View Full Version : Sassanid’s rule

ZombieFriedNuts
07-23-2006, 18:05
I’m halfway though my first Sassanid campaign and my god there brilliant I’ve got more money that I know what to do with, the armored cavalry will destroy anything in their path and I have realized just how good horse archers are, I don’t use anything else.

Kekvit Irae
07-23-2006, 18:48
Dont forget that their temples increase Law by a lot, as do a lot of their other buildings (academies, execution squares), which help reduce corruption in trade a lot.

Mithras
07-24-2006, 00:23
The only real problem is having too much cash. When your stacking up the loot those negative traits come a piling in.

Overall a Sassasids are probably the easiest to play as and overall the second most powerful.

Although I really would like to fight someone apart from the romans when I'm playing them.

Avicenna
07-24-2006, 04:33
So, ZFM... do you just sit out the sieges? :inquisitive:

Kekvit Irae
07-24-2006, 04:44
The cash flow problem is fixed by bribing. A lot.

ZombieFriedNuts
07-24-2006, 19:12
I don’t sit out in sieges I love sieges I put some people on the walls to try open the gates and batter the walls down and then charge with the armored cavalry.

gardibolt
07-27-2006, 20:22
Makes sense; when I played ERE, the Sassanids were the only faction that gave me a hard time (and for a while there, I thought I might lose to them). If the AI version kicks butt like that, I can't imagine how easy they'd be to play.

Cras
07-28-2006, 15:06
I used to make these all cavelry armies that would pave the way for my normal armies (with ground troops), the would become even more invinsable with their silver chevrons.

I did however have problem with the cities, I can remember once being truly killed on the walls and trying to get in wityh my horses. So I wait it out for a while and when they get weaker I take the cities.