PDA

View Full Version : Heavy onagers

orangat
07-28-2006, 23:04
Is there any difference between the normal and heavy onagers? Do they fire less accurately or have a lower rate of fire compared to normal onagers?

orangat
07-28-2006, 23:14
From the stats file, I don't see any difference apart from the damage and number of crew.

Oaty
07-28-2006, 23:15
They bring down walls quicker plus 2 regualrs will probably make about 2 breaches for you where as 2 heavies might reward you with 3 breaches

EDIT: As far as accuracy and units it should be all the same and I do believe even minimum damage for both will/should kill elephants in 1 shot, whereas the ballista/arrow class boltthrowers usually take more than 1 shot unless they are modded.

Kekvit Irae
07-28-2006, 23:30
The only difference besides the obvious is that onagers have "boulder" as ammunition and heavy onagers have "big_boulder". Anyone want to test and see if the big_boulder gives a wider kill radius (flaming and non-flaming)?
Both the onagers and heavy onagers have the same amount of ammo, unfortunately.

The Spartan (Returns)
07-29-2006, 01:10
they actually have larger range.

Grey_Fox
07-29-2006, 01:20
I do believe they are less accurate.

orangat
07-29-2006, 01:55
they actually have larger range.

No they don't. At least not for vanilla versions of rtw abd bi.

I've looked into the stats file and found that the range is 300. Heavy onagers have 36 shots in bi and 30 for normal onagers, rtw has 30 shots for both.

From my testing, it looks like the firing rate is the same when pounding away at a wall. And accuracy seems to be roughly similar by eyeballing the damage on a static infantry unit.

The Spartan (Returns)
07-29-2006, 01:59
what? i could fire farther with a heavy onager than a regular onager

orangat
07-29-2006, 02:02
what? i could fire farther with a heavy onager than a regular onager

That can't be right. Maybe you were on a hill or something.
From my testing, the enemy had to push their onagers forward to approximately the same position to start firing.

Besides the stats file has the range - 300 for all onagers in both rtw and bi.