PDA

View Full Version : Adding Ancillaries

irishron2004
08-09-2006, 00:40
I am trying to add a priest ancillary to a temple that I setup for a faction. To be specific, I am trying to add to Lusted's TE based on i.5. I was able to add the temple form shrine through pantheon and make them work. When I tried to give this temple complex a separate ancillary I ran into ctd's. I went back through all the files to correct my mistakes. I wish the "-show_err" would give an error message before crashing. I used Isis's files as a step to try to get it right. After trying this for three hours, the only differences I made to minimize mistakes was change the name of the temple and the FactionType.
The rest of the ancillary triggers seem to be the same. Any ideas and/or suggestions, please. Also my recycle bin is full of map.rwms. Thank you.

Myrddraal
08-09-2006, 23:57
Its hard to say without seeing what you've done. Maybe you could post some quotes of the relevant triggers?

When does it CTD?

irishron2004
08-10-2006, 01:01
I quit fighting it. This morning, I put in my backup files. This got me back to where my problems started. I am trying to add a priest ancillary for a temple in Bactria. This is in Lusted's Terrae Expugnandae mod. Since the temple is being used by more then one faction, tha ancillary trigger does not seem to work. In the *\data\export_descr_ancillary.txt are the triggers for the ancillaries trigger trigger_priest_of_Demeter. one of the conditions is And FactionType. I played enough turns to realize it only recognizes (or seems so after 30 turns) the firsrt faction entry. Adding a second And FactionType line seems to be just ignored. Is there a way to use an ancillary for two seperate factions? I saw a ExcludeCultures switch, is ther a ExcludeFactions switch?