PDA

View Full Version : RTW: Gold help

Bouketsu
08-18-2006, 06:18
Okay.. I followed that one instruction where you need to extract all the files into a new folder in order to escape the patch glitch of the gold edition.. However.. When I ran the program, everything was fine.. Then when it was about to advance from the start screen with the brownish map, it says I'm missing a file.. MSSL something. Any body have any clues as to what I did wrong? :help:

orwell
08-18-2006, 06:24
Corrupted download most likely, try downloading it again, maybe with a download manager.

Bouketsu
08-18-2006, 06:28
Well, I did download from the EB server. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. Should I try bit torrent this time or some other site?

orwell
08-18-2006, 15:25
It doesn't matter where its from, it got corrupted during the download. The original file is, or at least should be, fine. Just redownload it from the EB server using a something like flashget and it should completely download. Torrents aren't as prone to a faulty download quite as much as a download using IE, but there can still be problems. Not to mention unless there's plenty of seeders, it's probably going to be a much slower download.

Bouketsu
08-18-2006, 21:47
Lol, thanks but I think I just discovered the problem... There was a program file called activision, then the creative assembly. I used activision instead of creative essembly, so that was probably the problem lol. Gotta be more careful next time, I suppose. :oops:

Bouketsu
08-18-2006, 22:23
Yay another problem! Lol. Well I tried running it again, only the screen didn't go up this time and I got an error that said this.

Status bar: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

Description: Another program is currently running this file. *Followed by OKAY button.*

I'm not running another program of it or anything, so I honestly don't know what's wrong this time. ^ ^;

:EDIT:
I tried it with the RTW link this time, it loaded and everything but then it just crashed with no error report or anything..

Bouketsu
08-19-2006, 03:45
Is anybody out there? Or is this kind of a unresolvable problem? Lol

Sir Weinershnizle
08-20-2006, 02:12
okay.. im having a similar problem..

i have gold aswell..

this is what i did.. i uninstalled rome and Bi, then i reinstalled Rome(gold) without the Bi Disk included, then i installed patch 1.2, then installed EB 7.2..

when i start the game.. i get

error

script error in data/descr_sm_settlements.txt, at line 304, column 1.

expected culture type, found nomad

any help is greatly appreciated..

Bouketsu
08-20-2006, 04:50
Are you sure you put it into a seperate folder? You're supposed to uninstall all versions of RTW, re-install the gold version. Then go into your total war folder and copy all the folders (except BI) into a new folder of your decision which is clear. Then you extract the patch into that folder, and then EB, and so on. That's probably the error you're having.
I however, have done all this, and for some reason mine crashes mysteriosly with no error reports when it reaches the start screen. So far noone has really helped me so much. =P

Bouketsu
08-20-2006, 05:14
Lol, this has become quite bothersome. I'm uninstalling EB then I discover somehow that my RTW folder is empty. Somehow I must've stupidly done this beforehand... Well I'll have to do this all over again... This time I'm triple checking lol.

Bouketsu
08-20-2006, 06:20
Okay... I'm done with this... Lol... I've tried so many things, I have tripple checked this thing and more.. There are no flaws. I installed everything in the seperate folder, installed the patches etc... I just plain give up on this. =/ Really wish I could have played though, it looked interesting. At least I tried.

Trithemius
08-20-2006, 10:10
The next version to be released is 1.5 compatible, if nothing is working you can always come back when it out?

Bouketsu
08-20-2006, 19:16
That would be cool. =3 Hope it comes out soon, 'till then I'm going back to RTR lol.