PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Add Family Members?

The Spartan (Returns)
08-18-2006, 22:20
i made a united roman faction but i would like to add general Pyrrhus of Epirus for the greeks. (in the desr_strat.txt)
of course i added him in but i dont know how to add him in the family. any help?

Mikhal
08-20-2006, 09:37
I've also tried to add a custom general to a faction but only got to the strat file. have you managed to select an avatar for him?

Makanyane
08-20-2006, 15:01
Spartan, you need to make them named_character then fit them in relatives section

character_record Amulius Julius, male, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 13, alive, never_a_leader
character_record Manius Julius, male, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 10, alive, never_a_leader
character_record Decius Julius, male, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 7, alive, never_a_leader
character_record Marcus Julius, male, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 3, alive, never_a_leader
character_record Faustina, female, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 48, alive, never_a_leader
character_record Poppaea, female, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 29, alive, never_a_leader
character_record Alypia, female, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 29, alive, never_a_leader
character_record Claudia, female, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 28, alive, never_a_leader
character_record Fadia, female, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 13, alive, never_a_leader

relative Flavius Julius, Faustina, Lucius Julius, Quintus Julius, Vibius Julius, end
relative Lucius Julius, Poppaea, Fadia, Decius Julius, Marcus Julius, end
relative Quintus Julius, Alypia, Amulius Julius, end
relative Vibius Julius, Claudia, Manius Julius, end
Character record section are children who have not come of age and wives, if your guy is on map he won't be in there however you may need to delete a younger child from that section / add wife if you can't fit everyone you want in existing family structure.

the relative section works like
relative a=faction leader, b=his wife, c=his eldest child, d=2nd eldest, e=3rd eldest, f=youngest, end
relative eldest son of faction leader (c if male), his wife, his children in age order, end
relative 2nd oldest son of faction leader (d if male), his wife, his children in age order, end etc

Limitations on family tree section are each couple can only have 4 children, children have to be listed in relative section correctly in age order, there is a required age gap between age of dad and son - not sure exactly what but expect at least 16 years. (Also obviously names need to be included in factions section in names.txt etc, assume you've already checked that)

Mikhal, I think Alexander has facility to give generals custom avatar but don't think RTW / BI does.