PDA

View Full Version : Questions Galore (4)

Melea Lord
08-19-2006, 11:54
1) Can I make Yubtseb eliphants capable of smashing any wall (stone, epic etc.) cause they don't fit through the damn doors!?

2) Can I make riders of elephants that can shoot arrows can shoot fire arrows as well?

3) If "2" ain't possible can I make a special ability to kill your eliphant mount if it's running amok (not for yubtseb as I have deletd that section of Descr_Units allowing them to run amok)?

4) Would it be possible to have both "2" and "3"?

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Publius
08-19-2006, 14:49
1) Im not really sure, tell you the truth. A question probably to pose to the FATW, as they worked out the destructable buildings to my knowledge.

2) I think fire arrows are tied to the infantry archers - not certain on this but I think it is hardcoded.

3) What do you mean? I thought this was already in the game . . .

Melea Lord
08-19-2006, 17:36
It certainly ain't.

Well I'll go check, ain't used an elephant since I upgraded it (cept Yubtseb).

EDIT: Nope, they have no special ability.

SECOND EDIT: I hope more people post.

wlesmana
08-19-2006, 18:58
1. Not stone walls. Hardcoded.
2. No.
3. If it can run-amok and an elephant, you can kill it if it does.
4. Nope.

Myrddraal
08-19-2006, 19:45
What wlesmana said.

If it's an elephant and it can run amok, the special ability appears automatically I believe.

You can't have more than one special ability.

Melea Lord
08-19-2006, 20:51
Yep, your right. Poor beasts. I zoomed in when I pressed it and they stabbed them in the head! It's was horrible. Anyhow it's a bit stupid the riders die. However archer riders when their arrows are gone and their eles they ain't got another weapon! (Export_Descr_Units, primary weapon = Bow, secondary weapon = ele, no such thing as tertiary weapon) so they might as well!

Is there any way I can make it possible for yubtseb eliphants to be able get into a stone walled settlement without adjusting the Yubtseb's size?

Oh and another question!

The armies you save when in custom battles are saved in the preset folder. Well I want to copy some armies from one roman faction to the other 3 roman factions. All the Roman factions have the same units (I modded the Export_Descr_Unit file). I have copied them over but they don't even show up on custom battle. Can this be done? How? Please say yes and tell me it took me ages to get all the armies done.