PDA

View Full Version : Creating a second Directory

Divine Wind
08-20-2006, 18:26
Hello,

I was just wondering how i can go about creating a second directory of RTW 1.2, so i can install EB.

I already have RTR Gold installed on my machine, and i cant uninstall it as my dad is playing a Roman campaign, and doesnt want me to delete it. I tried clicking the setup.exe directly on the cd, however this just brings up the uninstall option.

Is there any other way i can do it? Any suggestions would be welcomed, as ive been waiting patiently from a break from work to give your fantastic looking mod a go.

Bonny
08-20-2006, 18:37
Copy the RTR Gold directory to a place somewhere else on your harddrive (after that make sure that it works).
Now you should have two working RTR Gold directorys.
Uninstall RTR from the original one. Now you should have a working RTW 1.2 directory (please check it) and a working RTR Gold.

Explain your father why his rtr shortcuts are no longer working and show him how to start his rtr now :sweatdrop:, or make it easier and make a new RTR shortcut onthe desktop.

Install EB on the RTW 1.2 Folder

Play :2thumbsup:

Cheexsta
08-21-2006, 05:38
Do as Bonny suggested. However, uninstalling RTR is not easy, unfortunately. I have just posted a solution to RTR uninstallation over at the TWC, you may want to check it out (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59481). In your situation, though, you can make a copy of the RTR folder before reinstalling RTW.

Divine Wind
08-21-2006, 20:41
Thanks for the very prompt answers chaps!

Copy the RTR Gold directory to a place somewhere else on your harddrive (after that make sure that it works).
Now you should have two working RTR Gold directorys.
Uninstall RTR from the original one. Now you should have a working RTW 1.2 directory (please check it) and a working RTR Gold.

I cant believe i didnt think of that!

Thanks a lot, my dad will be happy hes not losing his beloved Roman Empire :laugh4:

I'll give it a shot tommorow!