PDA

View Full Version : Problem starting EB

legacy0100
08-22-2006, 06:53
I have RTW Gold. I found the FAQ instructions of how to make it work. But two of the links ('settlement.txt' and 'preference.txt') are down and I don't have any other means to download them from elsewhere.

Please help.

orwell
08-22-2006, 08:17
Preference.txt is just recommended EB settings, which I believe is just auto management for all cities without a governor. Settlement.txt..... not too sure, I don't think its something you need to worry about, unless the game doesn't start at all?

Bonny
08-22-2006, 16:57
They are on again, and yes, preference.txt is only to get the EB default settings (mostly the because of the backround fmv)

Moros
08-22-2006, 16:58
Preference.txt is just recommended EB settings, which I believe is just auto management for all cities without a governor. Settlement.txt..... not too sure, I don't think its something you need to worry about, unless the game doesn't start at all?
settlement.txt isn't that the file describing the settlement plans? I don't believe EB changes them so he might need them.

Bonny
08-22-2006, 17:02
settlement.txt isn't that the file describing the settlement plans? I don't believe EB changes them so he might need them.

EB didn't change this file, but RTW 1.5 does, so you have to replace it with the one from 1.2 in oder to play EB on RTW Gold :book:

legacy0100
08-22-2006, 17:17
When i start the game, it gives me the settlement txt not found, culture:barbarian.

So yes, I do need them :p

Thx bonny.

P.S. I just installed BI patch 1.6. Does this mean I have to reinstall BI again?

p.p.s. the link still doesn't work.

p.p.p.s. Would you just recommend me to wait for version 0.80 instead? Because I got time.

Bonny
08-22-2006, 17:37
1. No you don't need to reinstall again, just follow the guide

2. is going to be replaced...

3. Hard to say...

Pro workaraound:
You can play EB now

Contra workaround:
You can't play the barbarian factions without getting many CTD's
You don't have banners on the stratmap
some other things my don't work, too
EB 0.8 maybe out in 2 weeks (or three or four, it's hard to tell what "soon" means on EB terms)

Moros
08-23-2006, 15:02
1. No you don't need to reinstall again, just follow the guide

2. is going to be replaced...

3. Hard to say...

Pro workaraound:
You can play EB now

Contra workaround:
You can't play the barbarian factions without getting many CTD's
You don't have banners on the stratmap
some other things my don't work, too
EB 0.8 maybe out in 2 weeks (or three or four, it's hard to tell what "soon" means on EB terms)
Well we're quite sure it will be within 3 earth years. ~;)