PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or are the Britons constantly invading Germania in every campaign?

Mr Durian
08-29-2006, 08:57
Which blows cause once they conquer Germania easily they go for me and I end fighting the Gauls and Britons simultaneously. Plus I never have the chance to go the historic route and fight the Germanian hordes.

Barbarossa82
08-29-2006, 11:23
Yes, it's ridiculous. One of the problems is the fact that chariots are overpowered. Try taking Samarobriva away from the Brits and disbanding their navy and they should stay on their island for decades. You can do this yourself in descr_strat.txt if you're up for a bit of basic modding, else my own mini-mod, Vanilla Balance Mod, does this as part of its changes to the game.

roman pleb
08-30-2006, 00:34
Yep. They always overtake Germania. It's the stupid chariots that the Britons have. Of course, every barbarian tribe will naturally succumb to the unstoppable Roman killing machine anyways...

Celt Centurion
09-20-2006, 08:10
Greetings Roman Pleb,

Good to wire to you again.

An exception would be if YOU are the Britons, and do not desire to attack Germania, but, in that case, Germania will attack you!

I have played as Barbarians in the modes of Germans, Britons, and Gauls. My problem is not in defeating the Roman military force, but rather the unrest when barbarians take over the Roman provinces.

I mentioned on another thread that I finally was unable to unlock my other factions.

I'm presently playing as the Scythians, but doubt I'll go beyond the short campaign.

The highest building I can construct is the High King's Hall, at a population level of 6,000. Problem is the population continues to increase.

I also recall fighting Scythians earlier who had chariots and female horse archers, but with every building available to me built, (except the taverns) I can still only get horse archers, super HAs, barbarian cavalry, and Nobles Cavalry.

I've found that when I build taverns, drunkeness become a real problem with family members.

Strength and Honor,

Celt Centurion

Yep. They always overtake Germania. It's the stupid chariots that the Britons have. Of course, every barbarian tribe will naturally succumb to the unstoppable Roman killing machine anyways...

x-dANGEr
09-29-2006, 09:52
I suggest you replace the Briton's charitos with a normal cavalry unit. That should spice things up ~;)

Azog 150
09-29-2006, 16:03
Im playing as the Parthians, but there are some strange things going on in the West:
spain, gaul and carthage are allied. Carthage hasnt been overun by the Scipii and its 140bc.

The julii and the rest of the romans have been at war with the germans from about 165bc onwards.

The britons went straight for gaul at about 168bc and they are allied with germania.

Trouble is im off in the east so i cant really tell what is happeneing over there, but that is how the diplomatic realtions are going anyway.

Quillan
09-29-2006, 16:18
In every game of RTW I ever played, Britannia wound up at war with Germania, Gaul, or both at once. They usually conquered whatever the Julii failed to take. Sometimes they'd go after Germania first, and sometimes they'd go straight after Gaul, but they'd always eventually get around to the other. I never tried modding them so they didn't start with Samarobriva, which I understand tends to keep them on their island. Perhaps that's why RTR removed them as a faction.

MSB
09-30-2006, 15:52
Every single game in vanilla within two turns Germania and Briton is at WAR! They seem to have an eternal hatred with each other. The best thing to do to stop a war between them is to take away Germania's border province with the Britons OR take away the British border province with Germania OR both. I always hated that issue in vanilla. That's why I now play EB all the time!