PDA

View Full Version : No Marian reforms?

Pretorian
08-29-2006, 10:44
Hi all
I dont know if this is the place to ask this, but in my game of Rome total war with 1.2 patch I cant get the marian reforms (playing with julli).
I have conquered france, spain, england and most of germania and still no reforms...
In the italian peninsula I have a city with 21.000 people as I heard that we must have a big city for the reforms to happen but so far no luck.
Is there a date for the reforms to happen or is there something I must do ingame for them to become active?
thanks for any help given

Andres
08-29-2006, 11:29
I think it happens when a Roman city reaches the "Huge City" level (when there's an imperial palace built).

Btw, welcome to the Org. ~:wave: :balloon2:

Raz
08-29-2006, 12:43
He's not that new. :laugh4:

... I don't know how I can find that funny either.

Pretorian
08-29-2006, 14:49
I think it happens when a Roman city reaches the "Huge City" level (when there's an imperial palace built).

I have the "pro-consul palace" or something familiar. Is this the one?
With 21000 persons in the city should't it be huge by now?
I think this might be a bug :(

Andres
08-29-2006, 14:52
You reach huge city-level on 24.000 inhabitants.

Hm, you joined in january 2006? How comes you are still a "junior" member?

Epistolary Richard
08-29-2006, 14:58
In v1.2 there is an additional 'random' element after you've built a Proconsul's palace.

Pretorian
08-29-2006, 15:29
Hm, you joined in january 2006? How comes you are still a "junior" member?

I was away for some time, been back reeinstaled the game and forgot a lot about it, thats why I'm making this questions.
Thanks for the help everyone:2thumbsup:

bedlam28
08-29-2006, 16:26
Hi everyone,
Slightly off the tangent, but I'm playing as Britannia, and I've destroyed the Gauls and Germans: Spain has just attacked me and broken our alliance and i'm unable to get Dacia to ally with me as I'm too much of a risk.
I've been able to keep the Julii from landing in Narbo Martis or Massilia by constantly whooping their landing parties but am concerned that they will become too strong if they get their Reforms before I destroy Spain.
Does the AI have a particular date that I can look out for if AI are all the roman factions or perhaps I will see the info box when the Reform takes place?
or will I just get a big surprise ??

Ciaran
08-29-2006, 17:48
In v1.2 there is an additional 'random' element after you've built a Proconsul's palace.

Well, that´s news to me. I thought the reforms in 1.2 occured when an Imperial Palace was built in one of the Italy provinces and the clock had hit 220 BC already.

Bedlam: You´ll not get notified when the Reforms occur, but you´ll nevertheless recognize it as your family members´ bodyguards get upgraded (As Britons I think you´ll lose your chariots and get horseback-mounted bodyguards, but I might be wrong there - I´ve never played with the Britons).

Other than that, you´ll start coming across the upgraded legionairs.

Caius
08-29-2006, 20:30
Hi all
I dont know if this is the place to ask this, but in my game of Rome total war with 1.2 patch I cant get the marian reforms (playing with julli).
I have conquered france, spain, england and most of germania and still no reforms...
In the italian peninsula I have a city with 21.000 people as I heard that we must have a big city for the reforms to happen but so far no luck.
Is there a date for the reforms to happen or is there something I must do ingame for them to become active?
thanks for any help given
Seems to be a bug in the game or a change in the descr_events.txt file(in this file all historical events will apear), check your imperial_campaign folder.

Spart
08-30-2006, 13:48
I never looked at my population levels when my reforms came about, All I know is that it happened to me roughly seventy-eighty turns into the game, possibly it is to do with the date instead of the population of a city,