PDA

View Full Version : Gotta have more Mafia [Concluded]

Pages : [1] 2

Sasaki Kojiro
08-30-2006, 01:03
Ok, I have no patience waiting to see the result from the other mafia game, and besides it's not fair that the General never gets to play, so I'm starting another game. First 22 to sign up get to play, +1 reserved spot for GH makes 23 players total. Everyone will have a role, some weak some strong I believe it's mostly balanced though (it's similar to a format I saw used in a game on another forum). There will be mafia, doctor(s), cop(s), Masons, over a dozen different roles all told. The exact roles I won't tell you.

I will reveal each persons role when they have been lynched. Being lynched requires a majority, once the majority has been reached the person is considered dead even if someone unvotes afterwards. If too much time has gone by and there is no majority the person with the most votes will be executed.

The mafia agree on one person to kill each day, instead of each killing someone. They will write at least part of the murder description.

Rules:

Bold all votes, like this: Vote:Sasaki

Please unvote before changing vote

No posting after you're dead

Don't quote, forward, or take screenshots of any pm's from me. If you want to convince people of your role you will have to do it through your own eloquence.

Due to the nature of this game, I'm going to be cautious about accepting people who lurked last game. You can sign up, but you have to convince me you'll actively participate this time (shouldn't be to hard to do). Please check your calender to see if you are going on vacation for a week or something.

Signed up:

GeneralHankerchief
Reenk Roink
Crazed Rabbit
Orb
Divinus Arma
Cowhead418
Ice
Tiberius
discovery1
Kommodus
Lemur
evil_maniac_from_mars
Wonderland
SSNeoperestroika
Ignoramus
B_Ray
Drisos
Zalmoxis
Sigurd Fafnesbane
Silver Rusher
doc_bean
Dutch_Guy
gertgreggor

Signups Closed. Pm's sent. Send me the required info for the first night if that's part of your role. Pm me any questions.

GeneralHankerchief
08-30-2006, 01:07
Yay. Now I get to outsmart you all.

Thank you very much Sasaki. :2thumbsup:

Reenk Roink
08-30-2006, 01:10
Reenkmeister is in again. I'm hooked... :sweatdrop:

Wait: I'm going to have to make a new list...

Crazed Rabbit
08-30-2006, 01:10
Well, I guess I'll have a go too.

No revealing screenies, eh? That should make this interesting...:2thumbsup:

Crazed Rabbit

Orb
08-30-2006, 01:14
The Grand Mufti: Orb enters play!

:cheers:

Sasaki Kojiro
08-30-2006, 01:18
Yay. Now I get to outsmart you all.

Thank you very much Sasaki. :2thumbsup:

Hee, good thing I reserved you a spot. I have a feeling this thing is going to overwhelm me with private messages.

Divinus Arma
08-30-2006, 01:21
Sign me up oh dark one.

edit: And all lurkers must die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GeneralHankerchief
08-30-2006, 01:22
Hee, good thing I reserved you a spot. I have a feeling this thing is going to overwhelm me with private messages.

I would advise not to send copies to "Sent Mail" as well as only replying when one is needed (I never reply to the mafia's PMs unless there's a problem). You're a mod, your massive inbox should be able to handle it. :juggle2:

Cowhead418
08-30-2006, 01:23
I'm in.:2thumbsup:

Ice
08-30-2006, 02:32
First Game I went on a cruise
Second Game I was in Europe
Third game I was back home visiting

This game I'll be active because I'll be at college sitting around during classes with nothing better to do.

Sign me up.

Avicenna
08-30-2006, 02:44
I'm in.

discovery1
08-30-2006, 02:57
I sign up.

Kanamori
08-30-2006, 03:12
I might sit down and watch this one, but oh, I am skeptical.:inquisitive:

Kommodus
08-30-2006, 03:15
Alright, I'll try this one, it seems different.

Lemur
08-30-2006, 03:21
Lemur reporting for duty. A suggestion -- since this is a different vein from GH's Mafia, perhaps we should call it Cosa Nostra?

Sasaki Kojiro
08-30-2006, 03:26
Mafia is a well established game with lots of variations, all of which are called mafia (or Werewolf, be we aren't playing with werewolves).

Kanamori, what do you mean exactly?

Kanamori
08-30-2006, 03:36
It was, to me at least, a light-hearted way of saying: "I've dismissed the Mafia games w/o ever looking at them too closely, and now I'm kind of interested, but the hype makes me cautious. I'll make the comittment to watch but not to participate." Ie, ignore my post.:tongue2:

Evil_Maniac From Mars
08-30-2006, 04:08
Count me in.

Dooz
08-30-2006, 04:13
Wonderland shall participate.

scotchedpommes
08-30-2006, 04:58
I would be interested in taking part also.

Ignoramus
08-30-2006, 05:10
Seeing as I'm dead in the other Mafia game, I most definitely will join.

B-Wing
08-30-2006, 05:58
I'd love to play. Hurrah for GeneralHankerchief! ~:cheers:

Drisos
08-30-2006, 06:29
I'm in.

no 22 lol.. just in time!:laugh4:

edit: hmmm not.. GHC posted as well so there's a few spaces left.

Zalmoxis
08-30-2006, 08:16
I wanna try!

Sigurd
08-30-2006, 08:32
Sign me up... :2thumbsup:

Silver Rusher
08-30-2006, 10:23
Sign me up, please.

doc_bean
08-30-2006, 11:37
I wanna give it a try, if there's still room.

Silver Rusher
08-30-2006, 11:40
Before I forget;

You may want to sign The Stranger up. He asked to be notified in the other thread when the next mafia starts and as it is unlikely that he will get here before the other 2 spaces are filled it is only fair that he is signed up anyway.

EDIT: Sasaki, you seem to have missed me out from your list. Is there a problem? I assure you I won't be going on holiday any time soon and so I will actively participate if that's what it is.

Dutch_guy
08-30-2006, 12:04
I'm in, if there's still room that is. :2thumbsup:

:balloon2:

Sasaki Kojiro
08-30-2006, 12:09
Sorry SV, I got caught up trying to spell Fafnesbane and forgot you.

Sasaki Kojiro
08-30-2006, 16:02
C'mon, just one more.

Moros
08-30-2006, 16:14
I'll participate but if the stranger wants to join he can take my place.

Silver Rusher
08-30-2006, 16:34
Woohoo.

Sasaki Kojiro
08-30-2006, 17:07
All PM's sent. Send me whatever, if that is something your role requires.

pm me any questions also.

Sasaki Kojiro
08-31-2006, 17:06
It had been a long day on the job for discovery1. Driving a bus is a mind numbing job, and towards the end of the of the day he became tired and began to make mistakes. His first mistake was getting to of his routes mixed up. His second mistake was far more serious—he picked up the wrong passenger at the wrong time. It was late at night and the bus was empty. Discovery1 was hailed by a cloaked figure along a stretch of road that had no regular stops. He pulled over anyway. The stranger sat in silence for a while, his brooding manner disturbed disco. He began attempting to make small talk. Halfway through his chatter about the weather the stranger stood up. Disco’s eyes were on the road and he did not notice as the man pulled a hammer out from beneath his cloak. The man said in a low voice: “You are the beginning. Be glad of that honor". Disco turned to look at him…

Divinus Arma was sleeping peacefully. Suddenly he was wakened by a great racket from the downstairs kitchen. He walked quietly down the stairs, opened the door, and gasped…

Silver Rusher had stopped for food at his favorite restaurant. He had enjoyed his meal, but would have enjoyed it more had it not been for the feeling that the owner was watching him. His waitress seemed nervous somehow, something he couldn’t quite put his finger on. He left the restaurant and began his walk back to his home, thoughts of his loved one ever present in his mind. It was strange how the streetlights seemed to blur together into one…

Tiberius was entertaining some of his friends in his large mansion. While they partied on, a man in a trench coat scaled the wall of the garden. Sneaking through the bushes until he reached the edge of a clearing the man assembled his sniper rifle and took aim through the brightly lit window at the back of tiberius’s head…

The frontroom enquirer will have the details when it is finished printing. Hint: not all of them died...

Sasaki Kojiro
08-31-2006, 17:45
FRONTROOM ENQUIRER

The people of the town were roused from their beds last night at the sound of an explosion on main street. A runaway bus collided with a large barrel that had been left in the middle of the street. Surprisingly no one died in the accident. According to the forensic experts both the corpses found at the scene were already dead before the collision. Silver Rusher had been bound and helpless inside the barrel of oil which had been set on fire, and discovery1 seems to have died from severe head trauma.

Divinus Arma was one of the few who was not awakened by the explosion. He had woken up in the middle of the night by an intruder in his house. Going downstairs to the kitchen, he discovered to his horror that all of his beer had been stolen. There was garbage strewn everywhere. He called the police, but they were not able to respond immediately because they were answering another call.

Tiberius had phoned the police after an attempt on his life. He had had friends over to dinner, and afterwards they were entertaining themselves in the living room. One of his friends stepped outside for a smoke, and saw the glint of the gun barrel in the bushes just in time to shout a warning to Tiberius. The assassin missed and vanished into the night.

A Funeral was held that same day for discovery1 and Silver Rusher. Afterwards the mayor got up and made a speech: “These murders must stop” he said, and it was decided that one person would be democratically executed each day until the perpetrators were dead. Voting was about to begin when screams were heard from the cemetery. Rushing to the scene, the villagers discovered the body of Drisos, who had apparently swallowed a vial of potion and stabbed himself with a dagger at the foot of Silver Rusher’s grave.

In other news, are you using the correct kind of fish bait for the weather? Today is quite sunny, and…

Killed(2):
Discovery1 (Bus Driver)
Silver Rusher (Italian Mafioso + Romeo)

Suicide(1):
Drisos (Juliet)

Executed(0):

Alive (20):
GeneralHankerchief
Reenk Roink
Crazed Rabbit
Orb
Divinus Arma
Cowhead418
Ice
Tiberius
Kommodus
Lemur
evil_maniac_from_mars
Wonderland
SSNeoperestroika
Ignoramus
B_Ray
Zalmoxis
Sigurd Fafnesbane
doc_bean
Dutch_Guy
gertgregoor

Voting may now begin. With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

Silver Rusher
08-31-2006, 17:54
God Dammit!!!

Sasaki Kojiro
08-31-2006, 17:57
Ah well, bad luck you know. Someone has to die on the first day. You townspeople are going to have to work a bit faster than in the other game. Lynching too many townspeople could be fatal.

Silver Rusher
08-31-2006, 18:01
But I don't understand what happened to DA and I don't see why Tiberius didn't die.

Dutch_guy
08-31-2006, 18:05
But I don't understand what happened to DA and I don't see why Tiberius didn't die.

It appears that at least Tiberius was saved, and I'd say the same would count for DA (beer stolen ?). Maybe the work of a lifesaver ?

EDIT: Lifesaver may be a bad word, Doctor would be better

There will be mafia, doctor(s), cop(s), Masons, over a dozen different roles all told. The exact roles I won't tell you.

Silver Rusher
08-31-2006, 18:10
Or maybe Tiberius was a kung-fu master kind of character able to kill whoever tried to kill them.

Dutch_guy
08-31-2006, 18:13
Or maybe Tiberius was a kung-fu master kind of character able to kill whoever tried to kill them.

Not likely since the assassin vanished into the night.

Sasaki Kojiro
08-31-2006, 18:15
BTW GH, I've got 73 pm's sent and recieved from this already. I don't know how you managed when you had the small inbox. How many did it hold?

GeneralHankerchief
08-31-2006, 18:27
It originally had forty.

Many thanks for upgrading the size (I'm assuming you had something to do with it) btw. It is much appreciated. :bow:

~~~~

In-character: Gentlemen, I think we need to look at the roles revealed here. While I can't fathom anything from Disco's, but Silver's tells us a lot. First of all, he's the Italian Mafioso, which means that there are probably different families running around. While one is most likely gone or wounded, it's a sign that we need to tread carefully.

I withhold on voting until some other voices are heard.

Dutch_guy
08-31-2006, 18:34
In-character: Gentlemen, I think we need to look at the roles revealed here. While I can't fathom anything from Disco's, but Silver's tells us a lot. First of all, he's the Italian Mafioso, which means that there are probably different families running around. While one is most likely gone or wounded, it's a sign that we need to tread carefully.

I withhold on voting until some other voices are heard.

Does the Italian Mafioso mean he was murdered by one, or that he was one. I suspect the former, but wouldn't that mean that at least one mobster's dead ?

Moros
08-31-2006, 18:35
Hmm Well I don't think we have much clues at the moment. Just a question but what's a mason?

Silver Rusher
08-31-2006, 18:39
Hmm Well I don't think we have much clues at the moment. Just a question but what's a mason?
Must... not... reveal... anything... :skull: :skull: AAAAHHH!!!

GeneralHankerchief
08-31-2006, 18:40
Yes, I'm almost positive that Silver *was* a mafioso. But he was also probably killed by one as well.

Gert, looking it up on Wiki, a mason is somebody who knows everyone else's role.

Moros
08-31-2006, 18:41
oh okay. Thanks general. pff this is going to be a chaotic fast game if you ask me. oh boy.

Silver Rusher
08-31-2006, 18:42
Yes, I'm almost positive that Silver *was* a mafioso. But he was also probably killed by one as well.

Gert, looking it up on Wiki, a mason is somebody who knows everyone else's role.
No: Masons know eachothers' roles, therefore they know that each other mason is innocent. At least that's the way I understand it.

http://en.wiki.mafia.sebi.name/Mason

Yep, it's true.

Dutch_guy
08-31-2006, 18:54

Don't the members of the mafia know each other ?

IE not kill each other off...

Crazed Rabbit
08-31-2006, 18:56
So Silver Rusher was at least killed by the mafia. The death list lists him as romeo, too, and Drisos as juliet. Part of a the game, to have one character be forced to commit suicide when another died?

The mafia agree on one person to kill each day, instead of each killing someone. They will write at least part of the murder description.

So, multiple mafia families perhaps?

From the wiki, it seems Romeo was a mafia, and juliet a civilian. That would seem to mean Silver Rusher was mafia, if that site is relevant. And it would seem to mean multiple families. Oh joy.

Crazed Rabbit

Moros
08-31-2006, 19:02
Yeah, you can tell that again...
So who to vote...the texts are so short hard to find any clues of the mafia at all. Hmmm...

Silver Rusher
08-31-2006, 19:15
Yeah, you can tell that again...
So who to vote...the texts are so short hard to find any clues of the mafia at all. Hmmm...
coughlookcoughincoughacoughmirror

Dang that's a bad cough!

Dutch_guy
08-31-2006, 19:17

Dang that's a bad cough!

Yes it is, you should go see a doctor.

scotchedpommes
08-31-2006, 19:32
If that wiki is to be followed, Silver is aware of all mafia identities.

[Perhaps we should also be aware though that according
to Sasaki's rules, Silver should no longer be posting.]

Moros
08-31-2006, 20:06

Dang that's a bad cough!
mirror? huh?

GeneralHankerchief
08-31-2006, 20:19
Well, a few of us have been in the chat talking and have determined that this really doesn't give us enough information.

With that in mind, vote:Lemur just to annoy him.

Moros
08-31-2006, 20:23
I like to ennoy people!
Lemur it is!

doc_bean
08-31-2006, 20:52
Well DA without beer might be a dangerous thing...

but what the hell, I'll just vote: Lemur

Orb
08-31-2006, 21:06
I was trying to do this all through the other game:

VOTE: LEMUR

Dutch_guy
08-31-2006, 21:30
Nothing personal Lemur, but we might as well get this over quickly Vote:Lemur.

Moros
08-31-2006, 21:31
To ennoy him, can't you read? Tss silly dutch.
:dizzy:

Dooz
08-31-2006, 21:32
Vote: Lemur

A preemptive strike against whining and everything else that comes with it ~:wave: .

Dutch_guy
08-31-2006, 21:33
To ennoy him, can't you read? Tss silly dutch.

It seems you posted that while I was editing my post, so yeah, scrolling up told me what I needed to know - thanks anyway.

B-Wing
08-31-2006, 21:44
Wow, this is interesting. I would kind of like to check out Wikipedia's page on Mafia in order to get a better idea of what all roles might be in play here, but I think it will be more fun to figure them out ourselves. Revealing each player's role with their death removes some of the mystery and confusion, which is nice considering there's more to keep track of. Anyway...

Poor discovery, guy got killed in the very first round of the last Mafia game, too! ~;p Whoever killed him first this time is truly insidiously evil. Feel sorry for Drisos, too, killing himself when his lover Silver Rusher went down. Never would have guess he was gay... I wonder if the Juliet role is supposed to defend the mafioso they're tied to, and if that effectively makes them anti-town?

Also, the two deaths seemed as if they were coordinated. But if there are two rival mafia families, that can't be the case, right? I assume that the fact that discovery's bus collided into Silver Rusher's burning barrel was purely coincidental?

Anyway, it looks like Lemur will likely end up with the majority of the votes. And I'd personally like to see Lemur die for his behavior in the last Mafia game (which is still ongoing)... but, it would be no fun to let that carry over, and I'd rather everyone start with a clean slate. I have no, and never have had, hard feelings toward you, Lemur. :2thumbsup: So I'll vote GeneralHankerchief, that he can know what it feels like to be voted for, for the very first time.

vote: GeneralHankerchief

Divinus Arma
08-31-2006, 22:14
All of my beer is gone? There is only ONE person here who hates me enough to torture me like this:

VOTE: LEMUR

:laugh4:

Moros
08-31-2006, 22:19
It seems you posted that while I was editing my post, so yeah, scrolling up told me what I needed to know - thanks anyway.

for callin you silly?
Strange guy, funny and nice. But strange. TOugh I do no like you in the other mafi game.

Reenk Roink
08-31-2006, 22:34
gah!

Kommodus
08-31-2006, 22:51
Poor Lemur. I gonna Vote:doc_bean just to mix things up.

Crazed Rabbit
08-31-2006, 22:57
Someone stole DA's beer? :inquisitive:

Vote:Lemur

I figure I'll break my trend of not ever voting for him, and he's the only one who would do such a cruel thing to DA. Plus, we won't have the lengthy speils from him.

Crazed Rabbit

Sasaki Kojiro
08-31-2006, 23:01
Vote Count (11 to lynch):

Lemur: 8
GH: 1
doc_bean: 1

Orb
08-31-2006, 23:06
Post overidden by Sasaki :(

Sasaki Kojiro
08-31-2006, 23:41
Nah, because people can change votes if they wish. 10 will only be 50% and he'll need more than 50% to be lynched. 8 votes and he hasn't even had a chance to defend himself, poor guy.

Dutch_guy
08-31-2006, 23:46
for callin you silly?
Strange guy, funny and nice. But strange. TOugh I do no like you in the other mafi game.

No for understanding why everyone was voting for Lemur.

Just so you know, the voting shouldn't be taken personal, you're still my favorite Belgian - no worries.

Sigurd
08-31-2006, 23:59
Too little to work on… I suspect this game is on expert.
Therefore Bandwagon it is Vote:Lemur
let's hope you are Mafia. :sweatdrop:

Orb
09-01-2006, 00:00
O.k. (At Sasaki)

scotchedpommes
09-01-2006, 01:02
I see no reason in rushing to vote for Lemur at this early stage. [Even if he will
butcher everyone in that other town.] He is most likely doomed already, but I
will reserve my vote for the time being.

Ignoramus
09-01-2006, 01:32
Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him.

Cowhead418
09-01-2006, 02:18
Well, Lemur is going to be lynched anyway, so I might as well speed things up a bit. My vote is Lemur.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-01-2006, 02:26
That's 11. Voting is over. I'll post the execution tomorrow. People who have pm's to send me for night 2, send them.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-01-2006, 03:53
By order of The Mayor: The citizen Lemur has been imprisoned for the time being instead of lynched. Upon his release he will be voted on again.

The game will proceed, I still want the night 2 pm's from the relevent people.

Crazed Rabbit
09-01-2006, 04:02
What, now we're letting the accused defend themselves?! Soon you'll want a trial and actual evidence. ~;p

Crazed Rabbit

Sasaki Kojiro
09-01-2006, 04:05
I'm not the mayor ~:handball:

B-Wing
09-01-2006, 04:07
So the mayor can pardon condemned criminals? Well that's... interesting. Not sure I like that one. One guy has the ability to overturn everyone else's votes? Not sure that's gonna help us. I hope every person can only be pardoned once.

Crazed Rabbit
09-01-2006, 04:08
Ah.

Crazed Rabbit

Sasaki Kojiro
09-01-2006, 04:10
Sorry, I keep forgetting you guys haven't read the wiki. This is a role that should be explained:

The governor is a civilian who arrest (for a certain number of days) a person who is voted to be lynched at day. While being arrested, he still can discuss and vote, but -if he is a special role- can't do anything else. After being released, the town has to vote whether to kill him or not. How to play: After the town decided about who to lynch, the moderator asks the governor (of course, the other players have to close their eyes) if this person should be arrested or not. If arrested, the Mafia learns about the true identity.

Avicenna
09-01-2006, 04:21
The mafia learns the true identity how?

Sasaki Kojiro
09-01-2006, 04:29
I tell them, how else?

Avicenna
09-01-2006, 04:48
The governor is a civilian who arrest (for a certain number of days) a person who is voted to be lynched at day. While being arrested, he still can discuss and vote, but -if he is a special role- can't do anything else. After being released, the town has to vote whether to kill him or not. How to play: After the town decided about who to lynch, the moderator asks the governor (of course, the other players have to close their eyes) if this person should be arrested or not. If arrested, the Mafia learns about the true identity.

I meant this. What do you mean by that?

Lemur
09-01-2006, 04:52
Hmm. Interesting.

Sorry, I keep forgetting you guys haven't read the wiki.
I must be blind, 'cause looking back through the thread, I haven't spotted the link to the wiki. Repost, please?

B-Wing
09-01-2006, 05:08
I'm guessing he's refering to this:

http://en.wiki.mafia.sebi.name/Main_Page

Moros
09-01-2006, 08:25
complicated.

doc_bean
09-01-2006, 09:34
So...the mafia(s ?) can kill at least two guys a turn, and the villagers at most one ? This is going to be hard :help:

I am wondering, who would save Lemur at this point in the game ? And: can the mayor save himself ? :dizzy2:

Moros
09-01-2006, 09:44
In general H's games it was always 1 lynch and 2 mafia kills. But apparently it might even be 4 a turn.

Ignoramus
09-01-2006, 09:52
I think that there may be multiple Mafia families. Silver was "Italian" Mafia, so that points to other families.

Moros
09-01-2006, 10:23
As long as there isn't a canadian mafia...
~:inquisitive:

~;)

Orb
09-01-2006, 10:35
Well, it seems we can save at least one per turn, judging by tib.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-01-2006, 12:14
I meant this. What do you mean by that?

Supposedly the mafia have insiders in the prison who keep them informed and will have told them Lemurs role in the game.

Avicenna
09-01-2006, 12:41
Ah, so he's doomed to die at the hands of the rival mafiosi if he is freed?

Lemur
09-01-2006, 14:21
If I were mafia, then yes, the other families would know all about me by now. The truth is more prosaic, I'm afraid. However, there's one person who will be dancing a little jig. You'll find out about him shortly.

B-Wing
09-01-2006, 20:49
So only the mafia find out the role of imprissoned folk? The rest of us don't, right? I thought when you referred to Lemur as a "citizen", maybe you were saying he was innocent, but I guess that doesn't actually indicate anything.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-02-2006, 01:11
Kommodus was returning home from a night of fun, rather drunk. He barely has time to protest as he is violently dragged into a dark alleyway and thrown to the ground. His attacker standing over him, dark and grim, wearing a long coat, leather gloves, but no hat, a hammer held low at his side.

Kommodus- “What are you doing, who are you?”
Attacker - “Do you not know? It matters not. Are you ready?”
Kommodus “ready for what?”
Attacker - “To be transformed. You are the second whom I will send to him. He will make you talk; tell him that it was I who sent you.”
Kommodus “What the hell are you talking about?!”
Attacker - “Silence! Do not lie to him, his eye knows all! You are a worm lower than a maggot, the only meaning your life has is how I choose to end it.” “Accept him!” he roars at the sky, and sets into Kommodus with the hammer, such that dental records are of no use in identifying the body.

Gertgregoor was found dead in his home, seated at the dinner table. There were no signs of entry, and no signs of disturbance...save for the icepick sticking out of his skull...

Orb reports to the police that his house was broken into last night, however, after a lengthy search it appears only his collection of old newspapers was stolen.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-02-2006, 01:19
Killed(4):
Discovery1 (Bus Driver)
gertgregoor (cop)
Kommodus (mason)

Suicide(1):
Drisos (Juliet)

Executed(0):

Alive (18):
GeneralHankerchief
Reenk Roink
Crazed Rabbit
Orb
Divinus Arma
Cowhead418
Ice
Tiberius
Lemur (prison)
evil_maniac_from_mars
Wonderland
SSNeoperestroika
Ignoramus
B_Ray
Zalmoxis
Sigurd Fafnesbane
doc_bean
Dutch_Guy

The voting begins. With 18 alive, it's 10 to lynch.

GeneralHankerchief
09-02-2006, 03:05
Sasaki, how much do you edit the PMs sent to you telling how people killed? Do you leave it as is, or fix errors, or do the mafia not send you a method of killing at all?

Sasaki Kojiro
09-02-2006, 03:10
Sasaki, how much do you edit the PMs sent to you telling how people killed? Do you leave it as is, or fix errors, or do the mafia not send you a method of killing at all?

If there's no method I write it. If there is I cut and paste, with edits for context sometimes.

GeneralHankerchief
09-02-2006, 03:51
Gah, this is looking bad already.

We've lost probably either half or our entire police force, and Kommodus could be extremely helpful.

Gert's death seems extremely morbid, something Divinus Arma would do, but he's been proven innocent - he was asleep at the time of the explosion in Night One.

I know Cowhead's kill style from him being the mafia in my Game II, and this isn't it. At least, not Kommodus'. It could be Gert's.

An icepick sticking out of Gert's skull... it's most likely a frame aimed at Ice, but then again he could have orchestrated it himself and then claimed it was the perfect frame-up.

I will again withhold from voting until more discussion. The bits above are food for thought however.

B-Wing
09-02-2006, 07:35
Anyone want to venture a guess at what the cop role is? I didn't see an entry for it on the wiki.

Ignoramus
09-02-2006, 07:39
Maybe it's another name for the detective?

Sigurd
09-02-2006, 10:55
Do I notice a change in the posting style?
No targeted victims this time, just the result of last night’s activities.
I thought it significant with this interval… you know, to make time for someone to act in this interval before the kills getting posted.

Moros
09-02-2006, 11:18
Bugger.

B_ray: I can tell you. IT's the same as GH's detective. There might be more then one, I don't know.

doc_bean
09-02-2006, 11:33
Do I notice a change in the posting style?
No targeted victims this time, just the result of last night’s activities.
I thought it significant with this interval… you know, to make time for someone to act in this interval before the kills getting posted.

Perhaps this was done through PM ?

Moros
09-02-2006, 11:54
Can I tel who I investigated?

Silver Rusher
09-02-2006, 13:22
Can I tel who I investigated?
If the same rule applies as in GH's, no you can't. And I didn't see any specifications about that so I think the same rule still applies.

B-Wing
09-02-2006, 17:40
Well, Kojiro's rules at the beginning of the thread say,

No posting after you're dead.
I suppose merely commenting on the game is alright, but posting evidence would probably not make him happy. So out of repsect for Kojiro, I think the dead should not try to persuade the living. That's the way he intended for this particular game to be played, so we should go along with his rules. :2thumbsup:

GeneralHankerchief
09-02-2006, 18:13
Vote: B_Ray

I still have nothing to go on, so this is just a guess based on how he's posted in Mafia III. The fact that he voted for me has a little to do with it as well. I can be easily persuaded into changing my vote if somebody comes up with a good clue.

Also, I don't think it's Orb. His writing style on another forum doesn't match either of these kills.

doc_bean
09-02-2006, 18:30
Vote: Orb

Only two people got killed. Kommodus probably by the vigilante/serial killer (whatever there is out there). So that would only mean one mafia hit, while there are probably two mafia's. Orb got held up by the thief (according to the roles, he wouldn't be able to do an action that night), we have one kill less than expected. I say he's mafia.

GeneralHankerchief
09-02-2006, 18:36
You convinced me, Doc.

There were three murder attempts the first night. Tib got lucky because he was saved. This time there were only two attempts. Which means that somebody had to get held up. Now, the thief blocks a certain person's action that night. Simple math, don't know why I didn't see it before.

Unvote: B_Ray

Dutch_guy
09-02-2006, 19:07
That does make a lot of sense Doc Bean, you've obviously put some thought in it..

Crazed Rabbit
09-02-2006, 19:23
doc_bean has convinced me:

vote: Orb

Crazed Rabbit

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-02-2006, 20:14
Vote: SSNeoperestroika

Sorry, but when I think ice, I think Canadian...or Russian. And the name has a rather Russian ring to it. I know, my reasons are pathetic. :embarassed:

Cowhead418
09-02-2006, 22:49
You convinced me, Doc.

There were three murder attempts the first night. Tib got lucky because he was saved. This time there were only two attempts. Which means that somebody had to get held up. Now, the thief blocks a certain person's action that night. Simple math, don't know why I didn't see it before.

Unvote: B_Ray

Vote: OrbSo do we know that the thief targeted Orb because his newspapers were stolen? I'd assume so. Remember, however, that Silver Rusher was an Italian Mafioso, meaning that he probably conducted one of the attempts the first night. I will refrain from voting for now.

GeneralHankerchief
09-02-2006, 22:50
EMFM, excellent reasons for voting Orb have been established thanks to the work of doc_bean. And then you go vote SSNeo for a reason that's borderline meatballing.

Trying to protect your mafioso buddy, is that it?

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-02-2006, 23:07
Actually, I didn't read it. It is a good point, however. Now, remember, we do have multiple families, so it is also possible SS is the Mafia. It was more random guesswork though. Not to mention that Orb is going to be lynched anyways, so what does it matter? :juggle2:

Unvote: SS

Reenk Roink
09-02-2006, 23:11
I don't think you peeples should judge the guy who was at Orb's house so harshly. I mean come on, "thief" is just not right at all. This guy probably is dirt poor, and needs to live on what others waste. If the world were a more generous and fair place, he wouldn't have to go through others trash. Heck, he probably only took the newspapers to use as bedsheets, and also to rummage through the classifieds. Not only that, but this guy chose the right house and gave us an incredible clue on who the real criminals are. And yet he is demonized... :no:

This guy is a hero! :yes:

Society has failed this noble, noble individual... :shame:

Orb
09-02-2006, 23:37
Rules on the psycopath, from the wiki.

'He can kill any person at night, if he has not killed anybody the night before. He wins if three or less players are alive.'

Or perhaps the medic got lucky.

I don't see how on earth three families would work, too many mafia.

I will refrain from voting for now.

GeneralHankerchief
09-02-2006, 23:48
Night One: Silver gets killed off by the other family. Vigilante kills Disco. The Italians attempt to kill Tiberius, but the doctor or whoever gets lucky. Edit: By "gets lucky" I of course mean "picked the right person to save." :dizzy2:

Night Two: The Italians kill Gert. Vigilante kills Kommodus. Orb (the other family) *would have* hit a target but the thief neutralized him.

That's the way I see it so far. If you spot any flaws let me know.

doc_bean
09-02-2006, 23:50
'He can kill any person at night, if he has not killed anybody the night before. He wins if three or less players are alive.'

Yes, I read that too, however there is also the vigilante, and that character CAN kill one person each night. The murder is just so in line with the previous one that it's either a very good copy cat, or the same killer.

I admit the reasoning is not waterproof, the mob could have intended to kill the same person so only one person would have died from a mob hit, or one of the mafia's is trying to pin it on the serial killer. But I think there are reasonable grounds to accuse you, more reasonable than any other accusation I can think off. Sorry.

Orb
09-03-2006, 00:04
Or alternatively, Lemur could indeed be mafia or vigilante.

scotchedpommes
09-03-2006, 00:15
Or alternatively, Lemur could indeed be mafia or vigilante.

I was about to add, considering Lemur is in prison, that would effectively stop
him from carrying out any tasks. For that reason, I won't be jumping on the Orb
bandwagon. [It may well be that Lemur is our vigilante, given the comments
following his arrest.]

Vote: evil_maniac from mars

I commend you, evil one, the meatball was an odd one, if nothing else.

Ice
09-03-2006, 00:42
I'm convinced by the rest of you and am going to vote Orb.

Orb
09-03-2006, 01:12
Evil Maniac from Mars, how could you do this to your fellow Mafia just to save your own skin? No righteous Chinaman would ever do such a thing! Do you want the Italians to run this place?

I thus vote:EMFM. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

(btw - Lemur is the hunter)

Sigurd
09-03-2006, 01:15
Night One: Silver gets killed off by the other family. Vigilante kills Disco. The Italians attempt to kill Tiberius, but the doctor or whoever gets lucky. Edit: By "gets lucky" I of course mean "picked the right person to save." :dizzy2:

Night Two: The Italians kill Gert. Vigilante kills Kommodus. Orb (the other family) *would have* hit a target but the thief neutralized him.

That's the way I see it so far. If you spot any flaws let me know. This is a darn good theory... and I can't spot any.
therfore, Vote:Orb

[edit]:Wow! Orb ... you just incriminated yourself… my vote stands reinforced.

Orb
09-03-2006, 01:20
Phew, I posted in time to get my final words out:

I ask that my execution be done in the following manner -

- that I be buried alive, dug out while still alive and set free.

- failing that, I want to be put in a pit of toothless dogs and have my remains carried to the nearest brothel/pub to be desecrated by whores/drink after a few hours.

- failing that, I want to be placed in a pool of harmless jellyfish, given a hot drink and a bath and then crowned king of England.

If none of these is possible, I want the following eulogy:

Truly, this man is still alive living off the coast of Iran on a burning oil rig. Please go to finish the job. Bringing more than a rotting plank of wood to paddle on and some explosives is considered unfair.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-03-2006, 01:29
Vote count (10 to lynch):

Orb: 7
EMFM: 2

Orb
09-03-2006, 01:44
Oh, and Machiavelli has proved that I am the perfect 'principe'. You may all bow down and kiss my feet. In fact, I'd rather you didn't, so go find me on that oil rig.

Lemur
09-03-2006, 02:46
Vote:Orb.

Cowhead418
09-03-2006, 02:52
My vote is Orb. You know Lemur's role, so you must be in the mafia.

Orb
09-03-2006, 03:14
Yes, my minions, vote for me. Only I can save you from perdition at the hands of Lemur.

Cowhead, if you believe everything I say, then I say the following:

The real mafia are: Generalhankerchief, Lemur and doc_bean.

And, I'd believe me because I confessed.

GeneralHankerchief
09-03-2006, 03:15
The real mafia are: Generalhankerchief, Lemur and doc_bean.

Right, the first two people who voted for you and the person who you've been after since Mafia III. Good joke. :laugh4:

Orb
09-03-2006, 03:23
Joke? I'm deadly serious. I want Lemur lynched for the sole reason that he'll whine about it. I want doc_bean lynched because he had the audacity to use deductive reasoning and I want you lynched because you've been acting very suspiciously in the other games...

Reenk Roink
09-03-2006, 03:48
See?

And you guys call the guy who made it possible to flush out Orb a "theif"... :no:

You ungrateful wretches... :shame:

Orb
09-03-2006, 03:59
Reenk, I hope that isn't you.

Else my buddies will have to pay you a visit.

Hey, at least I'll shut up once I've been released unharmed and happy.

Lemur
09-03-2006, 05:50
Joke? I'm deadly serious. I want Lemur lynched for the sole reason that he'll whine about it.
Hmmm, who exactly is going on at length and whining his head off this game? I'm guessing it starts with an "O".

Orb
09-03-2006, 05:54
I'm not whining, I'm getting as many posts as possible into my lifespan. Which appears not be very long at all. One vote in total :)

Oh, and, who stole my newspaper? I WAS READING THAT! And inside was a note that I killed SR

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-03-2006, 06:45
Evil Maniac from Mars, how could you do this to your fellow Mafia just to save your own skin? No righteous Chinaman would ever do such a thing! Do you want the Italians to run this place?

I thus vote:EMFM. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

(btw - Lemur is the hunter)

To save my own skin? I never would do that, even if I was the Mafia, which, I assure you, I am not.

Divinus Arma
09-03-2006, 07:29
Wait a second? Why is everyone changing their votes? I know Lemur was responsible for at least some kind of mayhem.

I still vote: LEMUR

B-Wing
09-03-2006, 07:45
Wow, excellent job reasoning out the situation GeneralHanky. :2thumbsup: I'm not sure we can safely say that one of the three parties responsible for the killings is non-mafia, but it seems most likely from a gameplay perspective (that is, I think an independent party is preferable to a third mafia family and assume that Kojiro feels the same way). And now that Orb has pretty well admitted to his associations, there's no logical choice but to execute him. So here you go, Orb.

vote: Orb

...And I would like to counter your accusation that I'm posting differently, but I really have no idea how my posting style or pattern is percieved by anyone other than myself. I've not been very helpful with my posts, if that's what you mean. Until you realized the likelyhood of Orb being a killer (of some sort), we haven't had anything to go on, so I've just been speculating on roles.

Something has just occured to me, though. I was trying to remember who we executed on Day 1 and remembered that it was Lemur, who was pardoned by the mayor. Kojiro said the mafia would be informed of Lemur's role. I was thinking that if he were a mafioso, the rival family would probably target him right away. But if he was in the non-Italian family and Orb was the last Italian mafioso, he would still be alive because Orb was distracted by the fact that his house got robbed (of newspapers?). So Lemur isn't proven innocent yet, while he doesn't have anything going against him either.

I wonder this, though: if a mafia family still has its two members alive and the thief breaks into one of their homes, will their intended murder still take place? I mean, after all, you don't need two people to kill someone.

B-Wing
09-03-2006, 08:06
I noticed something just now while looking at the MafiaWiki. According to it, the Thief is actually on the side of the mafia, though he does not know their identities and neither do they know his. But it says his nightly activities only block the abilities of civilian-aligned characters. Of course Kojiro could have made up his own version, but if he's playing strictly by the wiki, then GeneralHanky's theory may be wrong. :shrug:

BTW, the MafiaWiki I'm referring to is here:
http://en.wiki.mafia.sebi.name/Main_Page

doc_bean
09-03-2006, 08:52
Wait a second? Why is everyone changing their votes? I know Lemur was responsible for at least some kind of mayhem.

I still vote: LEMUR

The way I understand the rules is that we can vote for someone AND decide whether or not we hang Lemur, but I'm waiting for Sasaki with the definite word on this.

I noticed something just now while looking at the MafiaWiki. According to it, the Thief is actually on the side of the mafia, though he does not know their identities and neither do they know his.

Damnit, you are right. I missed that part :furious3:

But he did incriminate himself, which is just a weird thing to do either way....ARGH !

I'm going to stick to my vote just because I have nothing better to go on and he's being annoying, Lemur is still in jail, so if we only have two killings tonight (psycho should kill again) then we'd have a good reason to execute him.

Silver Rusher
09-03-2006, 09:53
Just so you all know, Orb is already dead (10 votes against him) so you can't change your vote if you voted for him.

Your friendly ghost mafioso.

BTW- This note is simply informing people of the game situation. In no way am I implying the guilt/innocence of anyone, nor am I speculating on any of the game's events/situations.

Orb
09-03-2006, 14:31
I humbly accept my fate.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-03-2006, 15:09
With 10 votes orb is executed.

dead: Orb (Chinese Mafioso)

You will vote on lemur when the mayor decides to release him.

Some roles may not function exactly as they do in the wiki.

Pm's from certain people need to be sent.

Silver Rusher
09-03-2006, 16:30
Yeeehaw!!!!!!!

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-03-2006, 17:24
Alright, I have come to a decision. I'm going to be lynched or murdered next round anyways, and since I can't post afterwards, the time to reveal myself is now.

I am not a mafioso. However, I do know, 100% and for sure, unless Sasaki is using "suspicious villagers", the names of two of them. For, as you may guess, and as my death will confirm, I am a cop.

Their names are SSNeoperestroika (that is the reason I voted for him) and GeneralHandkerchief. I am not mistaken. I still have the PMs from Sasaki in my inbox, however, I cannot forward them in accordance with Sasaki's rules.

You can trust me. My death will prove my innocence and the fact I know this. You might not believe this, but trust me, I am not lying. Two rounds of lynchings is all you need, and, unless the "suspicious villagers" are being used, you will have two mafiosi dead.

GeneralHankerchief
09-03-2006, 18:21
I am a cop.

Wrong.

Tom and Jerry know each other. They cannot be killed at night. They don't play for the mafia or the civilians. Their only goal is just to get their opponent lynched at day. If one of them dies, the other person is declared as a winner, and both of them leave the game, and th rest continues without them. The effect is that 2 parallel games are played, one being mafia vs. civilians, the other one being Tom vs. Jerry. If Tom and Jerry are alive but the other game (mafia vs. civilians) is over, then both lost their game.

Do the math, people. EMFM votes SSNeo before I pressure him to change it. SSNeo votes for EMFM even after the evidence against Orb has mounted, although I do admit his scenario has an outside chance of working.

So then EMFM tries to steal the doctor by saying he's a cop and gives us the name of two supposedly guilty people; SSNeo (his archenemy) and myself, who endangered his chances of winning.

Why does he do this? Because Orb names him as a fellow Chinese mafioso, meaning that if he is to be believed (which he isn't) either the Italians will get their revenge or EMFM will be lynched.

EMFM and SSNeoperestroika are Tom and Jerry, meaning they are no danger to any of the villagers aside from themselves.

Cowhead418
09-03-2006, 18:49

That's the way I see it so far. If you spot any flaws let me know.I believe the vigilante is on the villager's side so why would he kill people in the first few rounds when there is nothing to go on? More likely than not, the people he would kill would be non-mafiosi.

B-Wing
09-03-2006, 19:09
I don't know... He sounds awfully trustworthy.

You can trust me.

Your Tom & Jerry theory doesn't make much sense to me, GeneralHanky. Why would the two founders of a successful ice cream company want to kill each other?? Its just not as convincing as his arguement:

You might not believe this, but trust me, I am not lying.

But seriously, I'll agree that the safest people to NOT vote for are EMFM and SSNeo. Orb addressed EMFM as a "fellow Chinaman", which seems like a pretty bad attempt to "frame" him. But he also said that Lemur is the Hunter. Not sure if there's any reason to lie about that. Except maybe to make him a target? I have no idea. I'm just going to wait until tonight's murders and see what happens.

doc_bean
09-03-2006, 19:24
Your Tom & Jerry theory doesn't make much sense to me, GeneralHanky. Why would the two founders of a successful ice cream company want to kill each other?? Its just not as convincing as his arguement:

Wouldn't that be Ben and Jerry ? :inquisitive:

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-03-2006, 19:43
Point One: If I die, it will be quite obvious I am in fact a cop.

Point Two: The only reason I accused SS in the first place is because my investigation came back with the "guilty" result.

Point Three: I have no reason to vote for SS other then the fact he is the mafia.

Point Four: GH accuses me of defending Orb (who I did not investigate) to deflect the blame from SS, his fellow mafioso.

Point Five: I was not sure of Orb being a mafioso, however, I was sure of GH and SS, because they were the targets of my investigations.

Point Six: If either of them is lynched, and Sasaki does not use "suspicious villagers", I will be proven correct.

Point Seven: They came to the defence of each other not because they think I am a mafioso, but because of what they in fact accused me of, defending a mafioso. I did defend a mafioso, Orb, HOWEVER, I did not know for a fact he was a mafioso. I knew the names of SS and GH 100% and for sure.

Point Eight: Even if you believe the "Tom and Jerry" theory, the safest person to vote is still one of the two, because I know for sure they are mafia, and you will lose nothing from the lynchings.

Therefore, the best people to lynch this round are:

GeneralHandkerchief
SSNeoperestroika

B-Wing
09-03-2006, 20:18
Wouldn't that be Ben and Jerry ? :inquisitive:

Whoops, you're right! :laugh4:

scotchedpommes
09-03-2006, 20:21
Well, this was unexpected. I have doubts that evil_maniac is a cop, as you
would imagine, however I do not know if Sasaki is using the suspicious villagers
as part of his system. I can only say that I voted for evil_maniac purely as a
defensive reaction - Orb was clearly finished, so the token gesture of the
defensive vote [as I have used it in all mafia games] did not seem like an
unreasonable course of action. I am innocent, and to kill me would be a step
backwards.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-03-2006, 20:37
Lemur has been released. Vote now on whether to execute him or let him free. With 17 alive it's 9 to lynch (thanks orb).

Vote like this:

Lemur:Lynch
or
Lemur:No Lynch

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-03-2006, 20:41
Lemur: Lynch

Orb
09-03-2006, 21:15
Uh, Sasaki, don't we have 17 alive (:() and so only 9 to lynch.

Unless I can still vote, at which point I'll Lemur: No Lynch

I accept that my former policy was overly destructive, and thus allow him to live.

GeneralHankerchief
09-03-2006, 21:16

I will address EMFM's accusations shortly.

Crazed Rabbit
09-03-2006, 21:20

Crazed Rabbit

Ice
09-03-2006, 21:21

Dutch_guy
09-03-2006, 21:36

doc_bean
09-03-2006, 21:37

Silver Rusher
09-03-2006, 21:54
Was there even a point in having this vote?

Sigurd
09-03-2006, 23:25

B-Wing
09-03-2006, 23:26
Was there even a point in having this vote?
Yes. Actions taken during the night (or lack thereof) might have lended some evidence toward Lemur's innocence. As it is, I see no compelling reason to lynch him. And I don't want to kill off a likely innocent when we still have to vote on someone else before the day (Day 2) is over. At least, I assume we still have to vote on someone else... Kojiro, can you clarify this situation?

Lemur: No Lynch

doc_bean
09-03-2006, 23:30
We already voted for Orb today, yes.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-04-2006, 00:10
Yes. Actions taken during the night (or lack thereof) might have lended some evidence toward Lemur's innocence. As it is, I see no compelling reason to lynch him. And I don't want to kill off a likely innocent when we still have to vote on someone else before the day (Day 2) is over. At least, I assume we still have to vote on someone else... Kojiro, can you clarify this situation?

Lemur: No Lynch

We lynched orb day 2. Now we have an extra vote on lemur. After night 3 we'll vote again.

Lynch: 7
No_lynch:1

Sigurd
09-04-2006, 00:55
If I were mafia, then yes, the other families would know all about me by now. The truth is more prosaic, I'm afraid. However, there's one person who will be dancing a little jig. You'll find out about him shortly. There is something fishy going on here...
I change my vote to No lynch

(Unvote) Lemur:lynch
(Vote) Lemur:No Lynch

People it just occurred to me.
If we lynch Lemur, the game might be over.
Lemur's last statement suggests it. He might be connected to another player like the Romeo and Juliette scenario.
I say we await the lynching, I think that Lemur believed he was going to be lynched making the statement I quoted and gave us a hint or a warning.

scotchedpommes
09-04-2006, 01:04
Lemur:No Lynch

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-04-2006, 01:36
Alright. After a recent exchange of PMs and Chatroom conversations, notably those between GH, Sasaki, and myself, I have come to the conclusion that GH and SS may not be Mafia. While it is a bit much of a coincidence that both are not Mafia, being as they are the first and only two I investigated, there remains the possibility. This is, for the most part, due to the refusal by the operator of the game to acknowledge whether "suspicious villagers" come into play. Therefore, I withdraw my complete certainty. I am now about 80% sure that one is Mafia, and about 25% sure that both are Mafia.

B-Wing
09-04-2006, 03:26
We lynched orb day 2. Now we have an extra vote on lemur. After night 3 we'll vote again.

Crap, you're right, we're on Day 3! Well it doesn't change my vote, as I still see no reason to lynch Lemur.

But the statement that someone else was going to be happy about his situation may indicate that *he* is Tom (or, possibly, Jerry, but Tom seems much more likely). If that's the case, he's innocent. But, regardless of whether or not he, Evil Maniacs, or SSNeo have this role, I'd like to know what happens if someone with this role manages to get their rival lynched. According to the wiki, the "winner" is removed and the game continues for everyone else. But Kojiro could have changed it so that the game is over for everyone if one of these two wins. I know you don't want to spell things out for us, Kojiro, but I think its important for all of us to know whether or not a Tom/Jerry victory means gameover for the rest of us. Please give us some peace on this matter. ~:confused:

Sasaki Kojiro
09-04-2006, 03:38
Psh of course I wouldn't make a tom/jerry victory gameover. Where's the fun in that?

Cowhead418
09-04-2006, 03:46
B-Ray has got it right, Lemur is obviously Tom or Jerry. I vote Lemur: No Lynch.

GeneralHankerchief
09-04-2006, 03:51
Fine.

Even though Lemur's role has pretty much been revealed he's dead either way, because now he's cannon fodder for the mafia.

Unvote: Lemur Lynch
Vote: Lemur No Lynch

Sasaki Kojiro
09-04-2006, 03:57
Vote count (9 to lynch or not lynch):

Lynch: 5
No Lynch: 5

Ignoramus
09-04-2006, 04:31
"The Thief plays on the side of the mafia. He does not know the mafia and vice versa. He cannot be killed by the mafia. At night he points at a victim, blocking his special ability for this night if he is one the side of the civilian"

The thief cannot block the mafia from killing people.

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-04-2006, 05:38
I should probably get around to reading this Wiki...

B-Wing
09-04-2006, 05:51
"The Thief plays on the side of the mafia. He does not know the mafia and vice versa. He cannot be killed by the mafia. At night he points at a victim, blocking his special ability for this night if he is one the side of the civilian"

The thief cannot block the mafia from killing people.

I counter your quote with this one ~:) :

Some roles may not function exactly as they do in the wiki.

Since Kojiro made this statement in response to my question about the Theif's limitations, we should consider it a possibility that the Thief can affect anyone.

Divinus Arma
09-04-2006, 08:11
Wait. I thought Orb and SSNeo were Tom and Jerry? So now Lemur is Tom or Jerry?

If I were mafia, then yes, the other families would know all about me by now. The truth is more prosaic, I'm afraid. However, there's one person who will be dancing a little jig. You'll find out about him shortly.

Here is my question: Who is "Him"? Is it the mafia or is it the other Tom or Jerry? And couldn't somebody pretend to be another role like we all thought Spartan may have done calling himself the mafia? That sure would be one hell of an awesome distraction. Since it is pretty much the only thing that Lemur has said, I don't trust it.

I really don't give a hoot about Tom or Jerry since neither one of them can kill us, but the Mafia can. My concern is that Lemur is smart as a whip and he is a known troublemaker in every game. I am going to keep my vote as LEMUR: LYNCH until I get some good reason otherwise. Besides, he has been pretty darn quiet so far. I don't think we should squander the opportunity to lynch a possible mafia with indecision and watch another pair of innocents get killed. And I sure as hell don't want to see my alcohol disturbed again! :no:

Silver Rusher
09-04-2006, 08:47
The Mafia cannot kill either Tom or Jerry.

EDIT: And in standard rules, Tom and Jerry do not end the game anyway. Let's take a look at the wiki, shall we?

Tom and Jerry know each other. They cannot be killed at night. They don't play for the mafia or the civilians. Their only goal is just to get their opponent lynched at day. If one of them dies, the other person is declared as a winner, and both of them leave the game, and th rest continues without them. The effect is that 2 parallel games are played, one being mafia vs. civilians, the other one being Tom vs. Jerry. If Tom and Jerry are alive but the other game (mafia vs. civilians) is over, then both lost their game.

Divinus Arma
09-04-2006, 09:02
I was reading back on the previous posts a little more. According to GHC, Lemur revealed himself? It seems like an awful lot of people think he is Tom or Jerry. I hate to waste my vote on one of the two, but I just don't trust Lemur. Look at how he has survived the other Mafia game by initially detering everyone by screaming to be murdered so he can have a creative death instead of a "boring old lynching".

Now he makes one comment in this game that "someone will be excited when he is lynched". It is the exact same tactic of using a game role to change people's minds. I think he is full of it. If anything, this now makes me even more suspicious of Lemur. This is classic Lemur manipulation.

doc_bean
09-04-2006, 10:31
Damn, you people had me convinced to let Lemur go until I read Div's posts. I'm sticking to my vote, for now.

Sigurd
09-04-2006, 12:01
If there is such a pair role in this game as Tom & Jerry maybe DA is Lemur's archenemy. :idea2:

Another thing… I am in the dark here about which roles are in this game, yet people seem to drag roles out of their sleeves, I don’t think Sasaki has posted an overview of the roles in this game…
How do you know that there is a Tom or Jerry role?

[edit]: LOOK I HAVE 2000 posts.. party at the village square at 2000 hours tonight!!!

Silver Rusher
09-04-2006, 12:14
Congrats on your 2,000 posts Sigurd.

doc_bean
09-04-2006, 14:59
Another thing… I am in the dark here about which roles are in this game, yet people seem to drag roles out of their sleeves, I don’t think Sasaki has posted an overview of the roles in this game…
How do you know that there is a Tom or Jerry role?

There's a link to a wiki page here somewhere in the thread that gives an overview of the *possible* roles. Sasaki has indicated that he might have changed a few things here and there. There is no way of knwoing which roles are in the game. That's part of the fun !

[edit]: LOOK I HAVE 2000 posts.. party at the village square at 2000 hours tonight!!!

w00t ~:cheers:

Lemur
09-04-2006, 16:09
If there is such a pair role in this game as Tom & Jerry maybe DA is Lemur's archenemy.
That's just crazy talk. If that were true, DA would be making endless, monotonous arguments about my guilt ...

doc_bean
09-04-2006, 16:24
So who is your archenemy then ?

Reenk Roink
09-04-2006, 16:33

Sasaki Kojiro
09-04-2006, 22:14
GeneralHankerchief is found strangled and deposited in a dumpster.

Sorry about the lack of description, I mindlessly emptied my inbox to make space...

Killed(5):
Discovery1 (Bus Driver)
gertgregoor (cop)
Kommodus (mason)
GeneralHankerchief(cop)

Suicide(1):
Drisos (Juliet)

Executed(1):
Orb (Chinese Mafia)

Alive (16):
Reenk Roink
Crazed Rabbit
Divinus Arma
Cowhead418
Ice
Tiberius
Lemur (prison)
evil_maniac_from_mars
Wonderland
SSNeoperestroika
Ignoramus
B_Ray
Zalmoxis
Sigurd Fafnesbane
doc_bean
Dutch_Guy

With 16 alive it's 9 to lynch (unless lemur is executed in which case it's 15 alive and 8 to lynch).

Lynch Lemur: 7
No Lynch: 4 (gh's removed)

GeneralHankerchief
09-04-2006, 22:29
That's it? One kill and it was me? Gah... :furious2:

Well, there you go EMFM, think I'm still guilty?

The few investigations I got off had some mixed results, and I have my suspicions but as per Sasaki's request I will remain silent. Good luck everybody.

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-04-2006, 22:33
Well, there you go EMFM, think I'm still guilty?

No. SS might still be, but now we at least know for sure that "suspicious villagers" are in fact in play.

doc_bean
09-04-2006, 23:30
One kill ???? What are we supposed to make of that ???

And why is he killed before the Lemur vote is in, or before anyone got lynched ???

I'm confused :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2:

Ignoramus
09-04-2006, 23:33
Maybe the mafia are killing each other off?

Sasaki Kojiro
09-04-2006, 23:34
One kill ???? What are we supposed to make of that ???

And why is he killed before the Lemur vote is in, or before anyone got lynched ???

I'm confused :dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2:

Orb was lynched. Perhaps I should have waited until the Lemur vote was in, but I didn't feel like it.

Divinus Arma
09-05-2006, 05:38
Gah! Now the General has been murdered. Great. Why are we wasting our voting opportunities?

EDIT: DID ANYBODY ELSE NOTICE THAT ONLY ONE MURDER HAPPENED WHILE LEMUR WAS IN PRISON?!?!?!?!?

In law enforecement, we call that a clue.

Lemur
09-05-2006, 05:53
Well, if my vote counts, then Lemur:No Lynch.

Sigurd
09-05-2006, 09:09
That's just crazy talk. If that were true, DA would be making endless, monotonous arguments about my guilt ... And he does not?

B-Wing
09-05-2006, 09:23
Wow. These mafiosos are absolutely heartless! Its the General's first game and you killed him on the 3rd night! :laugh4: You could have at least let him get lynched, cause I'm sure everybody's eager to cast their vote for him (I'm glad I did while I had the chance ~;p).

But more seriously, this sucks. Not only was he General freakin' Hankerchief, an expert on the game, but he was a cop!!

DID ANYBODY ELSE NOTICE THAT ONLY ONE MURDER HAPPENED WHILE LEMUR WAS IN PRISON?!?!?!?!?

Actually, Lemur was never in prison; he was in jail. But more importantly, if I understand right, Lemur was not in jail on the night of the murder. He was released beforehand, based on the statement Kojiro made when he told us to revote on his innocence. The night he was in prison, two people were killed, gertgregoor and Kommodus.

Still, its baffling that only one murder took place. We know there are two mafia families, and I assume that they must target someone each night, so the only explanation I can come up with is that both families chose to off G-Hanky. You should be proud, General. :2thumbsup: Now, this is assuming that if there is a doctor-type role (one that can choose an individual to save each night, should they fall victim to murder) and he successfully saves someone, we would get a report & description of that happening.

What's even more confusing to me than the single murder is the fact that no theft took place! I mean, there's definitely somebody out there with the role of the Thief, yet apparently no home was broken into last night. I don't understand that, as it doesn't make any sense for the thief's nightly activity to be optional. Yet, the thief has been neither killed nor detained.

Anyway, those are big questions on my mind. Its nearly 3:30 in the morning here (IRL) and I've got classes tomorrow, so I'll speculate on who did the killing later. But I want to say that you'll be sorely missed, GeneralHanky! ~:mecry:

Ignoramus
09-05-2006, 10:22
If the villagers are to win this game, people will need to be brave and reveal themselves.

I am the prostitute.

Oh, I almost forgot: Lemur: Lynch

Sigurd
09-05-2006, 12:31
If the villagers are to win this game, people will need to be brave and reveal themselves.

I am the prostitute.

I don’t think that is the way to win my friend… revealing certain characters will ensure a place on the mafias lists. If you are the prostitute the mafia will want to get you now.

We need to be methodically in this. I have made a spread sheet , yes I know, a geeky thing to do.
This is such a complicated game that it is needed just to get an overview of who is playing, what roles they have, voting habits, if they have been attacked etc..

I have noted the following,
Two players have not been voting in this game and they are not on a vacation according to their profiles and have been active as of Saturday and yesterday.
They are Tiberius and Zalmoxis.
Is this suspicious behaviour? Probably since they were quite active in recent Mafia games
(altered behaviour is suspicious in MAFIA).
Someone tried to kill Tiberius in round 1, he was saved, that probably makes him innocent.
Zalmoxis however, is active in the forum but is lurking in the game.
As we await the execution of Lemur (I guess he received 8 votes), which will create some answers, I will start the voting for execution of the killer of General_H

Vote:Zalmoxis

Sasaki Kojiro
09-05-2006, 21:21
Lynch Lemur: 8
No Lynch Lemer: 4

Ice
09-05-2006, 22:22
SF, good analysis, Zalmoxis does seem the likely canidate.

Vote: Zalmoxis

B-Wing
09-05-2006, 22:33
...but now we at least know for sure that "suspicious villagers" are in fact in play.

I was thinking over your previous post, EMFM, trying to decide what to make of your accusations. I had about decided you were Jerry (definitely not Tom), but you have a point about the possibility of "suspicious" villagers. The MafiaWiki lists a few roles (on both sides) that show up as the opposite of whatever their actual alignment is when killed. Personally, I hate that idea and would like to think Sasaki didn't use any in this game. But, I can't rule it out without him saying so, and I'm guessing he's not going to say either way. *sighs*

Either you're lying or you're telling the truth. If you're telling the truth, then there's something weird going on because you said you investigated GeneralHanky and he turned up guilty. If you're lying, there's a number of possibilities, but the most likely (to me) would be that either you're Jerry and SSNeo is Tom or you're an innocent desperately trying to delay your imaginary impending execution -- I don't think anyone believed Orb when he tried to name you as his partner in crime. But picking two random people like that and trying so hard to save your own neck would be awfully shameful play for an innocent. So I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and think that you have a legitimate reason to be after atleast one of these two.

I was thinking its possible that you might be something like a "corrupt cop" who is actually working for the mafia but will appear as a cop when lynched, but you were the very first person to suggest the possibility of inaccurate autopsies (for lack of a better term), so I doubt you would point out the key to your own cover.

So then I thought, maybe going ahead and executed SSNeo, like you suggest, would be the safest thing to do. Either he's Tom, and lynching him would cause you to disappear and we'd be rid of two useless villagers (useless because they're objective is to get the other killed, not to save the village), or he really did show up guilty upon your investigating him. But that still doesn't explain why you would have mentioned GeneralHanky. You had no way of knowing which one the crowd would pick, and letting the General be lynched first could allow you just enough time to get killed by the mafia. So if you were Jerry, it makes more sense to only accuse Tom of guilt.

So that would leave the possibility that you're telling the truth as the most probable... except for the fact that the General has been "proven" innocent, which can only be explained by your "shady background" theory, which is (unfortunately) valid for all we know.

So I don't know what the heck to do, but my current line of thought has reached a point that I can't work my way past: you have basicly invited us to execute you in order to prove your truthfulness; you've pretty much staked your life on your words. I'm willing to test you on it. Unless you're some kind of corrupt cop, your execution should reveal your integrity. If your death shows you to be a liar, we'll know and we'll have rid ourselves of atleast one worthless individual, possibly an enemy. But if your death makes you a martyr for the cause of good, we'll know to go after SSNeo. That's all I can figure to do right now without making a purely random vote. So...

vote: Evil_Maniacs From Mars

Know that if you do die by our hands, it will not be in vain! :bow:

doc_bean
09-05-2006, 23:01
I'm going to follow Sigurd and Vote: Zalmoxis

Also, since there are few convincing arguments against Lemur and Div is "suspicious" and a certain ghost in the chat kept insisting Lemur was Tom and we don't have a reason to kill him if that's the case, I'm going to change my vote on him.
Change vote: Lemur: No Lynch

Cowhead418
09-06-2006, 01:03
I don't trust EMFM. We will only know if he was telling the truth by his death. Off with his head! Vote: Evil_maniac from mars.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-06-2006, 01:41
Vote count:

Zalmoxis: 3
EMFM: 2

Lemur Lynch: 6
No Lynch Lemur: 5

doc_bean
09-06-2006, 09:49
Just a little warning: I'm moving tonight and I should have internet right away, but it's possible I won't, worst case scenario is that I can't post until tuesday. I'll post again tonight if I can.

B-Wing
09-06-2006, 14:49
BTW, I carelessly misattributed the suggestion of Orb's guilt to GeneralHanky earlier on when it was actually you, doc_bean, who came up with it. I've been meaning to correct that, so my bad, and good work doc!

Crazed Rabbit
09-06-2006, 21:33

He said GH was mafia, did he not? And we now know what GH really is.

Crazed Rabbit

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-06-2006, 23:07

He said GH was mafia, did he not? And we now know what GH really is.

Crazed Rabbit
If you had read my posts, you would have realized (if you trust me, that is, which I doubt) that he came up guilty. My posts for voting against him were also filled with cautions, such as "not sure...suspicious characters in play?", which appears to be true now.

A note: SS and DA were also investigated. Both turned up guilty. Either Sasaki is making it so my investigations are all guilty, that I've been extremely lucky, or that I've chosen a few suspicious villagers.

scotchedpommes
09-06-2006, 23:27
A note: SS and DA were also investigated. Both turned up guilty. Either Sasaki is making it so my investigations are all guilty, that I've been extremely lucky, or that I've chosen a few suspicious villagers.

It may be the case that you are an incompetent cop.

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-07-2006, 00:25
It may be the case that you are an incompetent cop.
Literally or as a role? Well, we'll see, won't we.

B-Wing
09-07-2006, 04:34
Literally or as a role? Well, we'll see, won't we.

LOL, pretty sure he meant the role. :laugh4: The MafiaWiki does mention, at the bottom of the Roles page, the option to give each player a chance of having certain secret (unknown to the player) traits, one of which is "incompetent", which means that they cannot successfully pull off the activities their role is meant to perform. In the case of an incompetent cop, I see three possibilities:
1) All investigations get the same result, regardless of the investigated player's actual alignment.
2) All investigations get the opposite result of the target's alignment.
3) All results are random (flip of the coin) and therefore meaningless.

Sasaki wouldn't tell me in chat if there were any characters with "shady backgrounds", so I don't suppose he'll comment on the possibility of incompetent characters, either, though I certainly think he should have mentioned it if there was the chance. He did, of course, recommend we all read the MafiaWiki, so I guess we should consider anything listed there as a definite possibility.

Divinus Arma
09-07-2006, 06:37
Sorry. Started my new job. Was fighting an incredible wildland fire last night and I was busy all day. As for my arguments against Lemur: Tom or Jerry is going to do the same technique that a Mafia would be: Sitting back, bandwagoning, playing it safe. Tom or Jerry aren't going to make "monotonous arguments" against each other. That would be a tad obvious and completely retarded.

Look at the way I played in the last game. I make an argument and then I play based on logic and the comments of each player. If I think somebody is guilty, I hammer away at them. So this nonsense about Lemur or I is pretty much ridiculous to me. That's a side game Sasaki added, and frankly, I don't care about it. I want to catch the mafia before I am lynched. Lynch Lemur or not. But every game he is a pain in the ass and has been responsible for headaches all the way around. I think he is a tricky dirty brilliant SOB who needs to be stopped now.

I made my arguments, and I'll stand by them. In the meantime, I am still waiting for somebody to provide solid information as to whom else we should concentrate on.

(I'll not be online again until sometime the day after tomorrow due to work, so I can't respond again until then.)

Thanks. :bow:

Avicenna
09-07-2006, 09:08
Sorry for my absence, had a bit of work with school and all.

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-08-2006, 01:40

Sasaki Kojiro
09-08-2006, 02:02
Vote count:

Zalmoxis: 5
EMFM: 3

Lemur Lynch: 7
No Lynch Lemur: 5

Deadline for both is 24 hours.

Zalmoxis
09-08-2006, 06:44
Oh great, I'm gone some days and now you want me dead? Cheap, really so here's a hint:I help you guys.
Vote: EMFM.

doc_bean
09-08-2006, 14:16
I have returned ! Seems nothing has changed, I'll stick to my votes.

Divinus Arma
09-08-2006, 19:04
I'm not sure whether to go with Zalmoxis or EMFM. SF's argument against Zalmoxis was pretty convincing, so I guess that is the best bet for me right now.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-09-2006, 01:32
Well that looks like all the votes we'll be getting.

Zalmoxis: 6
EMFM: 4

Zalmoxis is lynched.

Lynch: 8
No Lynch: 5

Lemur is lynched.

Killed(5):
Discovery1 (Bus Driver)
gertgregoor (cop)
Kommodus (mason)
GeneralHankerchief(cop)

Suicide(1):
Drisos (Juliet)

Left Town(1):
Divinus Arma (Jerry)

Executed(3):
Orb (Chinese Mafia)
Zalmoxis (doctor)
Lemur (Tom)

Alive (13):
Reenk Roink
Crazed Rabbit
Cowhead418
Ice
Tiberius
evil_maniac_from_mars
Wonderland
SSNeoperestroika
Ignoramus
B_Ray
Sigurd Fafnesbane
doc_bean
Dutch_Guy

Pm's from people please.

Ignoramus
09-09-2006, 01:45
We killed the doctor? Great, no police, no doctors, and lots of mafia still out there-not good!

Divinus Arma
09-09-2006, 02:22
https://img454.imageshack.us/img454/5323/79783535walkingaway2fj5.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-09-2006, 02:24
We killed the doctor? Great, no police, no doctors, and lots of mafia still out there-not good!
No, there's still police.

:book:

Divinus Arma
09-09-2006, 02:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igi2msRiGjI

Orb
09-09-2006, 02:39
In violation of my 'being dead' treaty:

2 Police, 4 Mafia - 1/3 chance of finding a Mafioso in turn one. Better in turn two, if still alive (better than 2/3 chance per detective)
2 Police, 6 Mafia - 1/2 chance of finding a Mafioso in turn one. Improves again with each turn.

Having three police with 4 mafia leaves a 1/2 chance of one being found.
Having three police with 6 mafia leaves a 3/4 of one being detected.

These are underestimates, and on turn 1, assuming guesswork.

3 cops would kind of render each other pointless except that they can bandwagon a mafia they all know are guilty.

Zalmoxis
09-09-2006, 05:57
I told ya I'm helpful.

Divinus Arma
09-09-2006, 05:59
I won.

Good luck noble townsfolk. :bow:

Crazed Rabbit
09-09-2006, 07:47
Won? Hardly. You succeded in getting Lemur lynched. Since Mafia 2, that hasn't been difficult at all.

And now you're leaving all us villagers out to dry.

Crazed Rabbit

Divinus Arma
09-09-2006, 08:06
Won? Hardly. You succeded in getting Lemur lynched. Since Mafia 2, that hasn't been difficult at all.

Crazed Rabbit

I know. kind of a shame. :shame: It was fun anyway.

doc_bean
09-09-2006, 09:29
I hope there's still a nurse in town...

Divinus Arma
09-10-2006, 17:27

Crazed Rabbit

Oh, and BTW, that was my sole mission. I was instructed do nothing but aim for the lynching of Lemur and he was instructed the same. I was told to not care about the mafia nor the villagers. I would have probably helped a little more since I was essentially invulnerable, but I could not allow Lemur to be seen as Jerry. If public perception was that he was Tomd he did not reveal it, then he would never be lynched nor killed. That placed me in greater danger. I had to take advantage of the immediate lynch-Lemur fever that had taken place in order to ensure he could not be viewed as Tom. Clearly, if the villagers thought he was Tom, but did not know my role, then he was safe and I was not.

I would have preferred to continue and use my night-invulnerability to help, but I really had no choice but to take advantage of the opportunity.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-11-2006, 00:01
SSNeoperestroika was found beaten to the death with a baseball bat. His body was found floating in the nearby lake with the bloody bat on the shore.

Crazed Rabbit reported a robbery of his home.

Killed(6):
Discovery1 (Bus Driver)
gertgregoor (cop)
Kommodus (mason)
GeneralHankerchief(cop)
SSNeoperestroika(mayor)

Suicide(1):
Drisos (Juliet)

Left Town(1):
Divinus Arma (Jerry)

Executed(3):
Orb (Chinese Mafia)
Zalmoxis (doctor)
Lemur (Tom)

Alive (12):
Reenk Roink
Crazed Rabbit
Cowhead418
Ice
Tiberius
evil_maniac_from_mars
Wonderland
Ignoramus
B_Ray
Sigurd Fafnesbane
doc_bean
Dutch_Guy

Voting begins.

Crazed Rabbit
09-11-2006, 00:40
What? What was robbed from my home? Hopefully not my precious beer. Uh, though I wouldn't have any of that since I'm not 21 yet....

Crazed Rabbit

doc_bean
09-11-2006, 08:31
Well this reasoning worked for Orb, so I guess it's worth another shot, best chance we have anyhow...

One kill + 2 mafia -> maybe held up by the robber ?

vote: Crazed Rabbit

Ice
09-11-2006, 12:51
guess Ill jump on the band wagon...

vote: crazed rabbit

edit: bolded

Crazed Rabbit
09-11-2006, 16:27
What's going on here?

There was one death last time, and I wasn't robbed. Now there's one death this time, and since I got robbed, I'm getting bandwagoned? Why am I being suspected?

Remember, the theif can't stop a mafioso from killing someone. Lynching me because I was robbed will not get you a dead mafia member.

I vote: doc_bean, as he was very quick to jump on me for no real reason at all.

Crazed Rabbit

Cowhead418
09-12-2006, 00:33
What's going on here?

There was one death last time, and I wasn't robbed. Now there's one death this time, and since I got robbed, I'm getting bandwagoned? Why am I being suspected?

Remember, the theif can't stop a mafioso from killing someone. Lynching me because I was robbed will not get you a dead mafia member.

I vote: doc_bean, as he was very quick to jump on me for no real reason at all.

Crazed RabbitYour reasoning is very solid. doc_bean saw a chance to accuse you based on past reasoning that worked. However, the shoe doesn't seem to fit this time around. I vote doc_bean.

doc_bean
09-12-2006, 08:10
What's the difference between then and now ? If you have a better idea (that's not me) then I'll change my vote.

And I posted so quickly because I had other stuff to do that day. Sheesh, with accusations like this it's no wonder I can leave the org for half a week and find only 2 new posts in the mafia game.

EDIT: Sasaki said the roles weren't exactly the same as on the wiki, so the thief could stop a mafia member, that's still what I believe happened to Orb
EDIT2: also Cowhead follows CK's rather flawed logic (really, I posted too fast ?) and then decides blaming me is a good plan, maybe the mafia is still a little bitter about me getting one of theirs lynched ?

Reenk Roink
09-12-2006, 19:22
I don't know why you all are voting against doc_bean...

He was the one that expanded on the work of the heroic beer-borrower and found Orb guilty.

Certainly there was flawed logic this time, but that doesn't make him guilty at all. In fact, due to his previous action, I would say that he is the least likely among us to be a mafia...

Ice
09-12-2006, 20:17
I don't know why you all are voting against doc_bean...

He was the one that expanded on the work of the heroic beer-borrower and found Orb guilty.

Certainly there was flawed logic this time, but that doesn't make him guilty at all. In fact, due to his previous action, I would say that he is the least likely among us to be a mafia...

I agree. He helped us find the mafia, using reasonable logic. Look at my vote to see who I think is gulity...

Cowhead418
09-13-2006, 01:19
What's the difference between then and now ? If you have a better idea (that's not me) then I'll change my vote.

And I posted so quickly because I had other stuff to do that day. Sheesh, with accusations like this it's no wonder I can leave the org for half a week and find only 2 new posts in the mafia game.

EDIT: Sasaki said the roles weren't exactly the same as on the wiki, so the thief could stop a mafia member, that's still what I believe happened to Orb
EDIT2: also Cowhead follows CK's rather flawed logic (really, I posted too fast ?) and then decides blaming me is a good plan, maybe the mafia is still a little bitter about me getting one of theirs lynched ?Well, it's just that only one person was killed last round too, so your logic is flawed this time. However, I have changed my mind somewhat. There really is not much to go on anyone right now (which is kind of strange this late in the game). Evil Maniac from mars was wrong in both his accusations, so he is either a bad cop or a mafia. There is only one way to find out for sure.

Unvote: doc bean
Vote: evil_maniac from mars