PDA

View Full Version : The Godfather, Part 1 (or yet another Mafia game) by Silver Rusher [Concluded]

Pages : 1 [2]

discovery1
09-18-2006, 00:55
vote: Ice For The Chief!!!!!

Cowhead418
09-18-2006, 01:02
vote: Ice For The Chief!!!!!That is the second time you voted for someone who isn't even playing!:laugh4:

Big King Sanctaphrax
09-18-2006, 01:35
I'm down with Sasaki and Cowhead's reasoning.

Vote: Gert

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-18-2006, 01:36
~:santa: The evil Santa Claus of Death demands a sacrifice. He has run out of reindeer to eat.

Vote: Gertgregoor

The man's dead anyways. :juggle2:

GeneralHankerchief
09-18-2006, 03:17
I do agree that the last two kills were very Gert-like. Most likely he got around the language barrier (Silver presents these kills to us unedited, remember) by getting one of his fellow mafiosi to write/edit them for him.

:bobby2: Official suggestion: Gert

GoreBag
09-18-2006, 03:22
There are no better alternatives. Vote: Gertgregoor.

discovery1
09-18-2006, 03:34
That is the second time you voted for someone who isn't even playing!:laugh4:

Not playing?! That evasive scoundrel! All the more reason to vote for him.

Drisos
09-18-2006, 18:15
Well most certainly a lot of people, but everyone ?

If I'm not mistaking, about the time he was lynched, he had put all the remaining people on his list. might not be recalling correctly though..:juggle2:

edit: and good point GHC. the words don't necessarily have the be the mafioso writing.. that gives us even more suspects... all :S

Silver Rusher
09-18-2006, 18:29
Evening in the Gameroom.

Gertgregoor didn't even show up to the town centre at the time of the election. He knew how his fate would go.

The people waited for hours in the town centre. When it became apparent that GG wouldn't show up, Chief of Police GeneralHankerchief ordered a search.

Various buildings in the Gameroom had been looted in the search. And it took a bloody long time. But at long last GG was finally found sitting at the bottom of an empty fish tank in the alley behind the Gameroom Aquarium.

He was dragged out screaming by the mob, hands first, doing whatever he could to try and escape. He obviously wasn't very keen on being tickled to death by the MechaFeather 4000.

"NOOOOOO!!!" GG screamed as he was dragged nearer to the machine, "NOT THE MECHAFEATHER!!! I DON'T WANT TO DIE LIKE THIIIISSS!!!!!!"

He was forced into the chair by at least 5 different people. That was how many it took. When he was finally bound into the chair, the process began.

First, a footrest came out, forcing his feet in front of the machine. GG hadn't been gagged, but fortunately he was no longer screaming, only sobbing in anxiety. Then, the machine removed his shoes and socks. A collection of pink feathers protruded from the machine towards his foot, and began to brush away at his feet.

"MWAAHAHHHAHAHAHAAA!! HAHA! HA!! OOWAAAAHHAAAAHAA! HAHEEHEEHAHOOHOO!" The laughing continued until GG's spasming body eventually broke the ropes binding him to the chair and his corpse fell down onto the street. GH hadn't even had a chance to interrogate him.

"Oh... ah well." GH said, quite stunned at the brutal effectiveness of the machine, "Everyone go home and get some sleep."

"STOP!" yelled a familiar voice from the heavens. Silver Rusher's golden haired face appeared in the sky. "This is the bit I like most. This will teach you mortals to be involved in my game!"

Suddenly, a giant trebuchet appeared in front of the crowd, and Upxl, SSNeoperestroika, IrishArmenian and Tiberius were pulled into the air by an unknown force. Unable to do anything about it, their bodies became numb and they were loaded onto it. With previously-unseen force they were flung all the way to the Entrance Hall, and that's quite a long way. SR disappeared.

Tally:
Gertgregoor: 8 votes :skull:
Drisos: 2 votes

Status List:

Killed by Mafia:
Reenk Roink
Ignoramus
Hiji
Leet Eriksson
Krazilec

Wrath of Silver Rusher:
Upxl :skull:
SSNeoperestroika :skull:
IrishArmenian :skull:
Tiberius :skull:
AggonyDuck

Lynched:
Gertgregoor :skull:
The_Spartan
B_Ray
Sigurd Fafnesbane

Still alive:
GeneralHankerchief
doc_bean
UltraWar WW
Dutch_guy W
discovery1 WW
Orb
Sasaki Kojiro
Cowhead418
evil_maniac from mars
Drisos
Crazed Rabbit W
Divine Wind W
Masy W
Kagemusha W
Big King Sanctaphrax W
littlelostboy WW
Gertgregoor W
Bombasticus_Maximus WW
Destroyer_of_Hope
GoreBag W

PM's and Night 6 please :2thumbsup:

Crazed Rabbit
09-18-2006, 18:31
Wait, so my warning doesn't go away even though I voted this round?

Bah! I shake my fist the the giant golden face in the sky!

Crazed Rabbit

Silver Rusher
09-18-2006, 18:34
Want me to turn you into a hare again? ~;)

GeneralHankerchief
09-18-2006, 20:24
Only four at a time?

Rookie. :wink:

Silver Rusher
09-18-2006, 20:25
Only four at a time?

Rookie. :wink:
That's how the system works. 3 warnings, you're out. These folks all had three warnings.

Drisos
09-19-2006, 06:57
If the kills don't stop I might just be the next one to meet the mechafeather thingy.. :sweatdrop:

UltraWar
09-19-2006, 16:59
*Edit: Nevermind*

Silver Rusher
09-19-2006, 17:34
Day breaks in the Gameroom. All is quiet.

Chief of Police GeneralHankerchief woke up after a good night's sleep. He was still tired, but curious as to who had just been killed he got up instead of staying in bed as he usually did. The first thing he saw was everything in his room covered with "THE MAFIA AREN'T DEAD YET" in big red letters. They had got everything. Wardrobe, lamp, walls, even the books. GH was furious. He came out of his bedroom and into the landing. Everything there was convered in it as well. In fact, every room he entered had it.

He collected the people in the town centre, where he was told that nobody had died during the night.

"Well, that's good." he said, "But defacing a Chief of Police's home is punishable by death, and unfortunately we have no leads as to who committed the crime. Another random lynching is necessary. Oh, and whoever gets lynched will be slowly lowered into a pit of lava. Get voting."

Status List:

Killed by Mafia:
Reenk Roink
Ignoramus
Hiji
Leet Eriksson
Krazilec

Wrath of Silver Rusher:
Upxl
SSNeoperestroika
IrishArmenian
Tiberius
AggonyDuck

Lynched:
Gertgregoor
The_Spartan
B_Ray
Sigurd Fafnesbane

Still alive:
GeneralHankerchief
doc_bean
UltraWar WW
Dutch_guy W
discovery1 WW
Orb
Sasaki Kojiro
Cowhead418
evil_maniac from mars
Drisos
Crazed Rabbit W
Divine Wind W
Masy W
Kagemusha W
Big King Sanctaphrax W
littlelostboy WW
Bombasticus_Maximus WW
Destroyer_of_Hope
GoreBag W

Day 6 please :2thumbsup:

UltraWar
09-19-2006, 17:39
Vote: UltraWar

It will be fun to be lowered into a pit of lava! :2thumbsup:

Orb
09-19-2006, 18:18
Why is Gert also in the still alive section?

Silver Rusher
09-19-2006, 18:19
Thanks for pointing out. Gone now.

Crazed Rabbit
09-19-2006, 19:22
Vote: No Lynch

I believe a home defacing is worth only 20 years in the slammer, not capital punishment.

Crazed Rabbit

Orb
09-19-2006, 19:37

I can't see who to lynch at the moment, I'll decide later.

GeneralHankerchief
09-19-2006, 20:27

I can't see how a lynching would help us at the moment.

:bobby2: Although the next person who is determined guilty shall be treated with extreme contempt... :veryangry:

discovery1
09-19-2006, 20:40
Why hasn't he mafia killed again? Think we are down to just the Godfather?

Silver Rusher
09-19-2006, 20:41
I thought you weren't allowed to vote.

Dutch_guy
09-19-2006, 20:41
We might, although then I think the Godfather still has the power to kill.

Anyway, let's not play into his hands:

Vote:No Lynch

:balloon2:

GeneralHankerchief
09-19-2006, 20:52
I thought you weren't allowed to vote.

Finefinefine. Suggestion: No Lynch.

Let's just get this game moving.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-19-2006, 20:55

I believe a home defacing is worth only 20 years in the slammer, not capital punishment.

Crazed Rabbit

umm that's poor strategy for town. We'd be giving up a chance at lynching a mafioso. It would be in the mafia's interest to have a no lynch. Why did you really vote no lynch?

Edit: why are you all voting no lynch? That makes you all suspicious.

Masy
09-19-2006, 21:01
Are we allowed to vote when no one has been killed?

-edit- just read
Another random lynching is necessary

Drisos
09-19-2006, 21:22
umm that's poor strategy for town. We'd be giving up a chance at lynching a mafioso. It would be in the mafia's interest to have a no lynch. Why did you really vote no lynch?

Exactly! Why are we not lynching another charactere that we suspect? This way Ultrawar is lynched because no one is voting.

Vote: doc_bean Because I think he is someone who might've just picked Sigurd and Gert. But mostly, because of this one:

I bandwagoned because there was nothing better to go on, funny how it's always the third guy that gets targeted tough

It takes one more vote to lynch him, or Ultrawar. Or two more for someone else, for instance me.:2thumbsup: At least lynch someone! lynch, lynch, lynch! there's always a chance you're lucky and lynch the godfather. so do it.

Silver Rusher
09-19-2006, 21:27
Are we allowed to vote when no one has been killed?

-edit- just read
Good point.

Change your No Lynch votes please, or they will not be counted.

Divine Wind
09-19-2006, 21:43
Errr? :dizzy2:

Vote: No lynch

Masy
09-19-2006, 21:44
Hmm, why the mafia haven't bumped anyone off is what puzzles me. Perhaps there is but one left, and he forgot to pm his kill, which would mean we have only the godfather to get. Or perhaps 2 people didnt pm their kills, out of sheer absent mindedness (unlikley) or a devious ploy to fool us. A puzzlement indeed.

Either way, we must lynch, so i Vote: Ultrawar, because either (a) he just wants to quit by voting for himself, in which case i will help him or (b) he's making an odd vote in the hope of drawing attention away from himself: he's not voted much (2 Warnings), perhaps because he was too busy plotting our offings, and also makes this craaazy vote in order to reverse psycology us - no mafioso would vote for himself surely...

Crazed Rabbit
09-19-2006, 23:30
So its not enough that we participate and vote, we have to vote the way you want in order not to get kicked out of the game?

*shakes fist at sky again*

Fine, then.
Unvote: No Lynch
Vote: doc_bean

Due to Drisos' suspicions about him.

Crazed Rabbit

Big King Sanctaphrax
09-20-2006, 01:24
I vote: Crazed Rabbit, as his no lynch plan seems decidedly suspect.

Cowhead418
09-20-2006, 04:05
There is not much to go on (no kills? :inquisitive: ) but Crazed Rabbit does seem eager to avoid a lynching. Though there are a lot of other people who are voting against it as well. A lynching should help the village. Sure, most likely a villager is going to be killed and that helps the mafia, but a lynching is the only way we can currently kill a mafia (unless he gets three warnings) and there is a small chance that we could knock off the Godfather. Anyway, I Vote: Crazed Rabbit.

GoreBag
09-20-2006, 05:38
It somehow makes sense to me that CR is the godfather. Vote: Crazed_Rabbit.

Lord Winter
09-20-2006, 05:40
Vote: Divine Wind The Evil snow men of death seems like something the mafia killer would do.

discovery1
09-20-2006, 06:56
Vote: Crazed Rabit Why does he want there to be no lynching anyway?

doc_bean
09-20-2006, 09:29
Vote: Sasaki

For being the one who said we should lynch somebody anyway, although there is definitely more chance we lynch a villager than a mafiosi...

Sasaki Kojiro
09-20-2006, 12:24
Vote: Sasaki

For being the one who said we should lynch somebody anyway, although there is definitely more chance we lynch a villager than a mafiosi...

If there is ever a time when there is a better chance of lynching a mafiosi than a villager, then the mafia have won. 1 villager and 2 mafiosi? That villager is dead.

You are always more likely to lynch a villager. But it's the only way to kill mafia.

Orb
09-20-2006, 13:20
Vote: GeneralHankerchief

He has the right sense of humour for these kills, and he's likely to be selected by the Godfather.

doc_bean
09-20-2006, 13:41
If there is ever a time when there is a better chance of lynching a mafiosi than a villager, then the mafia have won. 1 villager and 2 mafiosi? That villager is dead.

You are always more likely to lynch a villager. But it's the only way to kill mafia.

Sure, but you usually have clues and stuff to base your voting on, voting ad random is pretty pointless.

Silver Rusher
09-20-2006, 13:54
So its not enough that we participate and vote, we have to vote the way you want in order not to get kicked out of the game?

*shakes fist at sky again*

Fine, then.
Unvote: No Lynch

Due to Drisos' suspicions about him.

Crazed Rabbit
Show me where in the rules it says you are allowed to Vote: No Lynch and I will let you.

I won't give warnings to people who voted No Lynch, FYI, their votes just won't be counted, that's all.

Drisos
09-20-2006, 14:12
Good reasoning Orb.

Unvote: doc_bean >>> Vote: GeneralHankerChief

Dutch_guy
09-20-2006, 15:27
Vote: Divine Wind, that snowman is becoming increasingly annoying...

A thing a mafia member is prone to do.

Crazed Rabbit
09-20-2006, 16:00
I vote: Crazed Rabbit, as his no lynch plan seems decidedly suspect.

Wha...? This right after I change my vote to a lynch vote. Ah well. It seems its the fad now-a-days to suspect me. I was just trying to be a bit funny.

Silver Rusher, I'm sorry if I offended you. I meant no such thing, I was just trying, unsuccessfully, to be humorous.

Unvote:doc_bean
Vote: General_Hankerchief

CR
PS. If I do get selected to be lynched, I want to get killed off by hand-grenade after killing a couple of the CoP's red-shirt police officers. Thank you.

Silver Rusher
09-20-2006, 17:00
Evening in the Gameroom.

It had been arguably the cruellest punishment yet, except possibly the tickling, and it happened only because poor Crazed Rabbit had supposedly graffitied Chief of Police GeneralHankerchief's house.

The entire population of the Gameroom, or what was left of it, had to travel all the way to Mt. Tavesuvius for the execution, where CR was to be dropped into a huge pit of lava.

Upon arrival, CR present GH with a hand grenade, saying "It's a gift." before attacking a nearby tree. It seemed he thought the tree was a red-shirt police officer because he said "Die, red-shirt police officer!". Of course, there was no such thing as the Gameroom police force was composed entirely of GH and a detective who may or may not have still been alive at that point.

GH was keen on throwing somebody into the lava pit, though, so he did not use the hand grenade that CR gave him. It took 3 people to pull CR off the tree and get him under control.

"Now you will see what happens to people who like to deface my property." GH said, turning away.

CR was swiftly bound with extra thick nylon rope. With 5 people holding on to the other end, he was pushed into the lava pit. He stopped after having fallen about a foot.

"Why did you deface my property?" GH yelled.

"I didn't!" was the reply.

CR was lowered further.

"Tell me."

"I am telling you, it wasn't me!"

Lowered further still.

"Your feet will go ever closer to that lava if you don't start talking."

"I can talk all you want. I am talking. I didn't do anything wrong, I swear!"

GH shook his head, but before he could come up with a witty remark one person holding the rope let go, seemingly because the weight was too much, shortly followed by the person at the back. The three left were littlelostboy, Bombasticus Maximus and UltraWar. It wasn't long before Crazed Rabbit fell to his death, followed by the three still holding the rope.

Votes:
Crazed Rabbit: 4 votes :skull:
GeneralHankerchief
Divine Wind, UltraWar: 2 votes each
Sasaki Kojiro: 1 vote

Status List:

Killed by Mafia:
Reenk Roink
Ignoramus
Hiji
Leet Eriksson
Krazilec

Wrath of Silver Rusher:
littlelostboy :skull:
Bombasticus Maximus :skull:
Upxl
SSNeoperestroika
IrishArmenian
Tiberius
AggonyDuck

Lynched:
Crazed Rabbit :skull:
Gertgregoor
The_Spartan
B_Ray
Sigurd Fafnesbane

PM:
UltraWar :skull:

Still alive:
GeneralHankerchief
doc_bean
Dutch_guy W
discovery1 WW
Orb
Sasaki Kojiro W
Cowhead418
evil_maniac from mars W
Drisos
Crazed Rabbit W
Divine Wind W
Masy W
Kagemusha WW
Big King Sanctaphrax W
Destroyer_of_Hope
GoreBag W

Night 7 and PMs please. Less than half the original players remain.

Crazed Rabbit
09-20-2006, 17:24
Well, you guys got me. Dangit. But I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

CR

Sasaki Kojiro
09-20-2006, 17:27
Well, you guys got me. Dangit. But I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

CR

Was that a confession?

Drisos
09-20-2006, 19:52
CR's last post before the execution makes me very suspicious about him. Changing his vote to GHC as well, like I did. (could be a last act to try to get the balance towards GHC instead of him, but that's logical as well if he's just an innocent townie..) Well he's dead now. But, his 'confession'... it doen't seem logical. Why would he confess anyway, if he really was mafia...

I'm still slightly suspicious on doc_bean. And, as dutch_guy said: divine wind! He is making sure that if he would ever be mafioso we would never receive any suspicious posts.. It would be safer to lynch him sometime too, if we don't have better things to go on anyway. well, we can still lynch GHC.. or me.. both pretty much suspicious characteres still. I like being alive though. ~;)

GeneralHankerchief
09-20-2006, 22:38
You'd think a guy like the Godfather would realize that everyone would suspect me because of my knowledge of the game.

Ignoramus
09-21-2006, 00:07
Good luck with finding out the mafia, guys.

discovery1
09-21-2006, 02:23
You'd think a guy like the Godfather would realize that everyone would suspect me because of my knowledge of the game.

And what if you are the Godfather?

GeneralHankerchief
09-21-2006, 02:52
And what if you are the Godfather?

Then I would select you and instruct you to play dumb by voting for someone who isn't playing.

Orb
09-21-2006, 11:39
Again Vote:GeneralHankerchief

For the same reasons I did last time.

Also, my internet isn't working, so I may miss out on a few rounds.

Silver Rusher
09-21-2006, 16:00
Again Vote:GeneralHankerchief

For the same reasons I did last time.

Also, my internet isn't working, so I may miss out on a few rounds.
Next round of voting hasn't started yet.

Silver Rusher
09-21-2006, 18:41

Orb sat up and rolled out of bed, happy to know that he’d gone another night in this crazy town without being attacked in his sleep. He was rubbing his eyes with his balled fists when they suddenly shot open as he heard a low rumbling outside.

“I forgot the garbage!” he cried out to no one in particular. Immediately, he began to sprint and leap around the house, collecting bags and filling them with his waste. He rushed out the door still in his Micky Mouse slippers, carrying a large, hastily-knotted, bag of dark plastic.

As he approached the garbage truck at the end of his driveway, he remarked silently to himself that the city worker loading the truck with garbage didn’t seem familiar. This soon left the fore of his mind, though, as his train of thought led him to mentally kick himself.

“If I’d leave the garbage out the night before for once, I wouldn’t even know how the garbage man looked,” he grumbled to himself as he handed his sack of filth to the man in uniform, who received it without so much as a glance up at the man in pyjamas.

Orb turned on his heels and began to head back into his house, deciding that he’d poach some eggs for breakfast, when the garbage man behind him called to him: “Sir?”

Orb turned about once again. “Ye-” he only managed to squeak before a quick blow to his sternum silenced him. He doubled over and gasped before being grabbed by the hair and led to the back of the truck, where he was thrown in headfirst. Orb began to panic and cry for help as he realized what fate awaited him in this terrible trunk - the compactor had begun to move down towards him. Desperately, he crawled his way through leaky bags and loose garbage to the rear of the truck, his progress stalling every few seconds as he slipped on foul liquids or the odd loose banana peel.

He poked his head out of the compactor area after what seemed like an eternity and placed his hands on the lower lip of the great, steel bin, ready to heave himself out of this mess, when he was struck on the nose heavily. He fell backwards into the trash, stunned. The last thing he saw as the compactor finished its slow descent upon him was the silhouette of a man staring back at him from the outside.

As usual, the villagers gathered in the centre of town and were addressed by Chief of Police GeneralHankerchief.

"Today we have lost another member of our community, and as usual you must vote for who you think was responsible." he gestured towards an old, abandoned chemical plant down the road, "In that plant, there is a large vat which I will fill with hyrdrochloric acid. Whoever is executed will be slowly lowered into the vat, and they will be interrogated in the process. Get voting."

Status List:

Killed by Mafia:
Orb :skull:
Reenk Roink
Ignoramus
Hiji
Leet Eriksson
Krazilec

Wrath of Silver Rusher:
littlelostboy
Bombasticus Maximus
Upxl
SSNeoperestroika
IrishArmenian
Tiberius
AggonyDuck

Lynched:
Crazed Rabbit
Gertgregoor
The_Spartan
B_Ray
Sigurd Fafnesbane

PM:
UltraWar

Still alive:
GeneralHankerchief
doc_bean
Dutch_guy W
discovery1 WW
Sasaki Kojiro W
Cowhead418
evil_maniac from mars W
Drisos
Divine Wind W
Masy W
Kagemusha WW
Big King Sanctaphrax W
Destroyer_of_Hope
GoreBag W

Day 7 please.

Drisos
09-21-2006, 19:43
PM:
UltraWar

What does that mean? Has he died in some way?:inquisitive:

edit: just noticed, that quote was there on the previous list as well. seems like it started there. hmmz.. seems like I overread the part of the post in which he dies. I assume he asked you to kill him off because he couldn't check in on the game anymore?

This looks like an attempt to frame GeneralHankerChief

Still suspicious about him. :book:

Masy
09-21-2006, 19:51
This looks like an attempt to frame GeneralHankerChief

Yes indeed. I doubt someone with such vast experience as GeneralHankerChief would draw suspicion upon himself by immediately killing off someone who voted for him. Unless, of course, he wants us to think this way; pehaps using some sort of twisted psychology only a criminal mastermind could devise...

I must contemplate.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-21-2006, 22:22
Vote:Divine Wind For basically lurking the whole game, doing the barest minimum to avoid wrath of god. I'm sorry, but it's the perfect cover for mafia.

Big King Sanctaphrax
09-22-2006, 00:58
I'm with Sasaki.

Vote: Divine Wind.

GoreBag
09-22-2006, 02:44
Drisos brings up some excellent points regarding the frameup, and Divine Wind is pretty low-profile. Good enough for me.

GeneralHankerchief
09-22-2006, 02:48
Vote:Divine Wind For basically lurking the whole game, doing the barest minimum to avoid wrath of god. I'm sorry, but it's the perfect cover for mafia.

Speaking of barest minimum...

I'm going to go with GH's very thin rationale and VOTE: SIGURD.

I'm down with Sasaki and Cowhead's reasoning.

Vote: Gert

I'm with Sasaki.

I find it unlikely that both BKS and DW are the mafia, so I'm going to go with the pouncer here. DW has just done his own thing with that weird Snowman thing, but BKS for the most part has followed the lead of others, especially his fellow mod.

:bobby2: Suggested vote: Big King Sanctaphrax

I will ignore the obvious attempt at framing me.

Cowhead418
09-22-2006, 03:39
Speaking of barest minimum...

I find it unlikely that both BKS and DW are the mafia, so I'm going to go with the pouncer here. DW has just done his own thing with that weird Snowman thing, but BKS for the most part has followed the lead of others, especially his fellow mod.

I will ignore the obvious attempt at framing me.You are right. BKS's posts are short and to the point with barely any reasoning of his own beyond "I'm with so-and-so." This tactic has worked well for the mafia and even some villagers in the past. Vote: Big King Sanctaphrax.

Lord Winter
09-22-2006, 04:01
For the same reason as last time
Vote: Divine Wind

Drisos
09-22-2006, 06:50
Indeed BKS seems to be doing to same as Devine Wind. If we don't find anything better we can lynch him next.:balloon2: (If the kills don't stop... of course)

doc_bean
09-22-2006, 09:51
Vote: Dvine Wind

I still think GeneralH is suspicious, making it look like a frame is a risk, but one he'd probably be willing to take.
Drisos is still on the edge of my list, but basically, the teletubbies thing might have been an easy way to frame him.

I'm voting Divine Wind for suspicious lurking and since I can't see a succesfull prosecution of my two other suspects at the time...

Big King Sanctaphrax
09-22-2006, 11:35
Pfft, trusting the judgement of my fellow villagers is a crime now?

Furthermore, my votes actually started the band-wagons of both B_Ray and CR.

Ignoramus
09-22-2006, 11:38
I wish I hadn't been killed now. I hope you villages avenge me.

discovery1
09-22-2006, 13:24
Vote: Big King Sanctaphrax since he says way too little. GH is rather suspicious though.

Sigurd
09-22-2006, 13:37
:sweatdrop: ... I find it hard not to involve myself in this game.
I shall be strong though :wall:

Orb
09-22-2006, 16:18
*brass band starts playing* Thanks to the mafia for giving me some more free time.

Divine Wind
09-22-2006, 16:44
Edit:

Fine, if i cant commit suicide, then at least let me vote for myself.

Vote: Divine Wind

Silver Rusher
09-22-2006, 17:11
Evening in the Gameroom.

It was time for another execution. The people of the Gameroom gathered inside the abandoned chemical plant to be addressed by Chief of Police GeneralHankerchief.

"People, it is time for the execution. The vat has been filled with hydrochloric acid and the ropes have been set up. Everything is ready." he turned to Divine Wind, who was to be executed. "Any last wo..."

"MWAHAHAHAHA!" DW yelled, holding a katana to his stomach, "When I commit seppuku, I will have died with honour, rather than a filthy execution!"

He was trying to get himself into the right frame of mind to commit the seppuku when a blue beam, coming through the ceiling from the sky, hit Kagemusha, who started behaving like a zombie.

"Must... commit... seppuku" he walked slowly towards DW, who was too confused to do anything, snatched the katana out of his hands and committed seppuku himself.

"NOOOOO!!!" DW yelled. "Now somebody else has committed seppuku with the katana, and if I use the same one it would be dishonourable!"

But DW wasn't yelling for much longer as GH, helped by two villagers of the Gameroom, grabbed DW and took him to the top platform. There he was tied up and slowly lowered into the pit.

"So, DW," GH begun, "who else is in the mafia?"

"I don't know, I'm not in the mafia!"

"Tell me..."

"I have no idea!"

"You must be in the mafia. You were voted for execution. Now who is the Godfather? Unless it is you, that is."

"I don't know who the Godfather is. I don't know who the mafia are. All I know is that you are about to execute an innocent civilian."

Before any more could be said, DW was so close to the acid that the fumes were corroding not only his own body, but the ropes binding him. Soon, he fell to a gruesome death.

Tally
Divine Wind: 5 votes :skull:
Big King Sanctaphrax: 2 votes
doc_bean: 1 vote

Status List:

Killed by Mafia:
Orb
Reenk Roink
Ignoramus
Hiji
Leet Eriksson
Krazilec

Wrath of Silver Rusher:
Kagemusha :skull:
littlelostboy
Bombasticus Maximus
Upxl
SSNeoperestroika
IrishArmenian
Tiberius
AggonyDuck

Lynched:
Divine Wind :skull:
Crazed Rabbit
Gertgregoor
The_Spartan
B_Ray
Sigurd Fafnesbane

PM:
UltraWar

Still alive:
GeneralHankerchief
doc_bean
Dutch_guy WW
discovery1 WW
Sasaki Kojiro W
Cowhead418
evil_maniac from mars WW
Drisos
Masy W
Big King Sanctaphrax W
Destroyer_of_Hope
GoreBag W

Night 8 and PM's please.

Drisos
09-22-2006, 19:47
Drisos is still on the edge of my list, but basically, the teletubbies thing might have been an easy way to frame him.

I don't think it was. Not many people know this weird kind of humour I sometimes have. For some time I thought it was a frame by either you or GG, because you two do know that humour. ~;) And you 'told the people' about that. However I'm not so sure anymore..

I'm feeling suspicious about GHC again. It may have just been the 'ultimate bluf'.. killing Orb. No one would suspect him after such an obvious attempt to frame. However I've got my suspicions about nearly everyone alive.. lets just wait for the next kills. ~:):book:

Reenk Roink
09-22-2006, 20:15
:sweatdrop: ... I find it hard not to involve myself in this game.
I shall be strong though :wall:

Let's start Undead Mafia within the Mafia game! :idea2:

Dutch_guy
09-23-2006, 00:54
Silver, more time to vote would be great, those two warnings are kind of intimidating you know...

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-23-2006, 02:32
Yes, I was entertaining company and now I'm on the verge of elimination. Not cool. :no:

doc_bean
09-23-2006, 09:48
I like the fast pace of this game i Some mafia games it takes a whole week to play a single day and barely anyone post , let alone votes, for fear of drawing suspicion.

Maybe there should be a way to clear warnings though, say vote 3 times in a row= lose one warning ?

Silver Rusher
09-23-2006, 13:09
Yes, I was entertaining company and now I'm on the verge of elimination. Not cool. :no:
24 hours for one vote is long enough. That way it accomodates people from all time zones. As doc said, a voting period which lasts longer than 24 hours would be even more "Not cool."

I've said this in the rules on the front page and I'll say it again. If you think you will be unable to vote in the upcoming execution for whatever reason, PM me in advance and you won't get a warning. I can't see how having company isn't something you will know about 24 hours ahead. Even if you will be gone for up to a week I will let you off the hook. If that's not fair, what is?

Silver Rusher
09-23-2006, 18:54

As Destroyer of Hope is walking home after the latest execution in a gloomy mood, a fellow villager runs up to him and excitedly says "Oh come on, cheer up! I know that was the last of the mafia, I just have a feeling. Let's go bowling!" Having nothing better to do at the moment, DOH accepts the cordial invitation.

At the bowling alley, DOH has been dominating. All he needs for a perfect score is one more strike. 'Too bad there is barely anyone around to see this' he thinks to himself. DOH takes a look around the alley and only sees his friend - even the desks are empty. 'They're probably on break. I need to concentrate now.'

But as DOH is about to let go, his 'friend' suddenly hurls a bowling ball straight into his chest with incredible force, crushing the lungs instantly. As DOH gasps for breath, he is knocked to the floor and dragged to the end of the alley, where he is then tied down with rope - feet facing the pins. As the mafioso winds up, DOH has one last thought: 'I hope he is courteous enough to finish off my perfect game.'

Chief of Police GeneralHankerchief was holding a big spike in his hand when the people gathered to be addressed by him.

"Nice and simple this time. Whoever gets executed gets this spike driven through their head. Get voting."

Status List:

Killed by Mafia:
Destroyer_of_Hope :skull:
Orb
Reenk Roink
Ignoramus
Hiji
Leet Eriksson
Krazilec

Wrath of Silver Rusher:
Kagemusha
littlelostboy
Bombasticus Maximus
Upxl
SSNeoperestroika
IrishArmenian
Tiberius
AggonyDuck

Lynched:
Divine Wind
Crazed Rabbit
Gertgregoor
The_Spartan
B_Ray
Sigurd Fafnesbane

PM:
UltraWar

Still alive:
GeneralHankerchief
doc_bean
Dutch_guy WW
discovery1 WW
Sasaki Kojiro W
Cowhead418
evil_maniac from mars WW
Drisos
Masy W
Big King Sanctaphrax W
GoreBag W

Masy
09-23-2006, 19:42
Hmm, Destroyer of Hope once commented:
Discovery seems sucpisous right now that he hasn't voted for ethier memeber and has not sided with etheir of the major votes

I reckon discovery has been biding his time, patiently waiting to strike back at Destroyer, and thus I Vote: discovery1

Drisos
09-23-2006, 21:01
due to masy.. I don't have time to explain further: Vote: discovery1

GeneralHankerchief
09-23-2006, 21:48
Good work, Masy. He probably thought that we'd miss it.

That, and I don't buy the whole Ice thing. Really, there's playing dumb and then there's playing dumb.

:bobby2: Suggested vote: discovery1

doc_bean
09-23-2006, 21:55

Quickly trying to bandwagon someone else so we won't try to investigate him further ?
He's still on the list, and it's time I start sticking to it...

GeneralHankerchief
09-23-2006, 22:03

Quickly trying to bandwagon someone else so we won't try to investigate him further ?

I'm on the list because I can't be killed by the mafia. The only way they can get rid of me is execute me. Or maybe, the only way you can get rid of me is execute me.

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-23-2006, 22:53
Vote: discovery1

I'm probably going to get my third warning if I don't vote now. Sorry.

Dutch_guy
09-24-2006, 02:17

I'm probably going to get my third warning if I don't vote now. Sorry.

Yes indeed, same here

Cowhead418
09-24-2006, 16:03

I reckon discovery has been biding his time, patiently waiting to strike back at Destroyer, and thus I Vote: discovery1 Not to mention that he voted for Ice twice, even though Ice isn't even playing. That comment combined with his supposed 'innocent stupidity' makes me very suspicious. Vote: discovery1

Sasaki Kojiro
09-24-2006, 16:06
Hmm I'm not convinced on discovery1. But he has two warnings and hasn't posted yet so he's probably dead even if we don't lynch him. Also I don't want a 2nd warning.

Vote:discovery1

Silver Rusher
09-24-2006, 17:22
Evening in the Gameroom.

"Another day, another execution." Chief of Police GeneralHankerchief was addressing the ever dwindling crowd, "But let's make this one quick."

discovery1 didn't have time to react before GH had grabbed him, pushed him onto the ground and stuck a spike through his head. "Go home" he said after the very brief execution.

"STOP!" a familiar voice called from the sky. It was Silver Rusher. "Only ten of you remain. All still alive have done well to get to this point. You need not live in fear of death due to inactivity anymore. All warnings have been wiped, and no more will be given out from now on." This put a smile on the faces of several villagers.

Tally
discovery1: 7 votes :skull:
GeneralHankerchief: 1 vote

Status List:

Killed by Mafia:
Destroyer_of_Hope
Orb
Reenk Roink
Ignoramus
Hiji
Leet Eriksson
Krazilec

Wrath of Silver Rusher:
Kagemusha
littlelostboy
Bombasticus Maximus
Upxl
SSNeoperestroika
IrishArmenian
Tiberius
AggonyDuck

Lynched:
discovery1 :skull:
Divine Wind
Crazed Rabbit
Gertgregoor
The_Spartan
B_Ray
Sigurd Fafnesbane

PM:
UltraWar

Still alive:
GeneralHankerchief
doc_bean
Dutch_guy
Sasaki Kojiro
Cowhead418
evil_maniac from mars
Drisos
Masy
Big King Sanctaphrax
GoreBag

PMs and Night 9 please.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-24-2006, 17:39
Good. Should make for better voting if we aren't under time pressure.

Dutch_guy
09-24-2006, 20:19
Yes, Agreed. :2thumbsup:

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-24-2006, 20:44
Alright! :2thumbsup:

GoreBag
09-24-2006, 23:17
Phew...I missed the vote.

Silver Rusher
09-25-2006, 17:18

The weather had improved a little lately, but he knew it would take a turn for the worse soon, so Evil_Maniac From Mars had taken the opportunity to chop some wood in his backyard for the fireplace. He chopped and chopped all afternoon, and by the time the sun began to set, he’d worked up a sweat. He decided that a lemonade was in order.

After pouring himself a glass and returning to the backyard, sipping casually, his eyes focussed on his chopping block; his wood-axe was gone! The glass of lemonade slipped from his hand and shattered on his wooden deck as morbid thoughts raced through his mind.

“Oh, man...the mafia’s here...they’re gonna get me with my own axe!” he thought as he turned back into his home. He dashed to the nearby fireplace to retrieve the poker and returned to the backyard, desperate to confront the intruder and get him before it was too late.

He crept carefully up to the chopping block, scanning the ground for footprints on the off-chance that he might discover the mafioso’s position. He soon discovered, instead, that the wood-axe had simply not been driven into the block hard enough and had fallen off to the side, obscured from a quick glance. Evil_Maniac From Mars breathed a heavy sigh of relief.

“Forget lemonade. I need a beer,” he said, chuckling to himself. He had only enough time to turn and step once toward his backdoor when he saw a man in a long, brown coat step out from under the deck with a shotgun, which went off with a deafening bang. Seconds afterwards, EMfM hit the ground and never stood back up.

Chief of Police GeneralHankerchief addressed the villagers by the Gameroom Train Station.

"Gentlemen. Our numbers are ever dwindling, and we need to solve the problem fast." A train went by, not stopping at the station. GH held up some ropes in his hands, then pointed to the rope, then to the tracks, then made a cut-throat action. "I think you know what's going to happen to the next lynchee. Get voting, and meet me back here with a picnic when you are done."

Status List:

Killed by Mafia:
evil_maniac from mars :skull:
Destroyer_of_Hope
Orb
Reenk Roink
Ignoramus
Hiji
Leet Eriksson
Krazilec

Wrath of Silver Rusher:
Kagemusha
littlelostboy
Bombasticus Maximus
Upxl
SSNeoperestroika
IrishArmenian
Tiberius
AggonyDuck

Lynched:
discovery1
Divine Wind
Crazed Rabbit
Gertgregoor
The_Spartan
B_Ray
Sigurd Fafnesbane

PM:
UltraWar

Still alive:
GeneralHankerchief
doc_bean
Dutch_guy
Sasaki Kojiro
Cowhead418
Drisos
Masy
Big King Sanctaphrax
GoreBag
9 players remain.

Day 9 please.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-25-2006, 17:43
Hmm so. 9 left. Sigurd was one mafia, and I believe crazed rabbit was another:

CR

He doesn't claim to be mafia but that doesn't sound like a townie. If he was then there's just the godfather left, in which case the town will only lose if we get down to 2 people without lynching him. So we have either 3 or 4 chances at lynching. Given the possible end game scenarios, this makes me very suspicious:

You vote for someone who's third on a bandwagon after this:

I bandwagoned because there was nothing better to go on, funny how it's always the third guy that gets targeted tough :dizzy2:

Now I find that fact that you are going after GH very interesting. If he is mafia, why would he lynch sigurd first round? Why would he be posting so much? The mafia have historically been quiet...like you. People say "he's an obvious person for the godfather to choose as a mafioso" and yet that fact makes it unlikely that he would be chosen as a mafioso. And, imo, we have lynched the 2 chosen mafiosi (sigurd and CR, though we can't be sure about cr).

Now consider the endgame scenario again. What happens if there are two people left, the godfather and GeneralH? The chief of police can't be killed by the mafia, so it would be a tie presumably, or else silver rusher would flip a coin. I bet the godfather would worry about that, his only option would be to get GH lynched.

Vote:doc_bean

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-25-2006, 22:47
I feel special. First time I've ever been killed. :2thumbsup:

Though, on the other hand, where are my Vogons? :shame:

GeneralHankerchief
09-25-2006, 23:37
:bobby2: My two suspects are BKS and doc_bean at this point. Both have done little, especially BKS.

Cowhead418
09-26-2006, 00:11
Hmm so. 9 left. Sigurd was one mafia, and I believe crazed rabbit was another:

He doesn't claim to be mafia but that doesn't sound like a townie. If he was then there's just the godfather left, in which case the town will only lose if we get down to 2 people without lynching him. So we have either 3 or 4 chances at lynching. Given the possible end game scenarios, this makes me very suspicious:

You vote for someone who's third on a bandwagon after this:

Now I find that fact that you are going after GH very interesting. If he is mafia, why would he lynch sigurd first round? Why would he be posting so much? The mafia have historically been quiet...like you. People say "he's an obvious person for the godfather to choose as a mafioso" and yet that fact makes it unlikely that he would be chosen as a mafioso. And, imo, we have lynched the 2 chosen mafiosi (sigurd and CR, though we can't be sure about cr).

Now consider the endgame scenario again. What happens if there are two people left, the godfather and GeneralH? The chief of police can't be killed by the mafia, so it would be a tie presumably, or else silver rusher would flip a coin. I bet the godfather would worry about that, his only option would be to get GH lynched.

Vote:doc_beanVery deep analysis, it is bound to get harder for the mafia as the numbers dwindle, as it is harder to escape the vote. Vote: doc_bean.

GoreBag
09-26-2006, 05:43

I hadn't even considered that. I was going to vote for BKS, but this has swayed me.

Drisos
09-26-2006, 06:23
I've been suspecting doc_bean for quite a while now. Sasaki even added to this. Yet this time, people are actually voting for him so we'll finally see if I were right.. :jumping::book:

:skull: !!!:balloon2:

:2thumbsup:

doc_bean
09-26-2006, 11:52
Well I'm no mafia, but I have to say Sasaki's analysis is one of the best I've read here.

I don't have much to go on, so I'm just going to continue to vote:Drisos

See you in the next life, and I hope you catch the godfather !~:wave:

Dutch_guy
09-26-2006, 12:52
Vote:Drisos

The combination :skull: !!! :balloon2: is offending ~;)

Drisos
09-26-2006, 15:54
Vote:Drisos

The combination :skull: !!! :balloon2: is offending ~;)

lol yeah.. I expected you to for me after using the balloon. ~:)

btw: gah! sigurd must have been mafia. crazed rabbit or gertgregoor may have been the second, though we can never be sure of having lynched the second mafioso as well. if after doc_bean we still haven't won.. few people remain. :( I just don't know anymore who to vote.. perhaps GHC? maybe even fellow investigator sasaki? after doc_bean, all of you are the same level of suspiciousness lol.. ~:)

Silver Rusher
09-26-2006, 18:45
Evening in the Gameroom.

As Chief of Police GeneralHankerchief had asked, the villagers (or those that remained) met up at the Gameroom Train Station for the execution. doc_bean was tied onto the railway tracks, and the people picnicked under the fading sky, waiting for the train to arrive.

But it was 8:55 PM and no train had arrived.

"The train should be here by now," mused GH, "it was scheduled to go past 5 minutes a-"

Before he could say anymore, the train flew fast behind him, blowing his policeman's hat off, and db's body was a bloody, dead mess.

"Oh..." GH commented, "Ah well. Go home and get some sleep."

Tally
doc_bean: 4 votes :skull:
Drisos: 2 votes

Status List:

Killed by Mafia:
evil_maniac from mars
Destroyer_of_Hope
Orb
Reenk Roink
Ignoramus
Hiji
Leet Eriksson
Krazilec

Wrath of Silver Rusher:
Kagemusha
littlelostboy
Bombasticus Maximus
Upxl
SSNeoperestroika
IrishArmenian
Tiberius
AggonyDuck

Lynched:
doc_bean :skull:
discovery1
Divine Wind
Crazed Rabbit
Gertgregoor
The_Spartan
B_Ray
Sigurd Fafnesbane

PM:
UltraWar

Still alive:
GeneralHankerchief
Dutch_guy
Sasaki Kojiro
Cowhead418
Drisos
Masy
Big King Sanctaphrax
GoreBag
8 players remain.

Night 10 and PM's please.

Moros
09-26-2006, 20:05
whispers from the death: is there really nobody who does some thinking? At least when you voted me you guys were doing some thinking, no start thinking, communicating instead of just one guy who votes for someone without a good reason and everybody following him.

(snip)-Sasaki

Silver Rusher
09-26-2006, 20:47
nm :no:

Dutch_guy
09-26-2006, 20:49
It's probably me, but I don't quite see how I'm framing Drisos.

Moros
09-26-2006, 20:56
Are you saying it's lilky to be you? Now that's some good defence!
anyway the reference was made from the first kills with the teletubies, but as speculation isn't allowed, I won't continue any further.

hmmm speculaas.

Dutch_guy
09-26-2006, 21:03
No...I didn't say it was likely me, I said I probably missed out on something everybody around me was thinking. However, that didn't / doesn't seem to be the case.

Speculaas is lekker :2thumbsup:

doc_bean
09-27-2006, 08:17
whispers from the death: is there really nobody who does some thinking? At least when you voted me you guys were doing some thinking, no start thinking, communicating instead of just one guy who votes for someone without a good reason and everybody following him.

(snip)-Sasaki

Good point, bad timing, this was pretty much the first time someone used deductive reasoning here, of course, it was wrong, because I'm just not consistent :laugh4:

Silver Rusher
09-27-2006, 18:38

After Masy gets home from the latest execution, he falls into a deep slumber. His dreams are haunted by nightmares full of death, destruction, and tyranny. He wakes up the next morning in a cold sweat, and stumbles to the kitchen. Masy is startled to see someone there.

"Hello Masy. I thought I'd do you a favor this morning by making some fresh, hot coffee for you."

"I appreciate the show of good will, but you do realize you are breaking and entering, don't you?"

"Oh, come off it Masy. Here, your coffee is ready. Careful, it is scalding hot."

As Masy walks forward to receive his coffee, suddenly the coffee pot tips over and its contents spill all over Masy, instantly causing severe burns. Before Masy can react further the mafioso smashes a frying pan into his victim's head, knocking him out cold. The killer then proceeds to dig up a large grave and dumps the body into it. Masy is buried alive.

The villagers gathered, as usual, in the centre of town to be addressed by Chief of Police GeneralHankerchief. So few of them were left, it was already feeling like a disturbing alien world.

"This round of voting is very important. It is crucial that we find the culprit now, or else it may be too late." GH began, "Get voting." He turned and walked off.

At that moment, a villager asked, "Err... what about the method of execution?"

"You will find out."

Status List:

Killed by Mafia:
Masy :skull:
evil_maniac from mars
Destroyer_of_Hope
Orb
Reenk Roink
Ignoramus
Hiji
Leet Eriksson
Krazilec

Wrath of Silver Rusher:
Kagemusha
littlelostboy
Bombasticus Maximus
Upxl
SSNeoperestroika
IrishArmenian
Tiberius
AggonyDuck

Lynched:
doc_bean
discovery1
Divine Wind
Crazed Rabbit
Gertgregoor
The_Spartan
B_Ray
Sigurd Fafnesbane

PM:
UltraWar

Still alive:
GeneralHankerchief
Dutch_guy
Sasaki Kojiro
Cowhead418
Drisos
Big King Sanctaphrax
GoreBag
7 players remain.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-27-2006, 18:51
Uff, and I thought my reasoning was pretty good. Guess I was wrong. Or else doc_bean was a mafioso and CR wasn't. No way of telling.

Masy
09-27-2006, 19:00
Aw nuts... Who would want to kill me...

Big King Sanctaphrax
09-27-2006, 19:45
You know, I'm getting a kind of 'clever mafia' vibe from Sasaki. He's playing the dutiful villager part to a tee-almost too well. It's just a hunch, and not enough to merit a vote, but...well, I'll see what ideas other people have.

GeneralHankerchief
09-27-2006, 20:04
BKS. I am absolutely certain. People have targeted him for several rounds now and yet he continues to slip by, and the killing continues. He has done the bare minimum to really stay unnoticed, but yet not be suspicious. Even now he waits to commit until somebody else presents a solid argument.

This time, you're finished.

Big King Sanctaphrax
09-27-2006, 20:25
Heh, I've been offline for the past few days-moving into uni halls-so there's absolutely no way I could be in the mafia. You could probably see by looking at my post history, if you were so inclined.

I think your zealousness is decidedly dodgy, though. Vote: GeneralHankerchief.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-27-2006, 20:34
You know, I'm getting a kind of 'clever mafia' vibe from Sasaki. He's playing the dutiful villager part to a tee-almost too well. It's just a hunch, and not enough to merit a vote, but...well, I'll see what ideas other people have.

Heh, I've been offline for the past few days-moving into uni halls-so there's absolutely no way I could be in the mafia. You could probably see by looking at my post history, if you were so inclined.

I think your zealousness is decidedly dodgy, though. Vote: GeneralHankerchief.

HAH, you sure changed your mind quickly.

BKS: "I'll see what ideas other people have"
Translation: "I'll wait and see if anyone else jumps on the wagon"

BKS: "I think your zealousness is decidedly dogdy, though"
Translation: "you voted me so I'm voting you"

BKS: "you could probably see this by looking at my post history"
Translation: "I deliberately didn't post for a few days to give myself an alibi"

You've bandwagoned throughout the game without giving reasoning, usually just "I agree with so and so's reasoning". GH has for several days remarked that he finds you suspicious and yet suddenly he's overzealous now?

Vote:Big King Sanctaphrax

Big King Sanctaphrax
09-27-2006, 20:43
BKS: "you could probably see this by looking at my post history"
Translation: "I deliberately didn't post for a few days to give myself an alibi"

Doesn't this seem rather far-fetched to you?

Sasaki Kojiro
09-27-2006, 21:04
Doesn't this seem rather far-fetched to you?

No. Several people have gotten off in the past few games because their "last visited" date showed they hadn't been online. You obviously thought you'd give it a try. Too cute, sorry.

GeneralHankerchief
09-27-2006, 22:27
NOTE: If somebody leaves for up to a week and tells me why in a PM they will still be in the game and will be able to participate again when they return, unless they die during the period in which they are away. If anybody in the mafia, except for the Godfather, has to leave while they are still alive, it will be handled in the same way. Their Godfather will be responsible for PMing me with the kill stories. If the Godfather goes away while he is the active murderer, the dead Mafiosi will be contacted and asked to PM with the kill stories. If they cannot do this, I (God) will simply kill the appropriate number of people and make it seem like the mafia were responsible. If the Godfather and another Mafioso are both away, the remaining Mafioso, regardless of whether he/she is dead or alive will be asked to PM me with the kills. In the extremely unlikely event that everyone in the mafia is away, I will kill people myself as explained above. If anybody tells me they are going for more than 1 week they will have to commit suicide. And finally, if the detective goes away there will be no investigations.

Your absence would not matter.

GoreBag
09-27-2006, 22:35
I've had my suspicions, but figured I'd get whacked if I spoke up before now. If we don't lynch BKS, it might be over.

Vote: BKS.

Big King Sanctaphrax
09-27-2006, 23:20
All right, but you're all going to be disapointed.

Cowhead418
09-28-2006, 00:15
Vote: BKS. You not being on the past few days just makes me more certain that you are doing the bare minimum to get by. Also, you waiting to see how other people are going to vote is certainly suspicious. I knew the Kingdom of Peace and Love was a sham...:no:

Drisos
09-28-2006, 07:11
Vote: GeneralHankerChief

It just doesnt feel right to me, executing BKS, he seems in some way innocent. I'm going with GeneralHankerChief.. he seems to be going with other people's reasoning and enpowers other people even more to vote with someone. (this time BKS, but anyhow he makes sure he is not voted on (too much))

Silver Rusher
09-28-2006, 19:23
Evening in the Gameroom.

Chief of Police GeneralHankerchief, Dutch_guy, Cowhead418, Drisos, Big King Sanctaphrax and GoreBag lined up in the cold village square. Something didn't feel... right. Anxiety filled the air, and not a single person was speaking. It was an incredibly awkward experience. They were all waiting for GH to begin the execution.

But for the first time that evening, a mouth was opened. "Hey, where's..." BKS knew he was going to die anyway, but before he could say any more, a short, sharp sound was heard and BKS fell to the ground, a bloodstain appearing on his back.

Dutch_guy turned his head sharply towards BKS' corpse, before his head was pierced, leaving a dark red liquid oozing out of the side. A few seconds later, Drisos succumbed to the same fate.

At that exact moment, Godfather GeneralHankerchief and his cronies Cowhead418 and GoreBag readied themselves. Someone else was muscling in on their beat. Cowhead pulled up his trouser leg and pulled a pistol out of each of his socks. GB opened the buttons on his shirt and took out the two pistols strapped to his chest. GH took off his chief-of-police had where he had concealed a tommy gun, which he armed himself with.

Creak. A door opened in roughly the same direction that the shots had come from and Sasaki Kojiro stepped out wearing a pinstripe suit and a bowler hat. The Mafia pointed their weapons at him, but he stood there calmly, smoking a cigarette as if he hadn't even noticed.

"Heheheh..." Sasaki began, "You fellas have no sense of gratitude." He dropped his finished cigarette on the ground and stubbed it with his foot, "I have been helping you guys wipe out this town the whole time, and now I have 5 guns in my face!"

"Wha..." GH was obviously shocked and confused, but gripping his tommy gun tightly, "What are you talking about? I run this town, not you, Sasaki."

"That's no way to talk to your superiors." SK replied, maintaining his calm, "You're only here now because of me. I was the one who chose you to come here and wipe out the town. After the failed attempts at slaughtering the Frontroom, Vincenzo thought we needed to do a better job. So he sent me down here."

"Vincenzo sent you here?" GH couldn't take all this in.

"Damn right. My first job was to choose that fool of a detective, Ignoramus. I'm most proud of that part of my job. The guy revealed himself under confidence that B_Ray was in the mafia, but he never even investigated 'im! And that was only in the second round. There is no uncorrupt police force around here, so all I needed to do was pretend to be in the OSP (Orgah Secret Police) and approach him, he led all those people off track. All these times you came close to death, I defended you, General. If it weren't for me, you fools would be done in with your own execution methods."

"So lemme get this straight." Cowhead butted in, "You've been runnin' this operation all this time and none of us, the people you employed, ever knew about it?"

"Yeah, and why are we supposed to believe you anyway?" GB added.

"Well," Sasaki answered, "I didn't really run it. GH did that. All I did was make sure you didn't screw up. And you can believe me, 'cos if you don't, the mafia will come down on you so hard that you and your entire family will be dead within a week."

"What can I say then?" GH had experienced a revelation, "You have my thanks, Sasaki. We couldn't have done it without you." GoreBag and Cowhead nodded.

"Now, I think our work here is done, so who wants to go to the Elephant and Cannon, have a bit of a celebration?" SK smiled, "I think the bartender is the only guy in this sorry town we haven't killed."

RESULT: :skull: :skull: :skull: TOTAL MAFIA VICTORY! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Survivors:
GeneralHankerchief - Mafia Godfather ~:pimp:
Sasaki Kojiro - Mafia Mastermind :pimp2:
Cowhead418 - Mafia Grunt :smoking:
GoreBag - Mafia Grunt :smoking:

Runners Up:
Dutch_guy
Drisos
Big King Sanctaphrax

Dead:
Masy
evil_maniac from mars
Destroyer_of_Hope
Orb
Reenk Roink
Ignoramus - Detective :policeman:
Hiji
Leet Eriksson
Krazilec
Kagemusha
littlelostboy
Bombasticus Maximus
Upxl
SSNeoperestroika
IrishArmenian
Tiberius
AggonyDuck
doc_bean
discovery1
Divine Wind
Crazed Rabbit
Gertgregoor
The_Spartan
B_Ray
Sigurd Fafnesbane
UltraWar

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Kommodus said a while ago that he would be hosting his own mafia game, and GeneralHankerchief is going to start Mafia IV very soon. To both of those people, I would appreciate if you would let me post my very long write-up (uh-huh) first. If I ever do another one of these games, it will be at the very earliest after one or the other of these two games is finished.

I would also appreciate even more if anybody else wishing to start their own Mafia/Mafia related game would wait until Kommodus and GH had finished their own ones first.

Dutch_guy
09-28-2006, 19:29
What can I say, good job...

Four mobsters is a lot though, that said, we were wiped out.

Gotta put more time in future mafia games, posted a considerably less amount of investigative posts in this one. Needless to say, that was pretty stupid.

EDIT: Also, Nice story telling Silver Rusher

Silver Rusher
09-28-2006, 19:42
Four mobsters is a lot though, that said, we were wiped out.
You gotta remember that it only takes 1 of them to be killed for them all to lose, and only 2 can kill to begin with (the other taking it up when all others have died.

GoreBag
09-28-2006, 19:46
And to think I considered having Sasaki whacked last round.

Masy
09-28-2006, 19:47
Well, balls. New Game anyone?

Also:

Yes indeed. I doubt someone with such vast experience as GeneralHankerChief would draw suspicion upon himself by immediately killing off someone who voted for him. Unless, of course, he wants us to think this way; pehaps using some sort of twisted psychology only a criminal mastermind could devise...

I must contemplate.

So close...well played chaps.

GeneralHankerchief
09-28-2006, 20:11
Wow, thanks for the help, Sasaki. You had me totally fooled.

I had this grand finale planned where we would finally kill off two a round and leave you as the only innocent, and laugh in your face as you realized that we were playing you the whole time.

But I guess that wasn't necessary. :pimp:

Good game, everyone. I'll have a commentary coming shortly, as well as Mafia IV.

EDIT: So would anything have happened if we whacked Sasaki early on?

GoreBag
09-28-2006, 20:24
Well, balls. New Game anyone?

Also:

So close...well played chaps.

That was actually my idea. I banked on the notion that people wouldn't vote for GH because it would be too obvious. Besides, Orb was irritatingly voting for my boss day in and day out. Two birds with one stone.

Orb
09-28-2006, 20:53
I said 'GH!' But does anyone listen to the poor sphere. No, they don't!

Drisos
09-28-2006, 20:58
I don't understand one bit of it.:dizzy2:

GeneralHankerchief
09-28-2006, 21:20
Commentary. Not as long as when I'm running the game.

As soon as I received Silver's PM saying I was the Godfather ("randomly, I swear") I knew that the job of picking two mafiosi would be very important. After a little bit of contemplation, I settled on Cowhead418. He was an established mafioso who both seemed to always for the mafia, and he did very well in Mafia II. In case people figured out my reasoning with Cowhead, GoreBag was my backup. This would be his first game and would be the wild card pick. He satisfied my expectations.

My first PM to the mafiosi was saying that I would give them a lot of free reign over who they killed. This was to distance themselves from me, and I think I only stepped in once or twice.

Amazingly, during the first kill session both Cowhead and GoreBag didn't get their kills in on time. So instead of an execution, there was an election. I figured that me being Chief of Police would be an excellent alibi so I entered and won by a large margin. In retrospect I think it would have been better had I not gotten the job.

Immediately Sigurd suggested that it would be terrible if I were a mafioso, yet alone the Godfather. I wanted this sentiment extinguished, so I attacked Sigurd full-throttle, totally ignoring what he said about my position and instead making some ridiculous logic about viking rites of passage. Luckily, everyone bought it and it seemed as if I had lots of influence.

GoreBag missed his kill for the second round. At first I was annoyed, and posted something along the lines of "a mafioso might not have gotten his kill in on time." Luckily nobody noticed. Eventually, after some discussion with the mafia, and judging by the number of people acting jubilantly, we decided to use this to our advantage and only kill one a round. Hopefully this would cement my alibi.

My main strategy in the game was to convince the influential people that I was innocent. The influentials, in turn, would speak in favor of me and convince everyone else that I was just an ordinary cop. Sasaki was on board, but now I realize that this wasn't due to our strategy.

This same round, Ignoramus, for whatever reason, revealed himself. Maybe Sasaki had something to do with it, I'm anxious to hear his thoughts. I couldn't believe it. I immediately publicly doubted him, in which he PM'd me saying he was the Detective. He said he trusted me, and pushing my luck, I asked who he had investigated (Sasaki and UltraWar, apparently). I then forwarded our conversation to GoreBag and Cowhead and told them that he needed to be gone. Ig was suspicious about my later PMing but I told him that it was for Will of the Senate. Who cares, he was as good as dead. But I was still suspicious about the real detective.

And so we settled in for the long haul. Several people suspected me, but there were always people advocating my innocence (namely Sasaki). Generally those suspecting me were either removed via execution or, in once case, by the mafia.

I was always confident that we would win, but the point where I was most in doubt was when Orb accused me and a couple of people voted for me. I had made a suspicious post and Ignoramus PM'd me flat-out asking if I was the Godfather. I dismissed him with a "no" and hoped that I would survive.

The next round, GoreBag chose to whack Orb. I was a little bit wary, but I saw his reasoning and didn't intervene. At this point my strategy now pretty much rested on keeping Sasaki, our greatest ally, on my good side. He had PM'd me earlier saying I couldn't be mafia because of the Sigurd thing and because I posted too much.

Meanwhile, endgame was approaching. In previous games the mafia had collapsed when victory was at hand. I wanted to make sure that this wouldn't happen. So I selected a scapegoat to suggest and eventually, go after full-throttle. This would be BKS (at one time it was Sasaki, another Drisos). My plan was keep killing one per turn, excluding Sasaki who seemed clueless. Once we had the numbers, we would kill off two people again and leave Sasaki realizing that he had been played the entire time. I had the final vote something along these lines in my head:

Sasaki: ... what? There's only one person who could have masterminded this. Vote: GH.

GH: Good reasoning, Sasaki, but you no longer have the numbers. Kill him.

In the end, it didn't matter.

During the game, GoreBag, Cowhead, and I thoroughly ignored each other. This was unspoken, but nevertheless I think it might have helped. At that point I just wanted to stay alive long enough to have numbers, and if my mafia were gone then that couldn't happen. So kudos, guys. You did great.

Also kudos to Sasaki Kojiro. At first I thought I was just outsmarting you, but you went along with my plans splendidly. Don't know if my reasoning would have worked on anybody if you were innocent.

Finally, an excellent job to Silver Rusher for organizing this game. You did real well, mate. I look forward to these games in the future.

Oh, one last thing: I apologize to those I lied to/used as pawns during the game: Sigurd, Ignoramus, and BKS. Sorry guys, it was done purely for the game.

Coming tomorrow: MAFIA IV!!! :rifle: :rifle: :rifle:

Ignoramus
09-28-2006, 23:29
You pest GH! You had me totally fooled. I really shouldn't have revealed myself, but I wanted to try and work together with people to find the mafia.

Sasaki Kojiro
09-28-2006, 23:44
Bahahahaa! That was an amazingly fun game, thanks very much Silver Rusher.

About my role:

I chose the godfather and the detective and was informed of who the godfather chose to be mafia and who the detective investigated.

I could choose one person each turn to have false information, if the detective investigated them he would get an incorrect result.

If killed by mafia someone else would be randomly killed instead. I thought it would be cooler if they didn't even try so I professed my belief in his innocence to GH through private messages several times.

Pre-Game

So, shortly before the start of the game I was informed by SR that I had been randomly chosen as the mafia mastermind, and was told to choose a godfather and a detective.

I based my choice of General Hankerchief for godfather partly on my observations of my mafia game. People liked him and I thought it was unlikely that they would semi-randomly bandwagon him. I believe I was right, as several times people accused him but it never took off. I figured he would know what he was doing as well. I admit him being an obvious choice for godfather and therefore suspicious never occured from me, but in the end you can use that argument in your favor.

For the detective I was at first going to choose discover1 as he had been killed early last few games and I thought the mafia might go with tradition. But I eventually chose Ignoramus for odd behavior in the other mafia game.

The games starts

I chose Cowhead418 as the person for the detective to get an incorrect result on. An obvious choice really. Later on I anticipated making someone who hadn't been executed seem very suspicious so that Ignoramus would investigate him and get a wrong result. This never came to pass though.

Instead of murders the game started with an election which surprised me. In keeping with my character I decided to try and get GH elected and voted for him. To my delight the villagers selected him overwhelmingly. I thought this would be useful, as it meant he could post frequently and still have an ironclad excuse for why he hadn't been killed by the mafia in the endgame.

Kralizec and leet eriksonn killed

False investigation was Cowhead again.

Noticing the trend for previous mafia games where the first few people voted for were more likely to be executed even if the votes were random, I jumped right in and voted for Reenk Roink with a joky reason. Almost instantly 4 or so people jumped on the wagon. I was pleased. Also, I don't think the mafia were often the first to vote in the last games so I was trying to make myself look innocent.

GH started a wagon on Sigurd with some reasoning or other (I'm still not sure what lol) which soon proved very popular. I picked out what I thought could be seen as a suspicious post by AggonyDuck and voted for him to show I was trying to root out the mafia.

Hiji Killed

Forgot to send false investigation to SR.

I was surprised to see only one kill. I assumed that this was because of the AggonyDuck death (limit 2 deaths per night?). I lost no time in pointing out that this meant Sigurd must have been mafia as this would delude the town and make GH look innocent. I mentioned B_Ray as a possible candidate for mafia in passing. Immediately a wagon started on him. I was surprised, but was going to let it run its course. GH stepped in with a clever move, defending B_Ray. I agreed with him and stated that those who had been on the B_ray wagon were suspicious. Since gorebag was one of those I singled out doc_bean specifically.

Then Ignoramus drops the bomb and names GH as godfather. I immediately regretted choosing him as detective. I had to leave before I could think up a post so I just dropped a skeptical smiley and left it at that. I still don't know what convinced Ignoramus of B_Ray and GH's guilt.

Fortunately GH defended himself quite well and no one voted for him or even discussed Ignoramus's post. It was at this point that I realized we would win. The townspeople were too lazy and too eager to lynch.

As a bonus, the detective had named me innocent. Mwahahaha

Ignoramus killed (no surprises there)

I was delighted to see that GH and crew had decided to keep with the one kill per day. Making GH seem innocent was priority #1. I quickly stated that I believed it was Sigurd and not B_Ray who was a mafioso. I also posted some helpful looking analysis which coincidentaly put all three mafioso's in the "probably innocent" category. I wasn't worried by that fact that I was in the "more likely to be guilty" category, I could defend myself and had been named innocent. GH was the only one to even mention this.

The spartan made a careless point and I accused him --> bandwagon --> execution. All too easy. We were on a roll.

Reenk Roink killed

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"

Following the pattern that seemed to be working, I quickly jumped in and cast suspicion on Drisos and Gertgregoor. This was picked up on and Gertgregoor was lynched.

No one killed, but 4 wrath of god

I was pleased to see the wrath of god come into play, it made up for the fact that we were only killing one per turn, and anyway it's hard to start wagons on lurkers.

I noticed that Crazed Rabbit had voted no lynch, and decided to accuse him on that basis (it's bad for town). I posted without reading the second page where GH also voted no lynch *oops* it made me look innocent at least. Happily, people picked up on the Crazed Rabbit wagon (Cowhead gave a good boost to a lot of these wagons, well played m8).

CR posted his regrets which I thought could be made to look like a confession. I would use this later. Also, it's always good to have the townspeople think they are winning, and that at least some of the wagons I was starting had merit.

Orb is killed

...right after voting GH. I liked the boldness :)

Our numbers were slimming down. I decided Divine Wind would be an easy target. He was.

Destroyer of Hope is killed

A bandwagon quickly starts on discovery1. doc_bean calls GH on bandwagoning, this made me decide to get him lynched, using that very post against him. Aided by "I don't want another warning" sentiments which I was happy to buy into, the lynch is quick.

emfm is killed

With 9 remaining, we only had to lynch one more before ensuring our victory. I posted the argument against doc_bean which I'd been saving. It was popular.

Masy killed

With 7 left and 4 mafia the game is essentially over, though GH's lack of vote meant we couldn't force lynch anybody. Through PM discussion with GH I knew he was going after BKS. I did as well. BKS and Drisos seemed to realize something was up this round. I'm curious as to how Dutch_Guy would have voted. I wasn't taking particular pains to appear innocent now, hadn't for a while once I realized people were so eager to wagon. If had actually been innocent I would have been very hesitant about voting anyone.

Dutch_guy, Drisos, and BKS killed (by yours truly :D )

Loved the endstory Silver.

All in all a REALLY fun game for me. I was the only one who knew what was going on, and enjoyed pulling strings. In future games I do hope the town will be a little more pro-active. It certainly will be if I'm a townie.

Kommodus
09-29-2006, 03:44
~:eek:

Wow, I must say, that's some fantastic strategizing on the part of the mafia! You guys had the hapless townspeople dancing to your tune the entire way through! GH, I had thought my strategy was good, but yours had more depth. My tactics depended on totally avoiding suspicion, and once accused I couldn't defend myself effectively. You, on the other hand, seemed to laugh in the face of multiple accusations, and successfully defended yourself each time. Your idea of getting the influential people on your side (rather than killing them off) was also a clever move.

Sasaki, that was some masterful manipulation on your part - you made it look easy. The poor townspeople never knew what hit 'em; although in fairness, they didn't know there would be a mafia mastermind. I'd say that given the team of villains assembled for this game, your chances of success were good, and you certainly seized the opportunity!

Congratulations are also in order for the other two mafiosos, who thoroughly avoided suspicion, and for Silver Rusher on a game well-hosted. :balloon2:

I've noticed a bit of a trend here: as more people host Mafia and Mafia-like games, each individual game seems to get less attention, and some stagnate. That said, I'm not certain I'm going to host a game of my own just yet, as too many games going simultaneously can kill each one. GH, if you're starting yours up right away, I may wait a while. Sasaki's game will be over soon, as will UltraWar's. It would probably be better for me to wait until that point to begin.

doc_bean
09-29-2006, 08:28
I was pretty sure GeneralHankerChief was the Godfather, I voted for him several times, alas, no one followed and I couldn't prove a thing...

Well played !

Big King Sanctaphrax
09-29-2006, 08:47
Ouch, we really got owned.

Must try harder next time.

Sigurd
09-29-2006, 09:26
Oh, this was a particular hard game to wait out.
:wall:

I had you pegged GH from the start and as the game progressed I was more and more sure. Should I say that the townies were fools for not listening? Nah… I kept silent as a dead man should, but it was hard I tell you.

You guys left many clues in your write ups. In future games, be mindful of the demographics of its contestants. The write ups were too elaborate for any Euro to copy. From the wording and phrasing it was obvious that we dealt with North Americans in the mafia.
On my shortlist of possible mafia members were GH, Sasaki, Discovery1 and Gorebag.

Mafia is really just a big riddle and the clues lies in the text written.

Ignoramus
09-29-2006, 09:47
Well played guys. As soon as I was killed, I knew GH was the Godfather. It was stupid of me to reveal myself to GH, but I slightly misunderstood the role of the detective.

Reenk Roink
09-29-2006, 11:45
Sasaki Kojiro is perma listed! :laugh4:

Cowhead418
09-29-2006, 13:02
Sasaki Kojiro is perma listed! :laugh4:Actually it was I who killed you. :evil: This was a great game, it was fun coming up with my kills. Sasaki, I had no idea - I too had planned to leave you as the only innocent and make you realize you had been played all along. I was actually afraid that someone might realize there were two different styles in the kills (Gorebag and I switched off every round) but no one seemed to notice. Total mafia victory! Drinks all around!:2thumbsup:

Silver Rusher
09-29-2006, 20:13
I hereby present my writeup for The Godfather, Part 1. (WARNING: VERY, VERY, VERY LONG)

Lead Up

A few days before the start of the game I was thinking of a way to spice it up a bit. I had many ideas, but the prominent one was to have a secret character responsible for choosing The Godfather. The unknown brains behind the mafia's operation, finger in every pie, connections everywhere, that sort of thing. My random generation system came up with Sasaki Kojiro; he was then given a lengthy PM explaining the details of his job. He had to do several things; 1. Choose the Godfather before finding out the Godfather's choice of Mafiosi, 2. Choose the Detective, (the secret investigative service around these parts is very corrupt heheh) 3. Predict the person the detective will investigate each turn and mess the investigation up, e.g. the detective picks Bob, Sasaki picks Bob, Bob is innocent but the detective thinks he is guilty, (I shall say at this point that there were never any 'suspicious characters', I simply made that up so that when Sasaki successfully wrecked the detectives investigation on an innocent there would be no questions) 4. Promote the Mafia and defend them when they are under fire. Oh yeah, and another feature of Sasaki's role was that if the Mafia chose to try to kill him, they would instead end up killing someone else by accident.

Sasaki Kojiro picked GeneralHankerchief as the Godfather. Here is his PM to me:

My choice is GeneralHankerchief of course. Knows the game and is universally liked.

I think you should tell him that my role is "honorable citizen" and I can't be corrupted by the mafia. The stranger role doesn't really work if I'm one of the mafia.

Sasaki

Next, he chose Ignoramus as the detective. At the time, I had absolutely no idea why (he gave no reason, and I expected him to pick someone like The_Spartan (no offense TS, but you gotta admit, some of the things you did in Mafia III were a bit iffy) but I was to find out soon.

GeneralHankerchief chose Cowhead418 and GoreBag to be his grunts.

Interesting, very interesting... this first PM I send you will probably determine the game. I need to think carefully now...

I'll go with Cowhead418 as my first choice; he's a reliable mafioso and knows how to play. However the villagers may see through this deception, so Gorebag is my other choice. He's a total wild card and I know he won't fail me. ~:pimp:

The game was set to begin. Unfortunately, however, it didn't.

Day 1
Cowhead418 kills nobody.
GoreBag kills nobody.
Ignoramus investigates Sasaki Kojiro.
Sasaki Kojiro provides alibi for Cowhead418.
Before I say anything else, well done for investigating Sasaki first round, Ignoramus, but unfortunately part of his role is that he is innocent to investigations.

Anyway, the game had begun and did not have what I would call 'a good start'. Neither of the Mafia got their kills in on time, and as a result nobody could be executed. This was very annoying. I remember talking to GH in the chat before posting the kills, and he shared my anxiety. In the meantime, however, I decided that my game of Mafia wasn't complete without a chief of police like Beirut in GH's version, and so I decided to take advantage of the lack of kills to have the people vote for a police chief instead. This person would not be able to vote but to make up for it could not be killed by the mafia and got to choose the executions.

At first a lot of people voted for themselves. GH came up with a small alibi by asking what had happened with the lack of kills. Then, however, Sasaki began a campaign to put his 'puppet' in the police chief's hat by saying that he deserved a fun role of some kind (nice one Sasaki ~;)). Nobody seemed to pay attention at first, except GH who voted for himself. When people did listen, Sasaki's strategy seemed to have the wrong effect as he got 3 votes for himself in quick succession. Orb tried to start a mini-bandwagon on The Spartan based on the fact that he was unhelpful, but Sasaki quickly blasted it out of the field. Then, however GH got a landslide of 9 votes and so Sasaki had done his job to a tee. GH was not only the Godfather, but also the new chief of police. Talk about corruption. I think it would have actually made a lot of sense for Ignoramus to put himself forwards and reveal himself at this point. Had everyone known he was the detective and he was immune to mafia kills, the villagers would have been at a huge advantage. I think he just wasn't around during that vote, unfortunately for the villagers, as he didn't vote but picked up on it afterwards by saying "Wouldn't it be good if GH was the detective?" or something along those line.

Day 2
Cowhead418 kills Krazilec.
GoreBag kills Leet Eriksson.
Ignoramus investigates UltraWar.
Sasaki Kojiro provides alibi for Cowhead418.
At the start of this round I was glad to see that the Mafia didn't forget their kills for the second time. Leet Eriksson and Krazilec were the first to go. It was a great shame about LE, as this was his first mafia game and he seemed to have been looking forward to it. Sasaki was the first to vote and instantly began a seemingly random bandwagon on Reenk Roink. Orb voted for himself, and several other people voted for discovery1. A lot of random bandwagons were going on here. But then Sigurd Fafnesbane stepped up with this post:

Bad, bad MAFIA!!!!
Killing Leet in the first round… This was his first MAFIA.
Someone trying to frame you disc?

Anyway;
Vote: Reenk Roink

there will be no list

making him an easy target for a bandwagon. AggonyDuck also asked the people to vote for him, and this annoyed me a little, but in hindsight it was probably better that he went like that than being killed off by inactivity as others did. This attracted a few votes, but ultimately it was GH who turned the tide in that round:

Now the only question is: "who would want to frame Disco?" To this, I look to the chat. Killing off his fellow viking (Leet Eriksson) in the first round is a truly diabolical move, and a perfect alibi. Sort of a rite of passage, as he himself went through it. Thus, the Chief of Police's personal opinion (NOT A VOTE) is that Sigurd Fafnesbane should suffocate for this.
It was a very clever move for GH to avoid bandwagoning at this stage, but rather create his own bandwagon with made up evidence that others would soon swallow whole. This single post would secure his strategy later on in the game and coupled with his one-kill-per-turn agenda would hope to create a concrete alibi. Congratulations to B_Ray for being the first to vote for him, by the way. It was probably the closest round so far, with only 5 votes for Sigurd, 3 for Reenk Roink, and 2 votes each for quite a few people. Sigurd went down with nothing near a majority vote. GH wanted to do the execution by dropping Sigurd into a pit of lava slowly while interrogating him, but I wouldn't allow it at this stage in the game so instead he settled on sucking the air out of a room with Sigurd in it.

Day 3
Cowhead418 kills Hiji.
GoreBag kills nobody.
Ignoramus investigates nobody.
Sasaki Kojiro provides alibi for/evidence against nobody.
I kill AggonyDuck.
So why did only one person remember their PM? Was it because I hadn't sent them a PM telling them that they needed to? Whatever happened, it seemed like the first round pattern was returning. At least Cowhead killed somebody, and voting was allowed to take place. AD had been asking to be lynched for a while now and so I killed him myself instead of letting the villagers waste a lynching on him. I'm happy with this, as it let me throw in a super-cool kill (turn to page 6 to see it) which I had been wanting to do for quite a while.

Sasaki to the rescue again, as he immediately created reasoning that would 'prove' GH's innocence for the rest of the game. Although GH assures me that the first time there was only one kill it was only an accident, it was to become a strategy that would play a big part in winning the game for them. Of course, Sigurd dies, there's one kill in all rounds after it, he must be mafia right? And if GH was the one who started the bandwagon, he must be innocent, surely? Sasaki seemed to pick up on this right away and used the logic to defend GH right to the end. I shall say at this point that throughout the game, GH was constantly telling me about how glad he was that he had persuaded Sasaki and even that it was the best achievement he had made in the entire game. Now you know, GH. He had you thoroughly fooled. This was also good from my point of view, as it would mean that GH would leave Sasaki alive, and so I wouldn't have to resort to changing the names on the kills. Sasaki then started a bandwagon on B_Ray, which took in many people and ultimately led to his execution. Interestingly, he didn't even vote for B_Ray, but doc_bean instead.

When I saw what happened next, though, I buried my head in my hands. Ignoramus had revealed himself, claiming B_Ray was in the mafia without having even investigated him. You had so much to offer to the villagers later in the game, Ignoramus, why did you throw it all away? This, I think, was one of, if not the biggest blow the villagers took in the game. Dangerously for the mafia, he also named GH, but without claiming to have evidence and at the same time claiming the Sasaki was innocent from a previous investigation. GH made a clever post in which he defended Sigurd and BR but at the same time implied that if Sigurd was in the mafia there was no way GH could be as well. He also defended Sigurd on the basis that one of the mafia may have gotten his kills in late. At this stage it was still an accident, and so this statement may have been a bit blunderous at the time, but was very effective later when it was certain that the mafia hadn't just got the kills in late.

The bandwagon of B_Ray was huge, with 11 votes for him and only a single vote for anybody else (note: discovery1's vote for Ice does not count :laugh4:). As per GH's request, B_Ray was executed by being pushed off a cliff.

Day 4
Cowhead418 kills nobody.
GoreBag kills Ignoramus.

Ignoramus got home from the lynching as usual and headed home.
In GB's kill, there was a very obvious error but nobody seemed to pick up on it. I don't think it would have been particularly good evidence anyway.

Here we see the start of the great mafia strategy to kill only one person per turn. Sasaki began the voting again, with a large analysis. This analysis was done in such a way that all 3 other members of the mafia were protected by its alibi, although he himself wasn't. Not that it mattered, as Ignoramus had already declared him innocent. The analysis is on page 7 if you want to read it. It also made the further implication that Sigurd was in the mafia, as a result further defending GH. GH pointed out Sasaki's self-naming, at the same time building on Sigurd's guilt. The Spartan didn't seem to be paying attention and voted for Sigurd, who had been dead for a long time. discovery1 got a few votes, as did Gertgregoor, but in the end many pieces of evidence came together upon TS, including him saying he didn't like coffee :dizzy2:, and so he was the one who got the execution. This time, it involved him being hacked apart with a chainsaw in the Gameroom Theatre.

Day 5
Cowhead418 kills Reenk Roink.
GoreBag kills nobody.

Drisos opened this time with a vote for doc_bean, but without really giving any concrete reasoning. Sasaki picked him up on this, asking why he voted for db as opposed to Gertgregoor when he was suspicious of both, attracting a vote for Drisos from Crazed_Rabbit. Resident mafioso Cowhead voted Gert, using some highly ironic logic:

This mafia is a bit different than past games, because the mafiosi are chosen by the Godfather, not randomly picked. It's possible the Godfather chose someone who was mafia in the last game, hoping that people would think he couldn't be in the mafia two games in a row. Vote: Gertgregoor
~;)

Not only did this make me laugh out loud, I also think it was quite clever.

After another vote for Drisos and a few more votes for Gert, Drisos suspiciously changed his vote from doc_bean to Gert, in a very 'don't get me wrong' kind of way. But nobody picked up on this, and afterwards there was a torrent of people all voting for Gert, except for discovery1, who voted for Ice again despite him not even playing. I tried to make the 'MechaFeather4000' execution look as horrifying and inhumane as possible by involving Gert being dragged towards it in the execution.

This was also the first time that people died due to Wrath of God (apart from AggonyDuck) during the game. The purpose of this was to ensure lots of discussion for each vote, and to try and scare people into voting. Unfortunately the scaring wasn't enough and I had to kill 4 people that round. At least it wasn't too much. Looking at the list of people killed by Wrath of God I am pleased that I didn't really catch out anybody devoted to the game with it. All those who died from it were lurking for the most part of the game.

Day 6
Cowhead418 kills nobody.
GoreBag kills nobody.

GAH! Another round without a single kill. This annoyed me quite a lot, because I still wanted an execution to take place and so I had to make up some story about GH having his house vandalised with a message about the mafia still being alive during his sleep and it being a punishable offense. This caused many people, headed by Crazed_Rabbit, to vote for no lynch, despite it not being allowed in the rules. When I pointed this out I had a small exchange with CR, nothing bad really, and I was lenient to not give warnings to those who posted with a vote for no lynch. Unfortunately for him, Sasaki pointed out a 'flaw' in his idea, saying that it would help the villagers to lynch somebody (actually, if that somebody was innocent which it almost definitely would be it would be more of a boost to the mafia than to the villagers, but nobody pointed this out).

After a few random votes, this was later responsible for the bandwagoning of CR. doc_bean had also gained some votes by this point. Danger struck for the mafia, however, as Sasaki was voted for by db and even worse, Orb voted for GH. Well done on this, Orb. I know B_Ray did it first but you actually came close to causing a lynch of GH. If only more villagers had listened, maybe the villagers would have won. This got a couple of votes in bandwagon.

Day 7
Cowhead418 kills nobody.
GoreBag kills Orb.

The mafia took a big risk here. But a risk that was surely going to pay off. The mafia tried to create a 'GH is being framed' situation, while removing the threat of Orb's reasoning in the process. This turned out very successful. As GB put it after the game:

That was actually my idea. I banked on the notion that people wouldn't vote for GH because it would be too obvious. Besides, Orb was irritatingly voting for my boss day in and day out. Two birds with one stone.

Drisos was the first to fall for it. He voted for doc_bean. Then Masy agreed, whilst at the same time stating the possibility of a brilliant plan, but did not actually vote. Sasaki then wasted no time in targeting Divine_Wind, accusing him of lurking. As you can expect, a bandwagon began but was halted by GH, who used the same reasoning to go after Big King Sanctaphrax, while 'ignoring the obvious attempt to frame him' ~;). But it did not work and DW was the latest victim of the mafia-run lynching machine. He tried to commit seppuku before the execution,

Hello there Silver Rusher,

Id like to commit Seppuku, rather than be lynched by the mob.

Death with honour.

Thanks
but I would not allow this on the basis that it would be unfair on the other players. I did slip DW's attempted seppuku into the execution, however. He was dropped into a pit of hydrochloric acid.

Day 8
Cowhead418 kills Destroyer of Hope.
GoreBag kills nobody.
Right at the start I had noticed that the writing styles of Cowhead and GB were very different. Cowhead took a more present-tense methodical approach, whereas GB was more about the storytelling. These two different styles were alternating, and nobody at all seemed to notice. If it had been clear that there were still two grunts remaining, GH's alibi would be down the drain and the voters could have come out in full force against him. Too bad nobody noticed this.

Masy began the voting with a fairly good reason for voting discovery1:

Discovery seems sucpisous right now that he hasn't voted for ethier memeber and has not sided with etheir of the major votes

I reckon discovery has been biding his time, patiently waiting to strike back at Destroyer, and thus I Vote: discovery1
There was another vote for disco after this and a suggested vote from GH, adding on the 'playing dumb' with regards to disco's votes for Ice (who, if you really need reminding, wasn't in this game). But Orb had left a dangerous legacy for the Mafia. doc_bean voted for GH, accusing him of bandwagoning under the impression that it will lead to him not being investigated further. After this, there were a couple of excuse votes (i.e. votes that were only made to avoid wrath of god) against disco, stopping doc's reasoning to really take off. By the way, Evil_Maniac From Mars and Dutch_guy, if I hadn't stopped with the warning system you would have been given a warning for those votes. I don't consider those reasons to be good enough. All it took was a couple more votes from a couple of mafia members, and disco was as good as lynched. This time, he had a spike through his head.

Ten players remaining.
At this point in the game I begun a 'countdown' theme, with 10 players remaining being the mark at which I would pull the warning - wrath of god system off. It wasn't really because there were 10 players. Some players were complaining, but there was a more important reason. It already looked like a total mafia victory was on the way and so giving them wrath of god to kill off a few more villagers would have made it too easy on them. I wanted to give the villagers something of a fighting chance here.

Day 9
Cowhead418 kills nobody.
GoreBag kills Evil_Maniac From Mars.
Nine players remaining.

Sasaki reinforced GH's alibi at the start of this round more than any other round before it. He accused Sigurd and CR of being in the mafia, and made a connection with doc_bean. But more importantly, he said this:

Not only does he remind us of GH's 'alibi' here, he also talks under the seemingly confident assumption that GH is innocent for the last paragraph. Nice one, Sasaki ~;).

The two grunts provided the starting momentum for the newly created bandwagon, as well as GH voicing his suspicions. Drisos added another vote, making it complete. doc_bean and Dutch_guy both voted for Drisos, but in the end it was db who was executed. This time, he was run over by a train. My favourite of the executions in the game, I think. Eight players remaining.

Final Round: Day 10
Cowhead418 kills Masy.
GoreBag kills nobody.
Seven players remaining.
The mafia had pretty well won by this point. The only way the villagers could have won would have been either if one member of the mafia didn't vote (unlikely), the mafiosi did not agree in their votes (even more unlikely) or if there was a tie vote and the 3 remaining villagers had all voted for GH, causing a dead vote as a result. Even then, GH would have to be lynched. I didn't think it was very likely.

The final target of the mafia was Big King Sanctaphrax. GH and Sasaki attacked him with full force, and Cowhead and GB backed this up with votes. BKS and Drisos tried to end it by voting GH, but without Dutch_guy's vote, it was useless. Dg, Dg, if only you had voted GH in that round you could have saved the townspeople! But no, it was all over. The mafia had won. Instead of waiting for the next pair of kills I decided to reveal the end twist then, declaring that the game was over.

In hindsight, I am very dissappointed in the number of people who signed up but remained inactive. If those people hadn't signed up I would have made things easier for the villagers, but no, they didn't vote or anything anyway. Also, Ignoramus' early, unbacked reveal was a huge blow to the villagers.

I must congratulate the mafia on a spectacular total mafia victory. The level of tactics used by them in the game was superb, and I hope this level of thinking is present in many games to come. Sasaki made two very good choices in his godfather and his detective (no offense Ig, but it was a poor move) and GH, Cowhead and GoreBag played the game very well.

I have learnt many things from this game about how to play it in future, and I can tell thee now, in Mafia IV I will do my best to take whichever side I am on to victory.

Masy
09-29-2006, 20:35
Wowee, I never expected this level of complexity in the mafia gameplan... top marks to Silver Rusher, this was my first mafia game, and I really enjoyed it thanks to your creative story-telling and organisation. Secret Sasaki? Stroke of genius...

Sasaki Kojiro
09-29-2006, 20:40
Excellent read Silver!

I don't think the game was unbalanced even with all the inactive people. All the town had to do was lynch one man.

The problem I think is that even the people who are active aren't proactive. The pattern for several of the rounds was: I make an argument, the mafia backs me up, people assume that person is going to be executed and since there isn't anything better to go on they jump on the wagon. If you read over these descriptions there's always a few blunders that get passed over. Playing the game from a mafia perspective and hosting one makes me notice this. I chuckled when I read Ignoramus's post about how they "should have elected detective as chief of police". Dead giveaway, and if you make people discuss enough there will be more.

I think for the next game I host (after GH and Kommodus) I'll make it in a format similar to this or GH's rather than my way-to-many-roles experiment, but instead of detective I'll include a couple doctors. Give the town the ability to protect those who are debating.

Dutch_guy
09-29-2006, 20:42
The final target of the mafia was Big King Sanctaphrax. GH and Sasaki attacked him with full force, and Cowhead and GB backed this up with votes. BKS and Drisos tried to end it by voting GH, but without Dutch_guy's vote, it was useless. Dg, Dg, if only you had voted GH in that round you could have saved the townspeople! But no, it was all over. The mafia had won. Instead of waiting for the next pair of kills I decided to reveal the end twist then, declaring that the game was over.

In hindsight, I am very dissappointed in the number of people who signed up but remained inactive. If those people hadn't signed up I would have made things easier for the villagers, but no, they didn't vote or anything anyway

Yeah, sorry for being in active this game - especially the latter, more important stage of the game. But to be fair, looking back, we could have ended this earlier.

Oh and by the way, I had BKS and GoreBag as possible mafia members. And seeing as how BKS was getting most votes anyhow, I'd probably have voted for him.

Silver Rusher
09-29-2006, 20:49
I think one of the biggest problems of this game was that many of the people who posted a lot in GH's games and encouraged activity weren't here. Pannonian's abscence was completely my fault, I actually forgot to include him on the list. If I do one of these again I will definitely PM some of the more enthusiastic members beforehand if they don't sign up. Don't get me wrong, most of the people who survived closer to the end of the game played well, but Sasaki is right. Towards the end the villagers were like sheep following Sasaki's path.

Can't wait for Mafia IV, though.

GeneralHankerchief
09-29-2006, 20:52
Excellent job, SR!

I did see a pattern with Cowhead's kills, they were in the same style as when he was mafioso in Mafia II. I hoped that nobody picked up on it, and considering that he got *zero* votes total, I'm pretty sure nobody did.

That said, I feel like an idiot now with my strategy. Sasaki, would you have believed me had you been a regular townie?

Silver Rusher
09-29-2006, 20:54
Excellent job, SR!

I did see a pattern with Cowhead's kills, they were in the same style as when he was mafioso in Mafia II. I hoped that nobody picked up on it, and considering that he got *zero* votes total, I'm pretty sure nobody did.
I don't think GoreBag got any votes either, did he?

GeneralHankerchief
09-29-2006, 20:57
He was suspected often, but IIRC he never actually received any votes.

Guess I did well in picking my grunts then. :grin:

Orb
09-29-2006, 20:59
Next time, General Hankerchief, next time.

*military salute*

Sasaki Kojiro
09-29-2006, 21:06
Excellent job, SR!

That said, I feel like an idiot now with my strategy. Sasaki, would you have believed me had you been a regular townie?

I must say I would have found your overt suspiciousness of BKS very suspicious given that Gorebag and Cowhead had bandwagoned just as much as him, and Gorebag with as little discussion; and yet you mentioned neither.

My suspicions are first BKS, for being way too quiet, and then Drisos for accusing someone different pretty much every round.

Could be a description of Gorebag. OTOH, I would most likely have mentioned my suspicions of gorebag and cowhead when I pm'd you and you'd have known better.

I can't say for sure, it's impossible to know really. It's not like I've done particularly well as a townie in the games I've been in. I've never gotten to the endgame.

Silver Rusher
09-29-2006, 21:24
He was suspected often, but IIRC he never actually received any votes.

Guess I did well in picking my grunts then. :grin:
Let us not forget, the way you were playing the game, having your grunts alive was nowhere near as important as keeping yourself alive, and you did get quite a few votes.

doc_bean
09-29-2006, 21:39
Next time i will only participate in one game at a time, certainly at first I was busier with Sasaki's game than with this one and this hurt my game a bit.

I also feel people tend to be too shy in these games, very few people make decent arguments, and when you make them you're often accused :dizzy2: It's the nature of the game I guess.

I really like the time limits imposed, allthough perhaps it would have been better if there was a 48h time frame after the first night ?

Great game you set up Silver !

The Spartan (Returns)
09-29-2006, 22:09
sorry for my absence.
anyway good game GHC and SR!

Ignoramus
09-30-2006, 01:45
I apologize to the villagers. I misunderstood the bit about "suspicious charcters". I thought that there were some people who if they were villagers would always appear as mafia, and that a few of the mafia may appear as villages. That's why I took a huge gamble accusing B_Ray. I was stupid to trust GH, as I always suspected him.

Crazed Rabbit
10-01-2006, 07:13
So, I have my revenge.

Great game, Silver and Mafia!

Crazed Rabbit

Reenk Roink
10-01-2006, 17:24
Actually it was I who killed you. :evil: This was a great game, it was fun coming up with my kills. Sasaki, I had no idea - I too had planned to leave you as the only innocent and make you realize you had been played all along. I was actually afraid that someone might realize there were two different styles in the kills (Gorebag and I switched off every round) but no one seemed to notice. Total mafia victory! Drinks all around!:2thumbsup:

gAh!

*plane crash idea was cool though...*

GoreBag
10-02-2006, 06:16
Crap...that was supposed to say 'got out' and not 'got home'. Freudian slip.

Cowhead418
10-02-2006, 16:48
Excellent job, SR!

That said, I feel like an idiot now with my strategy. Sasaki, would you have believed me had you been a regular townie?So, this means I'd have to change my writing style the next time I'm in the mafia.