PDA

View Full Version : Arab crusades

The Blind Samurai
09-01-2006, 05:10
i have a qusetion since europe can call a crusade will the muslim faction be able to do the same thing

Samurai Waki
09-01-2006, 06:20
No. Not in the same sense.

The Muslim nations can launch Jihads at lands that were held by a Muslim Faction at any time, although it works much in the same way as a Crusade, except you can't launch a Jihad at any province that has not at one point been occupied by a muslim Faction.

doc_bean
09-01-2006, 16:52
except you can't launch a Jihad at any province that has not at one point been occupied by a muslim Faction.

Indeed, although in M2TW you will apparently be able to.

x-dANGEr
09-01-2006, 17:25
IN M: TW:

You can only lunch Jihads at provinces you once had.

In M2: TW:

You can only lunch Jihads if you have Imams with efficent relegios rating + against provinces that are not controlled by a muslim faction but have a majority of muslims..

Shaun
09-01-2006, 17:30
Arab Crusades are called a Jihad.

The Blind Samurai
09-01-2006, 18:30
oh so they try and get the land they once held and anthoer do the arabs have some sort of a pope person that can jihad

highlanddave
09-01-2006, 19:03
as x-danger said:

You can only lunch Jihads if you have Imams with efficent relegios rating + against provinces that are not controlled by a muslim faction but have a majority of muslims..

i have not heard if they can or not declare a caliph. no caliph was in the orginal game.

Martok
09-01-2006, 20:00
oh so they try and get the land they once held and anthoer do the arabs have some sort of a pope person that can jihad
Nope. In MTW, there's no Muslim equivalent of the Pope. You just launch your Jihad and go. ~:)

The Blind Samurai
09-01-2006, 23:30
so you dont get missons to do this and that cool this game rocks :2thumbsup:

Martok
09-02-2006, 00:29
so you dont get missons to do this and that cool this game rocks :2thumbsup:
Correct. Even with Crusades, you don't have go where the Pope asks you to. You do seem to get brownie points with him if you do, but there's no negative consequences if you don't Crusade there.

Afonso I of Portugal
09-02-2006, 00:59
It would be interesting if in MTW2 arab factions can create a Caliph in order to unite arab world.

highlanddave
09-02-2006, 01:44
King_Of_Portugal_2

It would be interesting if in MTW2 arab factions can create a Caliph in order to unite arab world

i agree. maybe in the same way the byzantines could get a bonus for re-uniting the roman empire.

i need to sort of correct my previous point. they had a kalipha (sp?) for the almohads in medieval 1, but he did not possess any material power as a caliph may have once had as leader of the muslim world. i believe the last one with any power was killed in baghdad during the mongol invasion. (year?)

highlanddave
09-02-2006, 01:53
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Baghdad_(1258)

the year of the mongol sack of baghdad was 1258.

The Blind Samurai
09-02-2006, 04:54
how did the mongols reach arbia

Samurai Waki
09-02-2006, 07:15
The Mongols never reached Arabia... only as far as Baghdad.

x-dANGEr
09-02-2006, 13:25
Caliph is the ruler of the Islamic nation. Not the arab one ~;)

No one can be called Caliph except if all the people from all muslim territories vote/ask him to rule them (The majority, actually). I second the word: Muslims. (Is a very huge mistake Arabs..).

The Caliph that died in Baghdad by the Mongols had close to no influence. He was corrupt, unfortunately.

And, just a little note to beef you up.. Let's say 60% of the muslims voted for Caliph A, and 40% for Caliph B. Now, Caliph A should rule the people by the acceptance of all. Caliph B may refuse to, and not admit Caliph A's rule. If that occurs, the actual way to solve it (As Prophet Mohammer told) is for one of the Caliphs; A or B to die..

doc_bean
09-02-2006, 15:57
...and that's when you get a shiite versus sunnite situation.

I don't think M2TW will have this kind of strategic layer.

x-dANGEr
09-02-2006, 16:01
I'm sure it won't. ~:)

The Blind Samurai
09-02-2006, 18:19
hey you never know i have anthoer ? will the islamic factions be able to go to the newworld

Martok
09-02-2006, 19:40
hey you never know i have anthoer ? will the islamic factions be able to go to the newworld
CA has indicated that yes, they will. All factions will have the chance to sail to the Americas and conquer the Aztecs.

The Blind Samurai
09-02-2006, 20:57
cool imagine aztec troops getting hit with a rocket lancher

highlanddave
09-04-2006, 21:18
Supreme Shogun
cool imagine aztec troops getting hit with a rocket lancher

yes and if the aztecs were afraid of horses, just imagine their terror at seeing an elephant!

The Blind Samurai
09-04-2006, 21:46
Aztec No.1:what is that
Aztec No.2 : Ahhh its crushed my bones
Aztec Cheif: we give u *gets trampled by and elephant

Brother Mark
09-15-2006, 12:41
Makes sense that the Muslim nations can conquer the new world too. After all their knowledge of the sciences was far superior and if they were the dominant power in Europe in 1492 (or whenever) there's no reason to suppose that they might not have considered a similar voyage - although one of the main motivations for the attempts to see if the world was round was a quicker way to launch an attack from behind on the Islamic world.

Afonso I of Portugal
09-15-2006, 23:17
Makes sense that the Muslim nations can conquer the new world too. After all their knowledge of the sciences was far superior and if they were the dominant power in Europe in 1492 (or whenever) there's no reason to suppose that they might not have considered a similar voyage - although one of the main motivations for the attempts to see if the world was round was a quicker way to launch an attack from behind on the Islamic world.

That's true. That was one of the reasons why the Portuguese Vasco Da Gama went to India in 1498. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasco_da_Gama

The Blind Samurai
09-17-2006, 05:18
i know the muslims where far smarter than the europeans and i cant wait to take my troops on the shores of the new world and convert the people to islam

Samurai Waki
09-17-2006, 09:19
Well thats not entirely true. The muslims had to a greater extent refined their ability to write accurate Cartography using the invention known as the "astrolabe." Also they had introduced the use of Firearms earlier than the Europeans. The Arabs/Muslims however at this point in time were not as vigorous as Christian Europe Was, while it is true at this point in time that the Turks were just making headway into the Balkans, they did underestimate the extremely industrious habit of Europeans.
For Europeans, they were just coming out of the Dark Age, while the reverse was happening in much of the Muslim World. The Europeans did not "invent" a lot of things at this time (with the exception of Da Vinci), but most were taking inventions found elsewhere in the world and elaborating heavily upon them. This would later payoff dividends in the next 200-300 years, as the Ottomans were becoming the sick old man of the World, militarily and industrialy, the Europeans nations were becoming more and more of a threat globally. So much in fact, that by the mid 1800s (300 years after Colonialism began) that Europeans owned roughly 3/4ths (if not more) of the worlds surface.

The Blind Samurai
09-17-2006, 15:49
ohh thanks for the info but well we get to play the aztecs in skrishm