PDA

View Full Version : introduction

RobertF
09-10-2006, 22:32
Greetings everyone,

I'm new to multiplayer Shogun: Total War, but have ben playing the solo scenarios for years. I found a link to this forum thru Wikipedia's entry for Shogun: Total War (which I think has an incorrect ChatserverIPAddress BTW).

I made the following updates to my internet.cfg file, but failed to connect to the server despite many attempts.

ChatserverIPAddress = ShogunTW.no-ip.info
ChatserverPort = 8793
NewsserverIPAddress = daphne.eagames.co.uk
NewsserverPort = 8797
ShogunTotalWarWebsite = http://dflw.2ya.com

Any suggestions? I've noticed several other server addresses that are posted in this forum so I'll give them a try.

Cheers,

Robert
Missouri, USA

Markgpl
09-10-2006, 23:03
Hi and welcome, i'm also a newcomer, similar situation as you are.
About your problem, here is the solution:

ChatserverIPAddress = shogun-fakeserver.dnsdojo.org
I played well as 09-10-06, should have no trouble, logs are getting at first try.
You'll find great challenge and fun with human players.
By the way, which version of stw do you have?

Markgpl
09-10-2006, 23:05
Ah, was forgetting, we should thanks ra's for maintaining the fakeserver online and working swiftly!

RobertF
09-11-2006, 02:36
Markgpl -

Thanks for the updated server address form Ras al Ghul - I tried it but still have problems establishing a connection.

Hmmm ... my fiancee and I have use a DSL router so our PCs can both access the Internet at the same time - could the router be interfering with the connection?

I own a copy of STW, Warlord Edition v1.00. I wonder if my version is out of date?

Trajanus
09-11-2006, 10:48
Greetings!

The version of STW WE we use online is v1.02 you can download it from the net. (I believe the .ORG will have it in their files somewhere)

The router will not normally be your problem with connecting to the server, but more likely the problem with not being able to host games while you are on the server.

When logging into the fakeserver you need only a family name and username no CD key or password.

Also connecting in itself has always been a problem. It sometimes takes as many as 40 repeated attempts to connect to the server. Usually when connecting the script will say logging on and then quickly change to logged on. If this doesn't happen with a matter of seconds cancel the connection attempt and try again.

Keep doing this until you can log in.

Hope this helps.

Shin-GaiJin
09-11-2006, 18:10
Greetings to you both!
I hope to meet you both on the battlefield soon :)

RobertF
09-12-2006, 03:32
Ha! I'm on baby!

Downloading the v1.12 patch apparently did the trick.

Didn't see anyone in the Forum, but no surprises there - it looks like we're spread across different time zones.

So how does this work ... do I log on w/ my opponent at the same time and play an entire campaign game in one sitting? Or do we each complete game turns on our own time, then play battles at a mutually agreed time?

R'as al Ghul
09-12-2006, 08:50
So how does this work ... do I log on w/ my opponent at the same time and play an entire campaign game in one sitting? Or do we each complete game turns on our own time, then play battles at a mutually agreed time?

:smile: Yes, an online campaign is what everybody would like to see.
Unfortunately there's no such thing. :no:
You can only fight the battles online.

R'as

Drisos
09-12-2006, 16:01
Welcome to these forums RobertF!! :bow:

Shame you don't have the Warlord Edition, as people play that game instead of the original version nowadays.. however markgpl and some friends of his had the original too, and I installed it as well. So we might get to play some Shogun Original games.. but, if you ever get the chance - buy WE!! you'll have more online games then ~:):balloon2:

:bow:

Markgpl
09-16-2006, 15:04
An original!, should noticed earlier!, there's a few rebels like me that play that one =P
Add me if you want, Robert, my msn is armatian@hotmail.com, we should try a few battles, even 2vs2, since i count almost 5 with original stw, 3 of wich hasn't we, so looks promising

RobertF
09-17-2006, 21:18
I started with the original version many years ago, then bought the Warlord Edition. I actually play the Warlord Edition, although I read "v1.00" on the main menu of the game when I start it up, even after downloading the v1.12 patch.

Sure, I'm up for a game. The best time for me is on Sundays when my fiancee is working. I'm in the United States, Central Standard Time, so I could start a game anytime between 11:00 AM and 7:00 PM CST (or between 16:00 and 24:00 GMT).

Drisos
09-19-2006, 07:21
I started with the original version many years ago, then bought the Warlord Edition. I actually play the Warlord Edition, although I read "v1.00" on the main menu of the game when I start it up, even after downloading the v1.12 patch.

The v1.12 patch is a patch for Shogun Original. You'll need v1.02 to play the Warlord Edition online. ~;)

:bow: