PDA

View Full Version : How can I....

NeoSpartan
09-17-2006, 09:26
:help: Hey fellas can any of you direct me to how I can:
1-) Turn Fatige Off (AI doesn't know how to manage this feature)
2-) Turn Direction Arrows Off (I am tired of those green arrow ~:pissed:)

I already went to the RTW prefence folder, preference text and change it, but it is not changing the actual game.

Jarardo
09-17-2006, 18:42
1) It's part of the Traits file, so unless your comfortable editing that, your stuck with it.
2) Go into the Preferences.txt in your RTW folder, the one that the rtw.EXE lives in, and change:
DISABLE_ARROW_MARKERS:FALSE
--TO--
DISABLE_ARROW_MARKERS:TRUE

I don't have an installation of the game on this comp, so I may be wrong, there may be a "Preferences" Folder in your RTW directory, with another Preferences.txt in it, edit that one as well.

Of course you have to to save it, that should do it.

And are you saying that the AI doesn't know how to manage the fatigue for it's own generals? Or for the players?

Foot
09-17-2006, 18:47
1) It's part of the EB backround script, so unless your comfortable editing that, your stuck with it.
2) Go into the Preferences.txt in your RTW folder, the one that the rtw.EXE lives in, and change:
DISABLE_ARROW_MARKERS:FALSE
--TO--
DISABLE_ARROW_MARKERS:TRUE

Of course you have to to save it, that should do it.

And are you saying that the AI doesn't know how to manage the fatigue for it's own generals? Or for the players?

It think Neo may be talking about the fatigue in battles, in which case it is not any part of EB. I'm pretty sure you can turn that off, or was that in another game?

Foot

Jarardo
09-17-2006, 18:50
Ah, your too quick Foot! You quoted my wrong answers!

And there is a "FATIGUE:TRUE" in the .txt too, suppose thats for the battles, but I haven't used it. Hmmm

Foot
09-17-2006, 18:59
It has just occured to me that turning the arcade style battles on may well get rid of fatigue in battles but that may also change other things, I'm not sure.

Foot

Discoskull
09-17-2006, 19:37
Yeah the AI does terrifically stupid things as far as fatigue goes.
Every time I seige a city without stone walls, the AI army is already exhausted by the time I break into the city proper, since they've been running back and forth through the streets for no good reason while my men just stand there waiting for the gates to bust...

But I still wouldn't turn fatigue off. It just wouldn't be as fun if I could run my men uphill for half a mile and still have them just as ready to fight as they were at the base of the mountain.

NeoSpartan
09-17-2006, 22:19
Thx for the reply fellas.

Ok the preference file I went to was in: Activision- Rome Total War folder- Preferences- Preferences txt. But nothing is happening.

My guess is:
1- The changes are in the EB script files
2- Gotta wait for 1.5

I did this once before when I played the Extended Greek Mod. But the preferences I had to change were int he XGM folder, NOT RTW. Oh and XGM was running version 1.5 too.

----Well I know taking Fatige Off will make the game less realitic, but the AI is much more of a challage. The 1st time I played with Fatige Off I didn't like it because it wasn't realistic, but when I went back I to playing with Fatige ON I saw how REALLY HORRIBLE the AI was at managing this feature.

I mean really, the AI always has its units running, and it doesn't give them time to rest. Sometimes the battles are over WAY too quickly because the AI army was exausted by the time it reached my line.

Jarardo
09-17-2006, 23:32
So you changed the preferences in the preferences folder, did you find a preferences text in the Rome Total War folder? I have turned off the green markers in 1.2 with EB 0.74.

NeoSpartan
09-18-2006, 19:11
YES I just did. I found a Preferences text in the RTW folder, and I changed it. Now the Green arrows are gone, BUT fatige remains :dizzy2: I don't know why.

Were u able to take out fatige too???

Jarardo
09-19-2006, 05:28
No I've never tried, seems like it may be worth a try though.