PDA

View Full Version : How will my comp run future games?

Ice
09-23-2006, 22:56
My current desktop is a dell 8400. It has 2 gigs of 533 mhz ram, an x800xt, basic 7200 harddrive, p4 3.0 ghz 800 mhz fsb processor, and a soundblaster live sound card.

The mobo and rest of the specifications are listed here.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim8400/SM/specs.htm#wp1052308

If you could give me upgrade ideas, and how my comp will run future games, I'd appreciate it.

Geezer57
09-24-2006, 15:28
Looks like a reasonably modern computer to me, one that should play most contemporary games just fine, although not at max detail for the more demanding ones. The "weak" link appears to be your graphics card, but it's still better than what many are playing with.
If I were you, I'd wait until the new game you're wanting to play becomes available, then try it. If your gaming experience isn't satisfactory at that point, especially after tweaking, then go shopping for a new graphics card. If you buy before the new game comes out, the price will have gone down when the game does ship, and maybe something better will have shown up at the same price point. Don't buy until you really need new hardware - it's a poor long-term investment! :laugh4: