PDA

View Full Version : Naginata Infantry stats for MP

Puzz3D
09-28-2006, 17:09
Based on recent MP replays I've viewed, the naginata unit seems to be routing a bit too soon. Being a midrange morale unit it only received +2 morale rather than the +4 morale which the units just below it on the morale scale (SA, CA, YC, YS) received for multiplayer. I think it should receive another +2 morale in the next release which would bring into the same relationship it had with those units in STW.

R'as al Ghul
09-29-2006, 07:50
After observing them a bit closer I agree that their morale is a bit low now.

:bow:

Raz
09-30-2006, 13:49
When will the next release be?

I really hope it's sometime soon since I've now got a lot of free time on my hands. Also, do you plan on updating the High Res animations for some units such as the Ashi Xbow and one of the cavalry units (I've forgotten which one)?

Thanks for any help.

R'as al Ghul
09-30-2006, 14:17
The next release beta_8 will come soon. Most probably in a week.

We don't plan to change any animations for that release, I'm afraid.
Our animation sensei, barocca, isn't available at the moment.
Also we are pretty satisfied with the Cav animations as they are already a big improvement compared to the beta_5 version. About the Ashi-Xbows we care even less since they aren't used in MP and are not an authentical unit.
That is not to say that we won't do them eventually, it's just not an urgent matter in my opinion. Also please understand that the working on the animations is very time consuming.

Our main focus at this stage is to fix the map issues and some other minor changes.

R'as

Raz
10-01-2006, 02:01
I see, and I do know how hard it is to make animations since I'm working on a mod myself.

Thanks for the info.

aokubi
10-04-2006, 15:50
The next release beta_8 will come soon. Most probably in a week.

We don't plan to change any animations for that release, I'm afraid.
Our animation sensei, barocca, isn't available at the moment.
Also we are pretty satisfied with the Cav animations as they are already a big improvement compared to the beta_5 version. About the Ashi-Xbows we care even less since they aren't used in MP and are not an authentical unit.
That is not to say that we won't do them eventually, it's just not an urgent matter in my opinion. Also please understand that the working on the animations is very time consuming.

Our main focus at this stage is to fix the map issues and some other minor changes.

R'as
If you need any animations, I have some I`d be more than happy to contribute. Among them I`ve got the corrected aim/fire cycle for the samarchers, corrected angled death anims for the Naginata, and eliminated most of the rogue pixels from the Nagi, WarriorMonks and Ashi (Yari & Xbow).

Also, I have the Cav anims but I took a different approach to the one you used in Beta 7. They`re not perfect (they don`t have jumonji either) but it (kind of) solves the problem of the small cavarcher firing frames.

If you`d be interested, I`d be happy to help.

Puzz3D
10-04-2006, 17:23
If you need any animations, I have some I`d be more than happy to contribute. Among them I`ve got the corrected aim/fire cycle for the samarchers, corrected angled death anims for the Naginata, and eliminated most of the rogue pixels from the Nagi, WarriorMonks and Ashi (Yari & Xbow).
Well thanks. Animations will have to be coordinated with barocca who is unavailable right now. I know he worked on the samurai archer animation, and I thought that had made it into the beta 7, but maybe not. Fixing the rogue pixels would be great, and I know he was too pressed for time to go through and fix them all.

aokubi
10-05-2006, 16:12
Ok, no problem. So when/how do you want me to submit them? Afraid I`m a bit of a noob with using the Org.

R'as al Ghul
10-07-2006, 17:22
Check your Personal Messages, please.

Nobunaga
10-26-2006, 18:22
are the 11b stats the final stats or will their be a new stats that increase the naginata morale?

Puzz3D
10-26-2006, 19:36
are the 11b stats the final stats or will their be a new stats that increase the naginata morale?
The naginata is changed only for multiplayer. The 11b stat issued for STWmod beta_5 includes the +2 morale for the naginata in multiplayer. This will also be the same stat used in STWmod beta_8 when it is released. The 11b stat in STWmod beta_7 does not have the +2 morale on naginata in multiplayer. The STWmod beta_7 will be withdrawn after beta_8 is released because it doesn't work reliably in multiplayer, and the impassable terrain is messed up on hilly STW maps. The terrain problem has already been corrected in beta_8.

The 11b stat may well be the final stat, but I don't want to close the door on possible changes because it hasn't gotten enough use yet. I think the xbow is ok now in SP (it's not used in MP). The kensai in single player (it's not used in MP) might need an adjustment. The battlefield ninja may need an adjustment, but at least I can say confidently it isn't overpowered in multiplayer. The naginata cav might need an adjustment, but we have to see if the reduction of the yari cav's anti-cav bonus in 11b helps the naginata cav to see more use in MP. In anycase if adjustments are made, they will be small adjustments.

There is a possibility of new units being added such as Mongols, but I think that would be a separate era in MP and I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.