PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or does the battle recorder not capture battles precisely?

IRONxMortlock
10-02-2006, 07:41
I just played a few co-op LAN games with my friend and then immediately watched the battle-recorder footage. I could have sworn that the battle recorder didn't show exactly what we did at certain points during the game.

For example I specifically remembered my pharaoh’s guards devastating a Selucid elephant charge yet in the replay it never occurred. In the reverse situation I noticed in the replay that my main formation came under attack from an onager at one point but during the battle I had eliminated the enemy onager crews early in the action and I don't recall them becoming active again.

As I haven't been toking on the crack pipe I wonder if perhaps the battle recorder just provides an approximation of the battle rather than an exact record of the events?

On a slight related matter, is there a way to rewind during replays?

Thank you,

M

Death Match
10-02-2006, 08:23
Yeah, I agree. I recorded a miraculous battle on my battle recorder. When I played it, they did something COMPLETELY different!!

CountArach
10-02-2006, 08:28
Indeed, the Recorder changes the battle. It is slightly annoying and is one of the reasons I can never be bothered to record anything.

ByzantineKnight
10-02-2006, 09:19
Is there a way to fix that?

Death Match
10-02-2006, 10:45
Hey, what does Total Realismo do?

doc_bean
10-02-2006, 10:52
The recorder doesn't really 'record' the battle like a video, it keeps track of a few things and calculates the outcome again during replay, one of the reasons that a mod can totally mess up your replays.

Puzz3D
10-02-2006, 13:42
Multiplayer replays did not work properly in RTW v1.0 and v1.1. They were fixed in RTW v1.2, but broken again in RTW v1.3. It's my understanding that they are fixed again in RTW v1.5, but I can't confirm that because I don't play RTW online anymore. Also, multiplayer city battles have a tendency to desync in any version of RTW.

Stig
10-02-2006, 13:45
yeah they work in 1.5/1.6 again

IRONxMortlock
10-03-2006, 00:19
Glad to see I'm not going crazy then. :D

In relation to the version, I currently have vanilla RTW 1.5 (no BI yet). It was with this version that I noticed the issue.

Puzz3D
10-03-2006, 03:14
To test this play a 1v1 and make note of the final kills/looses on both machines. They should be the same. Save the replay on both machines, play it back on both machines and make note of the final kills/looses. They should be the same, and they should match the kill/looses of the original battle.

IRONxMortlock
10-03-2006, 07:18
I'll give that a try the next time we get together.