PDA

View Full Version : bugging wife

maximus overlord
10-10-2006, 23:59
any suggestion as how to make wifey shut up and go to bed so i can play rtw i tried to tell her that taking over the world is much much more important than to horse around in the bed:help:

Csargo
10-11-2006, 00:03
any suggestion as how to make wifey shut up and go to bed so i can play rtw i tried to tell her that taking over the world is much much more important than to horse around in the bed:help:

Um your not serious are you?:no:

CaesarAugustus
10-11-2006, 00:16

You've got to be kidding:jawdrop:

CrossLOPER
10-11-2006, 01:08
I'm sorry. I have sent this to the YTMND crew. It had to be done...

EDIT: You know, I just can't do that to the ORG. Nevermind. Carry on.

Martok
10-11-2006, 01:20
Um, conquering the world is important, but it's not *that* important.... :inquisitive:

I know that whenever my ex-girlfriend decided she wanted to "distract" me from my game, she usually had little problem in doing so. ~D

CountMRVHS
10-11-2006, 01:27
YTMND? Please to explain.

Maximus, have you considered commanding your wife to go bake a pie? That'll give you a few hours of peace, and then surprise! Pie!

Let us know how that goes, seriously.:shakehands:

WifeoftheCount
10-11-2006, 01:40
No pie for you.
:no:

CountMRVHS
10-11-2006, 01:42
!! :eeeek:

Evil_Maniac From Mars
10-11-2006, 01:47
Yessir, Abokasee II has arrived. :help:

Alexios
10-11-2006, 04:24
Dude, you are kidding right??? I've prolonged going to the bathroom for a couple of hours because of MTW, but never put off THAT.

GottMitUns
10-11-2006, 05:08
It is entirely possible that a wife continualy disregards and spurns advances from her man until he is engaged in something else he wants to do and then suddenly all she wants is for him to come and "horse around" in bed. Not saying thats whats going on with maximus overlord, but it has happened to me a couple of times.

A woman can get in a funky mood for a week or so where she isn't having it when you want it at all, but she wants you to give something up for it. Like all day and evening your giving her attention and trying to get some and she knows you are trying so she refuses you. Then you give up and that night are watching a really good football game, watching a really good movie, ready to go out with friends, playing a game your into and suddenly now she wants it. :dizzy2:

CrossLOPER
10-11-2006, 05:09
Tis' a hell to which everything you ever thought was funny about western (mainly US) culture goes, mixed into a twisted composition placed upon a canvas made with the stretched skin of what was once sanity.

They also have beer.

Spongie
10-11-2006, 05:45
Maximus, have you considered commanding your wife to go bake a pie? That'll give you a few hours of peace, and then surprise! Pie! Now, that is genius! Plus, you get a pie :2thumbsup:

Let us know how that goes, seriously.:shakehands: I'm a-guessin'... ~:argue: :girlslap:

Papewaio
10-11-2006, 06:08
I got RTW as a valentines present from my wife, but Wasabi also made me sign on contract limiting my computer game time to five hours a week with extra time on good behaviour.

That was at the beginning of last year, still yet to get extra hours for good behaviour. :laugh4:

Abokasee
10-11-2006, 07:17
Yessir, Abokasee II has arrived. :help:

I'm sorry but maximus overlord does not have the following qualifaction:
Accouninal bad spelling _/
An army of followers X
Easily irraitated X
Made string mods X (only one of which has got of the ground and has been realeased)
Uses possilbe the weirdest tactics in games (The armenian heavy spearmen in a square & Cataphract in the middle of that formation) X

X = No _/ = Yes

Andres
10-11-2006, 09:09
Maximus, have you considered commanding your wife

Ha, you want us to believe that you COMMAND your wife?

:inquisitive:

bedlam28
10-11-2006, 12:07
To get some gametime, I had to promise to give my girlfriend Spain. I worry now that she thinks she will actually get the real Spain as she's been nice to me lately.

Never say no to nookie, most women dont offer, take it, enjoy it, then its back to the game for you and out to the kitchen for her..

mmmm. Pie.

Proletariat
10-11-2006, 13:42
Maybe shoving her down a staircase, not sure. When we get like that we can be very persistent, but I have high hopes for you, maximus overlord. Keep fighting the good fight and welcome to the Org!!

Matty
10-11-2006, 14:17
She will never change. With MTWII coming soon, I would suggest you divorce her.

caravel
10-11-2006, 14:28
If the TW game has got to the stage where it's taking over your life, and you prefer to play the game instead of engaging in "bedroom sports" with your wife/girlfriend, then it has got to the "beyond reason" stage.

:juggle2:

maximus overlord
10-11-2006, 14:40
thanks for all the answers i enjoyed reading them lots of god stuff here but as i wrote this thread yesterday i have to come forth and tell that eventualy yesterday i had to surrender and jump in the bedroom battlefield where i was tottaly deafetet wau wau guys get you wife's waiting a week or so and youre in for a treat~:pimp:

Lucjan
10-11-2006, 14:49
Just in case you ever consider refusing...

Please don't give me any more reasons to believe I have the god given right to kill stupid people, and no longer care enough for my own well being to restrain from exercising that right for the good of society.

Thank you.

drone
10-11-2006, 15:23
If she does this on a regular basis, you will need to regain the initiative. If she gets you into the bed, you will be stuck since no doubt she will want to cuddle afterwards. So instead, take her earlier in the evening. Make it look spontaneous, like you have to have her then and now. It not only will make her feel wanted and add a little spice, but it will also be too early to spend the rest of the evening in bed. If you do the job right, she'll be satisfied and should leave you in peace for a late night gaming session. It is possible to have your cake, eat it, and still play video games, but you have to work at it. ~;)

If you have children, the timing might be more difficult. Can't really ravish your woman on the kitchen table with kids running around. More cunning will be necessary to overcome these obstacles.

And, whatever you do, DO NOT let her figure out/tell her what you are doing. Women generally don't like the fact that a boyfriend/husband can have fun for long periods of time without them involved, and can become jealous of the computer. If she clues in on what you are doing, she will put a stop to it and you will need to find a new tactic.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the .Org! :balloon2:

maximus overlord
10-11-2006, 16:06
rofl that was amuzing to read yea we got a kid 2 year old boy he wont be happy about an early sleep

Mount Suribachi
10-11-2006, 16:16
This isn't a difficult situation. In fact its a no-brainer. In fact, with a 2 yr old you probly need to take advantage of every opportunity.

No, the really sucky situation is the "stop playing on the computer and sit with me whilst I watch 3 hours of X Factor/Pop Idol/Insert mind-numbingly tedious reality TV of choice".

One day (when I grow a pair ~;) ) I'll suggest if she wants to sit with me, she sit next to me watching as I expand Bactria from a Eurasian backwater to an Eastern superpower.

drone
10-11-2006, 16:26
Not as amusing as this exchange though. Can't believe I missed this when first reading the thread.

Maximus, have you considered commanding your wife to go bake a pie? That'll give you a few hours of peace, and then surprise! Pie!

Let us know how that goes, seriously.:shakehands:

No pie for you.
:no:

!! :eeeek:
I vote for Senior Membership for WifeoftheCount immediately, if not sooner! :laugh4:

PS. And good luck with that, Mount Suribachi. Of course, the best solution to this situation is to get your better half addicted to a video game herself. But not too addicted...

Avicenna
10-11-2006, 16:28
the Eastern superpower ~;)

BTW, the thread's great. Got me actually LOLing

Oaty
10-12-2006, 08:59
rofl that was amuzing to read yea we got a kid 2 year old boy he wont be happy about an early sleep

I see you learned your lesson the first time

caravel
10-12-2006, 13:24
No, the really sucky situation is the "stop playing on the computer and sit with me whilst I watch 3 hours of X Factor/Pop Idol/Insert mind-numbingly tedious reality TV of choice".

That is the nightmare situation. I have heard of cases where the wife watched "Big Brother" for hours and forced the husband to do the same. As a result his campaign suffered. This is in fact cruelty. Imagine the scenario:

Wife, loudly: "Are you watching or what?"

Husband: "whaaa... oh yes, I'm engrossed dear, totally engrossed... (...now where was I, oh yes camels. If I take the sinai next, charge camels uphill at the enemy's nubian spearmen, build a trader, and 80% farmland...)"

Wife: "HAHAHA... did you see that"?

Husband "ummm... oh yes! hahaha... (next I'd have to annex Ireland, but I haven't worked out how to get there yet...)

Wife: "Oh my god, they're going to... oh no they're not, oh HAHAHAHA! oh noooooo that was harsh! Hey are you watching?"

Husband: "(....hmmm camels, nizaris, if only....) Oh yea terrible... (now if I can retake Syria, charging his camels with my peasants should do it...)

Wife: "you're not watching are you?"

Husband: "(...camels...) whaaat?

Wife: "exactly..."

Husband: "Exactly what? (...desert archers, siege or asssault, and well now ghazis!)

Wife: "Forget it ok?"

Husband: "Forget what?"

Wife: "Nothing... JUST GO AND PLAY YOUR STUPID *BLEE - BLEE - BLEEP* GAME!"

*DOOR SLAMS*

Wife exits

*sounds of TV upstairs*

Husband: "(...camels...)"

*lunges for the pc*

And the solution? Simple.

Wife, loudly: "Are you watching or what?"

Husband: "GAH!!"

End of.

Andres
10-12-2006, 15:08
Big Brother...

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Ok, I'm against death penalty, with one exception: the makers and all the participants of this *** self-censoring *** program :viking: :hanged: :hanged: :rifle:

Avicenna
10-12-2006, 15:19
:laugh4:

drone
10-12-2006, 17:12
My lady did not like it at all when I would hole up in my computer room/office. It was upstairs, away from everything really, and she would always complain about not spending time together, she would always come in and bug me about random things, she would want to look up things online, etc. It got to be pretty impossible to get a few MTW turns in without harrassment. As a masterstroke, I got her a laptop for Christmas last year. Nothing too fancy (she just surfs the web and messes around with GIMP photo editing), but good enough to play some games as well. So naturally I installed MTW:VI (made sure to get a ATI vid card in it as well ~;) ) on it. She keeps it downstairs in the den. So now she can spend the evening watching shows off of TiVo, and I can be near her, playing through a VI campaign, on "her" laptop, without her complaining. As an added bonus, now I only have to go a few feet for another beer, instead of tromping up and down stairs. :2thumbsup: I've been able to play more MTW in the past year than I have in the previous 3.

Gaming while maintaining a relationship is just like TotalWar. Feints, flanking, diplomacy, and guile are all necessary skills. "This...is an age of darkness". :medievalcheers:

bedlam28
10-12-2006, 17:32
I think a possibly worse scenario:

Husband " ahh, house is quiet... time to grab the beer and Pie from the fridge, comfy cushion for the numb arse, and my battle plan; and off we go to the computer... whats that I hear, tap tap tap ??"

Door opens, slowly, and coming into sight is ... horror of horrors, Wifey sitting at the computer, playing ... SIMS !!! :furious3:
Wife : " oh hello dear, I just got my charactor to clean the kitchen and make dinner, what a great game... oh, put the kettle on please I'm right in the middle of designing the bedroom!"

Husband " NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo"

:wall: :sweatdrop: :wall:

edit : Language
-Mithrandir.

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
10-12-2006, 18:20
I dont have a lady,so lucky me. Though, Partents do complain when I spend from 7PM untill 1:30AM straight playing VI online :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

Avicenna
10-12-2006, 18:27
Is this your third account? Anyway, I must completely disagree with your statement. Having a lady is good. The trick is not to live together.

10-12-2006, 18:36
4th I presume, Anyhow

I know what you mean, you really mean, just not to get a lady at all :-)

Aisis Julius
10-12-2006, 18:38
I have a Rule that keeps us both happy.
i play rome every day. thu i limit the time to the taking of one turn.
and days off i take five towns.
this keeps the wife faction high for me.
Works for me he does not like when i play :laugh4: .
but does not have a reason to complain since i limit myself to the play time.

drone
10-12-2006, 18:50
Having a lady is good. The trick is not to live together.
No truer words have been spoken.

I had to limit my Rome playing time severely when it came out, I could only play a few turns in a row (and city maintenance was a pain). Combine this with the load/save bug, and it's pretty easy to see why I got turned off of RTW quickly.

doc_bean
10-12-2006, 21:47
I found that having a girlfriend and PC gaming to be rather incompatible. You can squeeze in some quality time if she has a hobby (that doesn't involve you).

Also, getting a DS was a great plan, now we can be together, I can play a game, and she can read a book or surf the web or watch a movie while still being with me ! A PSP or a laptop should also work. At last the true benefit of mobile gaming is revealed !

Scurvy
10-12-2006, 22:25
why not try the computer game and girlfriend at the same time ?, multitask :2thumbsup:

WifeoftheCount
10-12-2006, 23:08
I vote for Senior Membership for WifeoftheCount immediately, if not sooner! :laugh4:

A pie-worthy sentiment. :2thumbsup:

Lucjan
10-12-2006, 23:44
I have a completely different situation, but still just as much of a pain.

See, I love my games, and I love my girl...but my girl loves "games" too.

I hope I've found the solution (went and bought a brand new gaming laptop) so that when she's, like someone already said, *shudders* playing sims or something equally non-destructive, I can just plop down on the laptop and no longer need to subject myself to the wretched filth that comprises just about everything intended to be 'entertainment' on tv anymore.

To think, I spent years wheening that pc into a destructive world conquering total war powerhouse, now half the week it spends its time cooking pancakes and upping creativity levels by painting the same exact picture over and over again. :skull:

Thank god for the laptop! My new baby. :2thumbsup:

Fulliautomatix
10-13-2006, 01:24
Crikey, the reason I haven't ever bothered registering on the Org until recently is because between:

--work
--TW series
--wife
--2 small children

who has the time!?!! Something has to give ... and for me, mostly it's sleep.

I agree that a real help is to get a really good laptop -- that way after the kids are in the bed, you can sit with the wife on the sofa, and surf the net, balance the chequebook, chat with the wife, pretend to pay attention to her awful taste in television, and occasionally .... try to sack Rome.

Slartibardfast
10-13-2006, 02:28
Put the PC in the shed and play RTW there.

This (and beer, poker, silence,etc,) is why men have sheds.

Alexios
10-13-2006, 22:32
Put the PC in the shed and play RTW there.

This (and beer, poker, silence,etc,) is why men have sheds.
I keep mine in the basement near my workshop. Occasionally, I will get up from the game, go pick up a hammer and start beating on a piece of wood somewhere, just to let my wife know I'm still "working."

maximus overlord
10-14-2006, 14:18
i luckely have my own company so its easy for me in the weekend to say that i need to "work" at the office
:idea2:

Spongie
10-15-2006, 01:56
Ha, you want us to believe that you COMMAND your wife?

:inquisitive:Sure! Right-click on her with the mouse, move the cursor to where you want to go, and... uh... :stupido2:

Husband: "(...camels...)"

*lunges for the pc*~D

What a thread :laugh4:

Samurai Waki
10-15-2006, 02:47
I rarely have time to play RTW or MTW anymore. The She-Bear and her unborn cubs don't like the computer to take up to much of their 'Wakizashi' Time. Although back in the day, when sex was the norm (somehow having Sex with a Pregnant Women just isn't the same:shrug: ) I would've kicked my computer out of the window if she commanded it. But... oh who am I kidding? I would still kick my computer out of the window in exchange for a night of raunchy sex.

Lucjan
10-15-2006, 04:26
Sometimes its best to plan game days in advance. Give the wifey a couple days of total undivided attention, then muse aloud that you wish you had some time to get back into that game you were having so much fun with a little while ago. You'll get at least one good game day out of the deal.

10-15-2006, 04:44
I rarely have time to play RTW or MTW anymore. The She-Bear and her unborn cubs don't like the computer to take up to much of their 'Wakizashi' Time. Although back in the day, when sex was the norm (somehow having Sex with a Pregnant Women just isn't the same:shrug: ) I would've kicked my computer out of the window if she commanded it. But... oh who am I kidding? I would still kick my computer out of the window in exchange for a night of raunchy sex.

Yea, That why I don't plan on having any (nor my brother) of those demon Kids (no offense to partents, if you do take offense). First, I got a extreme Soft side for Babies, Second, I won't be good at rasising them later on :-(

maximus overlord
10-15-2006, 15:47
yea just for the laughf of it my wife deccides to by our little fraction heir a remote controlled car ours of fun for the kid i thought but now he comes the whole time to the office my wife made it clear that the charger should stay in the office because it wouldnt look good in any other rooms hurray

Cowhead418
10-15-2006, 16:39
The answer is simple. As others have said - if you have a woman, don't live with her. This way you have control of your gaming time. And, if you are a real man, you will have full control of your gaming time even if you have a nagging wife. Real men don't take orders, they give orders!:laugh4:

Bagpuss
10-15-2006, 18:02
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1270129&postcount=54

- Mithrandir

10-15-2006, 18:39
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1270129&postcount=54

- Mithrandir

Mithrandir
10-15-2006, 18:43
Gentleman, disrespectful posts (towards woman in this case) will not be tolerated on the Org.

Please keep this in mind when posting.

Bagpuss
10-15-2006, 19:00
could I point out a backhander where I live refers to giving your missus money etc a sub/bribe ,lol an not violence ..HMM :(

10-15-2006, 19:22
and My Doesn't Include Violence, like beating, but ok,sorry.

Lucjan
10-15-2006, 20:14
...I agree with Mithrandir. It's ok to have some fun poking at the mrs'es, but be respectful.

Bagpuss
10-15-2006, 21:04
As I said I didnt mean to infer violence , so let this be an end to It OK !!!

Lucjan

I think your comments are very unhelpful to say the least ....:(

mods
maybe an apology for the warning I recieved would be the correct/decent thing too ..

doc_bean
10-15-2006, 21:15
Aw this was a great thread about how to live with the woman you really love AND be able to play games. Too bad it's ruined now :shame:

Mithrandir
10-15-2006, 21:23
Thread copied. Off topic posts deleted.

For future reference, do not use a thread to complain about the actions taken by staff. Instead use Private messages, contact the Forum admin (Tosa Inu at the moment), or in the worst case, post in the Watchtower.

Thread closed.